This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Caldoran

AFHL Mixes 2 Discussion and Feedback Thread

Hello all!

Discuss about the AsiaFortress Highlander Mixes 2 here, ask some questions, or offer your two cents as to how we can run it better! We value your feedback, and seek to continuously improve.

Thanks!

Some questions to help you out:

General Feedback Questions:

1. What do you think of the way the current Mix is run?
  2. Do you think the Mixes start at a reasonable time?
  3. Are the rules too long and/or complicated? Should they be shortened or simplified?
  4. Do you have any suggestions for us to improve the Mixes?

Week 1 Questions: (feedback starts here)

1. Did you have fun in this week's Mix?
  2. What did you think of the team balance?
  3. What do you think of the rules and regulations set in place?
  4. Did the Mix start at a reasonable time?
  5. Do you like the method of how maps are picked?
  6. How was the quality of the game?
  7. Did you feel your team had sufficient comms, given that it's a Mix?
  8. Do you think players should be able to swap classes within teams?
  9. What suggestions do you have to improve the Highlander Mixes?

Week 2 Questions: (feedback starts here)

2. What did you think of the team balance?
  3. How do you feel about the new Team Leader concept?
  4. Do you think your Team Leader did a good job?
  5. Do you feel that the rules are too long and/or complicated and should be shortened/simplified?
  6. Did the Mix start on time, or did you feel it was late?
  7. What do you think of the maps available for Map 2 this week?
  8. Was the game of a high-quality?
  9. Were the comms sufficient, given it's a Mix?
  10. How do you feel about the changes regarding allowing players to switch classes?
  11. Do you think players should be able to withdraw from the Mix without needing a substitute?
  12. What suggestions do you have to improve the Highlander Mixes?
  13. Who's this week's MVP? :D

You might wanna make the poll completely public and consider only the people playing's votes into the map vote

Good ideas. May place the map voting into the signup form instead. We'll see.

YES

1. What did you think of the team balance?

PRETTY GOOD

1. What do you think of the rules and regulations set in place?

VERY STRICT BUT NEEDED IN THIS USELESS COMMUNITY WHERE EVERYONE IS LATE.

1. Did the Mix start at a reasonable time?

YES

1. Do you like the method of how maps are picked?

YES

1. How was the quality of the game?

THE FIRST TWO WERE SERIOUS. THE TIEBREAKER WAS VERY VERY INTENSE.

1. Did you feel your team had sufficient comms, given that it's a Mix?

GOOD COMMS. MESSY AT TIMES THOUGH.

1. Do you think players should be able to swap classes within teams?

YES

1. What suggestions do you have to improve the Highlander Mixes?

UNBAN SHORT CIRCUIT AND ALLOCATE TEAM CAPTAINS AS I HAVE SUGGESTED B4.

Edited by Sogeking
  • Like 1

1. Did you have fun in this week's Mix? YES.

2. What did you think of the team balance? Good.

What do you think of the rules and regulations set in place? It's good I guess.

Did the Mix start at a reasonable time? No, because I was late, so I suppose I received a warning?

Do you like the method of how maps are picked? Yes. Barnblitz pro was fun, so was you corn.

How was the quality of the game? Good.

Did you feel your team had sufficient comms, given that it's a Mix? Yes, I do.

Do you think players should be able to swap classes within teams? If it's allowed in UGC, why not?

What suggestions do you have to improve the Highlander Mixes? We should play maps like koth_arctic and pl_borneo. It would be fun. :D Oh and don't forget the home of highlander, pl_swiftwater_ugc. :)

• Like 1

1. Did you have fun in this week's Mix? Yes

What did you think of the team balance? Yes

What do you think of the rules and regulations set in place? Its great

Did the Mix start at a reasonable time? probably

Do you like the method of how maps are picked? Yes

How was the quality of the game? Fun

Did you feel your team had sufficient comms, given that it's a Mix?  sufficient comms.

Do you think players should be able to swap classes within teams? No.

What suggestions do you have to improve the Highlander Mixes? Nothing. i think it's great as it is

Edited by akisaur
  • Like 1

1. Definitely.

2.The team balance was quite OK, but the other team had people who knew each other really well (Fanzone,Wacky), while another team had people who don't talk to each other alot. Even though they were still friends.

3. Really good. 

4.Definitely, the time that was set was really good, as it was set after most people ate their dinner and what not.

5.Yes, I do, but why Yukon :`(

6.It was one of the best Highlander mixes I have ever been in, where everyone other one are mostly throw gaming, this one was a really fun one with people playing proper games.

7.Yes, and making Mumble mandatory was just so good. 

8. I think many people have different opinions on this matter, but lots of people practice it ( e.g. me), I think you should be allowed 1 or at most 2 switches. But excessive switching is quite stupid in my opinion.

9.I have no idea.

• Like 1

What did you think of the team balance?

What do you think of the rules and regulations set in place?

Did the Mix start at a reasonable time?

Do you like the method of how maps are picked?

How was the quality of the game?

Did you feel your team had sufficient comms, given that it's a Mix?

Do you think players should be able to swap classes within teams?

What suggestions do you have to improve the Highlander Mixes?

1. Yes definitely aha!!

2. I think the teams were balanced well, there were no definite champions of the mix just from looking at the teams on paper.

3. I believe the rules and regulations were suitable for a mix like this but as for the reinforcement of the punishments that were set on the forum thread, they were meted out as strictly as I thought it would have been. Granted being the first mix haha.

4. Yes I suppose that 8pm GMT+8 would be an optimal time I guess.

5. Yes the method of how the maps were picked were fine, especially since it caters to the majority. However, I believe a better polling system should be implemented so as to ensure the 18 people who signed up for the mix were the only 18 people who are allowed to vote in the poll.

6. The game was good!

7. Definitely, in fact I think both teams had a bit too much comms, the mumble was a bit of a mess as everyone was calling random things. But for a mix I suppose that would be expected.

8. I don't think players should be restricted to the class they signed up for if the other teammate that wants to switch is willing to.  :o

• Like 1

1. Did you have fun in this week's Mix? HOLY SHIT YES

What did you think of the team balance? very well balanced, except I burden for team everytime :(

What do you think of the rules and regulations set in place? Should always be as strict as this, but lenient enough to listen to players (2fort)

Did the Mix start at a reasonable time? Yep

Do you like the method of how maps are picked? We got 2fort...YES

How was the quality of the game? Barnblitz and Yukon were really close, 2fort was hella fun, overall good stuff

Did you feel your team had sufficient comms, given that it's a Mix? Messy as a pita, but better than nothing

Do you think players should be able to swap classes within teams? Yep, some ppl dont have form on certain classes

What suggestions do you have to improve the Highlander Mixes? Wider map pool, stuff like yukon should be implemented more, and unban my poor baby face blaster already u meanie heads :(

• Like 1

I lazy type qn so:

1. Yes

2.Quite balanced

3. Yes althought the 2fort thing was like a post mix thing so it wldnt really be counted as going against rules after all

4. Yes but imo a little later is better, friday after all

5. Yes

6. Dk what to say quality wise, its all based on the teams who play it

7. Yeh

8. Yes, its just like asking for a sub withint teams

9. make it so can vote player of the week! Then it will encourage others to play more and improve! :)

TYVM FOR MIX

• Like 1

1. Did you have fun in this week's Mix? YES.

2. What did you think of the team balance? I don't like how people just sign up and not show up and then distrupts the team balance, other than that, it was alright.

How do you feel about the new Team Leader concept? Good.

Do you think your Team Leader did a good job? I don't know, it's for my team to decide since I was the leader.

Do you feel that the rules are too long and/or complicated and should be shortened/simplified? It's just fine.

Did the Mix start on time, or did you feel it was late? Reasonable.

What do you think of the maps available for Map 2 this week? Play more hipster maps please.

Was the game of a high-quality? No shit.

Were the comms sufficient, given it's a Mix? Yes.

How do you feel about the changes regarding allowing players to switch classes? Refer to my comment last week.

Do you think players should be able to withdraw from the Mix without needing a substitute? No, they should source their own substitute.

What suggestions do you have to improve the Highlander Mixes? Impose a more strict rule towards no-shows.

Who's this week's MVP? :DQJ.

• Like 1

1. Did you have fun in this week's Mix? YESH

What did you think of the team balance? It's stupid

How do you feel about the new Team Leader concept? i dont know

Do you think your Team Leader did a good job? my leader is lagging

Do you feel that the rules are too long and/or complicated and should be shortened/simplified? dont really care

Did the Mix start on time, or did you feel it was late? i didnt bother checking time

What do you think of the maps available for Map 2 this week? I WANT TURBINE

Was the game of a high-quality?  My game is put on low quality so no ( joking joking it was fun 10/10 would bang again or more likely join again )

Were the comms sufficient, given it's a Mix?   Yesh

How do you feel about the changes regarding allowing players to switch classes?

Do you think players should be able to withdraw from the Mix without needing a substitute?

What suggestions do you have to improve the Highlander Mixes? LET EVERYONE OFFCLASS :>:>:>:>

Who's this week's MVP?  :D Seohyun : The medic's almost down

• Like 1

1. Did you have fun in this week's Mix?     somewhat

2. What did you think of the team balance?    not ideal, but unavoidable

How do you feel about the new Team Leader concept?   pretty useless, no difference from past mixes

Do you think your Team Leader did a good job?   normal 

Do you feel that the rules are too long and/or complicated and should be shortened/simplified?   yes

Did the Mix start on time, or did you feel it was late?   pretty early that was good

What do you think of the maps available for Map 2 this week?    good

Was the game of a high-quality?     not in the slightest hahahaha

Were the comms sufficient, given it's a Mix?   cluttered but once again unavoidable alot of people are new to highlander

How do you feel about the changes regarding allowing players to switch classes?   ban

Do you think players should be able to withdraw from the Mix without needing a substitute?     no

What suggestions do you have to improve the Highlander Mixes?   as fanzone said, stricter rules please

Who's this week's MVP?  :D   nova did decent, improved alot from the last time i saw him. from own team cyra was good

shoutout to the ri engieboy stout shako who gunslingered a level 3 down by himself

another to my team's medic keep playing with the right attitude and you'll get better. don't be afraid to shout at your team when they're playing stupid aggressive and overextending i.e. myself

Edited by qjyap
  • Like 1

1. Did you have fun in this week's Mix?  Definitely
  2. What did you think of the team balance?  Felt the team's were pretty balanced
  3. How do you feel about the new Team Leader concept?  Didn't feel like it made a huge difference
  4. Do you think your Team Leader did a good job?  Like a normal player
  5. Do you feel that the rules are too long and/or complicated and should be shortened/simplified? Most of it was common sense so pretty easy to follow
  6. Did the Mix start on time, or did you feel it was late? A couple of people were late but it ended at the right time
  7. What do you think of the maps available for Map 2 this week? Didn't play previous weeks so I can't really judge
  8. Was the game of a high-quality?  High-quality? I don't think so. Medium-quality? Yes
  9. Were the comms sufficient, given it's a Mix?  Yep
  10. How do you feel about the changes regarding allowing players to switch classes?  I don't see why people shouldn't switch classes if both players agree to.
  11. Do you think players should be able to withdraw from the Mix without needing a substitute?  No, everyone should sub.
  12. What suggestions do you have to improve the Highlander Mixes?  The teams were a bit confusing at first, I wasn't aware that we had to go back to the forums to look at our teams. Maybe write it down in the rules for the newer players (like me) to see? And as said before, stricter rules for no-shows.
  13. Who's this week's MVP?  :D  Hmm.. hard to decide. I'd say QJ

Hope these mixes continue all year long.

Edited by Visamper
  • Like 1

1. Did you have fun in this week's Mix? 50/50 on this

2. What did you think of the team balance? Red was pretty stacked, should have scrambled after 1st map

How do you feel about the new Team Leader concept? Minimal to no impact on the game. Comms were just one big clusterf*ck

Do you think your Team Leader did a good job? n/a

Do you feel that the rules are too long and/or complicated and should be shortened/simplified? I feel the rules are good as they are

Did the Mix start on time, or did you feel it was late? started late

What do you think of the maps available for Map 2 this week? KOTH was just a dm fest. Snake was okay

Was the game of a high-quality? No

Were the comms sufficient, given it's a Mix? Too much unnecessary information was being communicated

How do you feel about the changes regarding allowing players to switch classes? uhh :o idk what's this about

Do you think players should be able to withdraw from the Mix without needing a substitute? Should never happen

What suggestions do you have to improve the Highlander Mixes? Have people actually know how to play HL before they can sign up? If not then the mix becomes no different from a pub, which I feel defeats the whole purpose of it. I really felt like there was communication(though most of it redundant) but no one was really working together

Who's this week's MVP? QJYAPPY

Sorry if i'm being overly critical. Just trying to provide constructive and honest feedback. Maybe that or I just set my expectations too high. Either way, good effort keep it up!

• Like 2

Can we give the mix one last chance for this CNY as more people will be available to play since it is the holidays. If the mix doesn't go through even on a holiday, then we know for sure that the mixes are not going to do well on normal days D: