This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Shounic

Mercenaries Cup 5 Discussion

Best of 7 is first to 4. Much like best of 3 is first to 2 and best of 5 is first to 3. Please use a little more discretion next time before attempting to find fault where there is none.

Best of 7 is first to 4. Much like best of 3 is first to 2 and best of 5 is first to 3. Please use a little more discretion next time before attempting to find fault where there is none.

As this topic is discussion and for people to ask question, its not of finding fault but of clarification. Not sure why you find it as a fault. Thanks for clarification though. 

Is this part of the ruling considered correct or wrong?

4ID. Draws

Map draws in Mercenaries Cup are allowed (with the exception of koth_pro_viaduct_rc3, koth_ashville_rc1 and cp_gravelpit)

Matches are played out over 2 maps with individual map wins being the focus."

I think what he meant to say was that there could be a better way of stating it instead of bo7 cause bo3 as stated by shou, means best of 3 maps, so bo7 (to new/confused players) would mean best of 7 maps, in this case, best of 7 maps of koth coalplant or wtv koth map but it should actually be "first to 4". He isn't really finding fault but asking on behalf of confused players as well as giving shou feedback

Edited by teal

As this topic is discussion and for people to ask question, its not of finding fault but of clarification. Not sure why you find it as a fault. Thanks for clarification though. 

Is this part of the ruling considered correct or wrong?

4ID. Draws

Map draws in Mercenaries Cup are allowed (with the exception of koth_pro_viaduct_rc3, koth_ashville_rc1 and cp_gravelpit)

Matches are played out over 2 maps with individual map wins being the focus."

This question has been fielded before, below and in every current match thread stating three maps to be played. The rules will remain unchanged for transparency, fairness, and protocol reasons till the next event.

http://asiafortress.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3474-mercenaries-cup-5-discussion/?p=32589

I think what he meant to say was that there could be a better way of stating it instead of bo7 cause bo3 as stated by shou, means best of 3 maps, so bo7 (to new/confused players) would mean best of 7 maps, in this case, best of 7 maps of koth coalplant or wtv koth map but it should actually be "first to 4". He isn't really finding fault but asking on behalf of confused players as well as giving shou feedback

"4IC. KOTH Maps

Best of 7 Rounds / First to 4 round wins. No time limit.

I don't see why the "Best of 7 rounds" would be construed as "Best of 7 maps", but forgive me for mistaking this inquiry for the habit of certain community members to engage in disingenuous regulatory discussion.

Delay mercs games that might clash with the lan?

I agreed with Marion on pausing the tournament until the 19th.

This question has been fielded before, below and in every current match thread stating three maps to be played. The rules will remain unchanged for transparency, fairness, and protocol reasons till the next event.

http://asiafortress.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3474-mercenaries-cup-5-discussion/?p=32589

"4IC. KOTH Maps

Best of 7 Rounds / First to 4 round wins. No time limit.

I don't see why the "Best of 7 rounds" would be construed as "Best of 7 maps", but forgive me for mistaking this inquiry for the habit of certain community members to engage in disingenuous regulatory discussion.

Seems like you misunderstood , i was not referring to the 3 maps thingy since i have already asked that before, instead i was asking about the "exception of these maps...." Should at least have an updated version for the rules rather than an hyperlink leading to an old set of rules when a NEW MAP (koth_coalplant_b7) was to be introduce to the map pool. i do not know how you misinterpret my meaning when i bold the words of the maps rather match are played over 2 maps unless your browser does not support "bold". After all its for the clarification of players as not all players that joined this competition does not have english as their main language which you are verse in. So misinterpretation of this set of rules may affect how their game is going to be played.

I agreed with Marion on pausing the tournament until the 19th.

Further clarification on this, so this Week's game to be played as for normal? or only start from next Week's game. If only starting from next week, will it span over a period of 2 weeks for next week game? or postpone? Since not ALL teams in merc cup 5 are participating in the AFLAN ( Overseas teams).

Further clarification on this, so this Week's game to be played as for normal? or only start from next Week's game. If only starting from next week, will it span over a period of 2 weeks for next week game? or postpone? Since not ALL teams in merc cup 5 are participating in the AFLAN ( Overseas teams).

This week's game will be played as normal, but I will have special consideration for teams who wish to push their games to a date after this week's deadline, as there are no repercussions for doing so. (This isn't a guarantee.)

For the sake of clarity, this week is Week A, and next week is Week B. After A is over, I will post B's matches like usual, so people who want to play it can play it, but instead of the deadline being the 16th, the deadline will be extended to the sunday after Week B. That means that teams have two weeks to play match B.

This week's game will be played as normal, but I will have special consideration for teams who wish to push their games to a date after this week's deadline, as there are no repercussions for doing so. (This isn't a guarantee.)

For the sake of clarity, this week is Week A, and next week is Week B. After A is over, I will post B's matches like usual, so people who want to play it can play it, but instead of the deadline being the 16th, the deadline will be extended to the sunday after Week B. That means that teams have two weeks to play match B.

Ok Thanks a lot for the explanation.

Map Pool:

• cp_badlands (Difference of 5 or 30 Mins)
  • koth_coalplant_b7 (Best of 7, No Time Limit, No Draw)
  • cp_metalworks_rc5 (Tie Breaker Map, Difference of 5 or 30 Mins)

What about server that maps are using rc4, if we need to do a 3rd map? depends on the server that we are using??

Map Pool:
  • cp_badlands (Difference of 5 or 30 Mins)
  • koth_coalplant_b7 (Best of 7, No Time Limit, No Draw)
  • cp_metalworks_rc5 (Tie Breaker Map, Difference of 5 or 30 Mins)

What about server that maps are using rc4, if we need to do a 3rd map? depends on the server that we are using??

Both teams must attempt their best to play the map stated. If both teams agree with playing an older version, an exception might be considered. If the server does not even have the map, then teams must play on the fairest AsiaFortress Server. 

In other extreme cases, they are reviewed case by case.

Shou, kindly edit the challonge please. Score should be 1-0 for Lee Jeong Beom vs FFS (ffs forfeit the 2nd round) 2:0 whichever, but not 6:1