This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Shounic

Mercenaries Cup 5 Discussion

I noticed in the previous Mercenaries Cup( MercCup 4) had an EXTREMELY higher skill level. Can I know what is the minimum of "Division Level" does one have to be in or is it just free for all and the "weaker" players didn't participate. Please pardon my extreme ignorance if I didn't notice something being written about the skill level and also my great curiosity.

I noticed in the previous Mercenaries Cup( MercCup 4) had an EXTREMELY higher skill level. Can I know what is the minimum of "Division Level" does one have to be in or is it just free for all and the "weaker" players didn't participate. Please pardon my extreme ignorance if I didn't notice something being written about the skill level and also my great curiosity.

As per previous Mercenaries Cup Tournaments, there will be no skill divisions and skill requirements. Any div 5 or div 1 team are allowed admission. 

As per previous Mercenaries Cup Tournaments, there will be no skill divisions and skill requirements. Any div 5 or div 1 team are allowed admission. 

There's a div 5?

1B. Ranking

The format of the tournament is double elimination. Matches are a best of 3 maps.

Isn't it best of 3 maps why are there only 2 maps in the match threads? Some teams have already played, how you gonna award who wins? when Team A win 1 map and Team B win 1 map. E.g team will be cute beast and homely hobos. Will there be an extension for them to reschedule a 3rd map? Prev merccup 4 has 3 maps per round (3rd map only played if there is a draw of Team A win 1 map and Team B win 1 map). Kindly clarify asap.

Isn't it best of 3 maps why are there only 2 maps in the match threads? Some teams have already played, how you gonna award who wins? when Team A win 1 map and Team B win 1 map. E.g team will be cute beast and homely hobos. Will there be an extension for them to reschedule a 3rd map? Prev merccup 4 has 3 maps per round (3rd map only played if there is a draw of Team A win 1 map and Team B win 1 map). Kindly clarify asap.

First round is only two maps due to the time constraints. If it's a tie, teams play  golden cap on viaduct. Whoever wins 1 more round. 

First round is only two maps due to the time constraints. If it's a tie, teams play golden cap on viaduct. Whoever wins 1 more round.

For my team (The Homely Hobos) and maybe some other teams, I believe this was not aforementioned in the rules in any way, so are we getting an extension of some sort if we can't schedule by today for the golden cap?

For my team (The Homely Hobos) and maybe some other teams, I believe this was not aforementioned in the rules in any way, so are we getting an extension of some sort if we can't schedule by today for the golden cap?

definitely

Please do not exceed Wednesday to schedule your match.

First round is only two maps due to the time constraints. If it's a tie, teams play  golden cap on viaduct. Whoever wins 1 more round. 

Oh.. then why isn't it adhering to the rules when the rules stated best of 3 maps(update the rules instead of copy pasting). Time constraints of league? or time constraints of the teams?, when the match itself isn't scheduled by admins but by the teams themselves. 

Will there be a broadcast to all the teams as there are many various countries such as jp,kr, cn? As this is only stated in this discussion. They may refer to your old stated rules and many further conflicts will come as to who will proceed on when there is stalemate on 1:1. So can i assume the 2nd map will always be golden cap?? Or will it be stated in future match threads? Kindly clarify.

Will there be a broadcast to all the teams as there are many various countries such as jp,kr, cn? As this is only stated in this discussion. They may refer to your old stated rules and many further conflicts will come as to who will proceed on when there is stalemate on 1:1. So can i assume the 2nd map will always be golden cap?? Or will it be stated in future match threads? Kindly clarify.

All future matches will have 3 maps.

All future matches will have 3 maps.

Ok, do you need to broadcast to existing teams that haven played the match yet? or have already done so. thanks for clarification

Edited by dEs^_^

Ok, do you need to broadcast to existing teams that haven played the match yet? or have already done so. thanks for clarification

I've notified other captains already.

Wasn't Mercs supposed to be the alternate playstyle, experimental, winner-take-all-metals cup?

What gameplay differences or prize stakes from the regular season have been implemented this time round? Also will teams face burnout considering upcoming LAN? What kind of casting coverage is planned? Can we expect a highlights clip at the end?

Sorry so many questions, thanks for reading!! ^¤^

Wasn't Mercs supposed to be the alternate playstyle, experimental, winner-take-all-metals cup?

What gameplay differences or prize stakes from the regular season have been implemented this time round? Also will teams face burnout considering upcoming LAN? What kind of casting coverage is planned? Can we expect a highlights clip at the end?

Sorry so many questions, thanks for reading!! ^¤^

1. - yes, and it still is.

2. We haven't found a worthwhile gameplay experiment to implement, so I've taken the decision to set merc's cup as a preface to AFC8 and a ruler for Asian Teams. Sorry.

Prize stakes are in discussion, there is complexities to the issue due to how the items are to be handled. Prizes will definitely be given, but we ask people to give us time to sort it out. This will not happen in AFC8. I'm personally assuring that we'll avoid unannounced prizes. Regardless, please tolerate our delays. 

Whether or not teams face burn out have been considered by Marion and it's not really my place to judge that. LAN dates were confirmed after Merc Cup was launched, so there was not much I believe I could've done.

Casting coverage has NOT been planned, but it's not to say there won't be. We have the contacts and infrastructure to support it, so perhaps there very well will be casting. The main issue I see is that as the dates may change, I rather approach people at a later date when times of matches are more set in stone.

Highlights is certainly possible. Currently I am not biased towards neither yes or no.

• Like 1

• "koth_coalplant_b7 (Best of 7, No Time Limit, No Draw)"

What does best of 7 means?? explain.

Inside Rules

http://asiafortress.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3477-mercenaries-cup-tournament-rules/#kothmaps

"4IC. KOTH Maps

Best of 7 Rounds / First to 4 round wins. No time limit.

[back To Top]

4ID. Draws

Map draws in Mercenaries Cup are allowed (with the exception of koth_pro_viaduct_rc3, koth_ashville_rc1 and cp_gravelpit)

Matches are played out over 2 maps with individual map wins being the focus."

Explanation of maps of 7 rounds not clear, under Draws category with the exception of those 3 maps, but koth_coalplant_b7 is not inside (clearly copy paste from previous merc cup without editing or vetting through (correct me if i am wrong))

Explanation should goes out to various team's leader as this map is played is this current week, and verification of the best of 7 rounds should be clarified before any games are played as there maybe confusion.

Thanks