8:56 PM - All-Father: its like shit

8:57 PM - ****: i got one word

8:57 PM - ****: SHIT

8:57 PM - oaueue: a few words

8:57 PM - oaueue: lol

8:57 PM - ****: x10

_____

10:23 PM - _____.: filled with stupid kids

Would these three fine genitalmen care to elaborate on their thoughts a bit more? :blink::unsure::wacko::ph34r:

Well I can speak for myself when it comes to the issue of transparency. I've started posting those Admin Updates for the sake of that, letting people know what we're doing. It's just that we prefer to pile things up so we make one big post instead of many smaller ones. Of course if you want many smaller ones, we can change that.

Also i'd like to remind everybody that this forum thread pertains specifically to Puzzled's 5 suggestions.

Everybody's opinion is valued and respected but let's try our very very best to not turn this into another "bobb did not get picked but let's discuss off-classing in pugs and how it helps creativity and allows for practice for effective offclassing but when nubu offclassers do it they become burden and teammates get mad and argument carries on yay yay yay!" situation.

Focus focus!

For or Against Puzz's ideas?

Counter suggestions?

You all talk about wanting change but what change do you actually want? Also instead of complaining every time think about what you yourself have contributed to the community...

I agree with puzz anyway on having more server admins and basing decisions on common sense and personal judgement. Also the skill level has stagnated (declined?) to a point worse than the secret stars Era, still waiting for some up and coming team to surprise me. Probably not a single sg team besides ffs that can challenge senior players :(

How do we motivate you guys to want to be good? I would have thought personal achievement was more than enough reason to do well

• Like 1

You all talk about wanting change but what change do you actually want? Also instead of complaining every time think about what you yourself have contributed to the community...

I agree with puzz anyway on having more server admins and basing decisions on common sense and personal judgement. Also the skill level has stagnated (declined?) to a point worse than the secret stars Era, still waiting for some up and coming team to surprise me. Probably not a single sg team besides ffs that can challenge senior players :(

How do we motivate you guys to want to be good? I would have thought personal achievement was more than enough reason to do well

sorry, where is ffs? i've asked for scrims at least 5 times, no-go. they might have disbanded.

Bob i tell u alrdy! 

role model no gud,

baby come out,

baby also no gud!!!!

I posted in the thread first before asking you haha.

Anyway, I think one of the problems is that the more new players or even some veterans are not accessing this forum enough (atleast one to two times a week maybe?). To me, discussion and sharing of ideas are the key to progress in a community. If only a handful of us out of the large pool of players are actively discussing, then it could be hard to move forward cos there will always be players that are unaware of what's going on in the community or dont agree what we are going to do because they werent in the discussion or wasnt actively reading it up.

Also, maybe they're just too shy or scared (of me. Hahaha. Kidding la) to post their opinions because they're scared of the possibility of backlash,negative feedback or getting ridiculed.( example: my thread about not getting picked in pugs becomes a offclassing arguement shitfest). If you are one of those ppl and are currently reading this, don't worry. Just speak your mind. :D

This was just an opinion. :D

tl:dr i was talking about cats. 

HVaUyghb.jpg

(No, i wasnt)

Pretty sure everyone can relate to the offclassing problem :<

But the mash potato story was quite a good read and was a lot less heavy than some other posts :)

apparently there are no more off-class rules. Dont know if this was due to a lack of understanding but whatevaaaaaa

Also other then shounics good hearted attempts i still dont see any of the admin team weighing in on the discussed issues. Disappointing to say the least

apparently there are no more off-class rules. Dont know if this was due to a lack of understanding but whatevaaaaaa

Also other then shounics good hearted attempts i still dont see any of the admin team weighing in on the discussed issues. Disappointing to say the least

The only rule that truly mattered was Rule #1 anyway and that can still act as a guideline even when there are no more off-class rules.

Also other then shounicsAndrew h good hearted attempts i still dont see any of the admin team weighing in on the discussed issues. Disappointing to say the least

The others have been quite busy, namely spammah and Natapon busy handling setting up servers for other regions and the recent server maintenance. Natapon also upgraded the server hardware RAM yesterday. Andrew has been revising for his major exam, and fuzz is waiting to post a wall of text as usual. :)

nasty

8:55 PM - All-Father: hah

8:55 PM - All-Father: i dun like AF now luh

_____

nasty

_____

nasty

_____

nasty

_____

Would these three fine genitalmen care to elaborate on their thoughts a bit more? :blink::unsure::wacko::ph34r:

Would these three fine genitalmen care to elaborate on their thoughts a bit more? :blink::unsure::wacko: :ph34r:Would these three fine genitalmen care to elaborate on their thoughts a bit more? :blink::unsure::wacko::ph34r:

Would these three fine genitalmen care to elaborate on their thoughts a bit more? :blink::unsure::wacko: :ph34r:Would these three fine genitalmen care to elaborate on their thoughts a bit more? :blink::unsure::wacko: :ph34r:Would these three fine genitalmen care to elaborate on their thoughts a bit more? :blink::unsure::wacko: :ph34r:Would these three fine genitalmen care to elaborate on their thoughts a bit more? :blink::unsure::wacko::ph34r:

• Like 2

nasty

_____

Would these three fine genitalmen care to elaborate on their thoughts a bit more? :blink::unsure::wacko: :ph34r:Would these three fine genitalmen care to elaborate on their thoughts a bit more? :blink::unsure::wacko::ph34r:

Would these three fine genitalmen care to elaborate on their thoughts a bit more? :blink::unsure::wacko: :ph34r:Would these three fine genitalmen care to elaborate on their thoughts a bit more? :blink::unsure::wacko: :ph34r:Would these three fine genitalmen care to elaborate on their thoughts a bit more? :blink::unsure::wacko: :ph34r:Would these three fine genitalmen care to elaborate on their thoughts a bit more? :blink::unsure::wacko::ph34r:

Still waiting for a response from these 3 guys.

I started my competitive scene in AF back in 2012, i just had enough with idling and wanted something more challenging. So i started looking up all about 6s and how it works, feeling confident enough i came to AF to have my first pug.

First Impression = Shit

I didn't remember who was the vets back then, neither do i want to call names really, but i was so bad back then i was even considered cancerous and people tried to voteban me. I knew the system and everything, knew the standard class lineup etc, but i think it has something to do with me being at the bottom score with less than a 1/4 points that the guy above me. The second time i came in people were fighting for not having me in their team, let's just say i never came back for a year or so.

Fast forward to the last few month, i was still a noob nevertheless. I started playing on AF again, the community is much more tolerant and i had a pretty good time. I still do get yelled now and then but i think that has to do with me STILL sucking. 

I don't really have a suggestion on what to do here, just a bit of story about my experience on AF over the last year, to give you guys a view on what the newbies are looking at here.

• Like 5

12:37 PM - hurcles: why are ppl like

12:37 PM - hurcles: trying

12:37 PM - hurcles: its not an issue with asiafortress

12:37 PM - hurcles: or anything

12:37 PM - hurcles: its just

12:37 PM - hurcles: no one plays the game anymore

12:37 PM - hurcles: cos it sucks

12:37 PM - hurcles: and theres like 50 other better games to play

thats an australian faggot's opinion

so what kippani say?

kippani say must have server admins for sure

kippani say rules must be rules but strict rules scare people away (also scares new players)

kippani likes flexibility  :wub:  so pls have logical rules, not OFFCLASS = BAN MOTHERFUCKER 

SOME OFFCLASS IN SOME SITUATION GOOD, OTHERS BAD. COMMON SENSE HELP YOU SEE SITUATION

kippani say don't kick people from the scene due to bad attitude. help them learn

removing cancer from this scene is basically throwing asiafortress into the sea to drown

but if said player continues to show bad attitude 

im sure any admin with cummun sense can handle it in a professional way

listen to people and their suggestions?

since 2010 people ask for more unloki and all u give them is like 3 unloki?

telling them you're not ready for more unloki. you cant even play badlands properly u want unlocks?? lol fuk off

you know how did UGC come up with their whitelist

they fucking tested it throughout seasons

its like fucking beta testing so why cant we do it, kippani no understand

and yes kippani believes that a hitler can save asiaforteress from gettin rekt'

but this person must be fully committed and must do more then just speaking/typing to his followerz

i am in full agreement with helig (but only here) , kippani +1'd y0u 

You want a community, you make sure you have a fucking heart to build one. It's not just a numerical entity - like the number of players, number of teams, number of people turning up at events. It manifests in the way you treat the people you meet in it, because remember - THEY'RE FUCKING PEOPLE and not just names and pixels on screens that feed you your high-in-the-clouds frag score. It's not just about getting better, or increasing the skill level, but motivating and helping those that are below you, rather than putting them down and judging everyone you meet.

PS ------------------------------------------------- bran is short (i hope you see this)

• Like 4

I started my competitive scene in AF back in 2012, i just had enough with idling and wanted something more challenging. So i started looking up all about 6s and how it works, feeling confident enough i came to AF to have my first pug.

First Impression = Shit

I didn't remember who was the vets back then, neither do i want to call names really, but i was so bad back then i was even considered cancerous and people tried to voteban me. I knew the system and everything, knew the standard class lineup etc, but i think it has something to do with me being at the bottom score with less than a 1/4 points that the guy above me. The second time i came in people were fighting for not having me in their team, let's just say i never came back for a year or so.

Fast forward to the last few month, i was still a noob nevertheless. I started playing on AF again, the community is much more tolerant and i had a pretty good time. I still do get yelled now and then but i think that has to do with me STILL sucking. 

I don't really have a suggestion on what to do here, just a bit of story about my experience on AF over the last year, to give you guys a view on what the newbies are looking at here.

Your post is highly appreciated. Feel free to look for a mentor via our AsiaFortress Academy initiative over here: http://asiafortress.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3130-asiafortress-academy/

Just would like to share my experience too like Pewtis here.

I don't exactly remember when did I played my very first pug (way long before AFA 3) but I still remember how I felt at that time. I knew how 6s worked roughly at that time so I wasn't completely clueless when I came into the server. Played medic, got raged/scolded at (because pop ubers at the wrong time, completely my fault) and never came back for a long time. Nevertheless, I was still very interested about 6s so I just spec-ed people playing pugs hours and hours on end. Got the courage to try after a while and the same thing happened again (got sniped too many times and dropped my ubers). I was so discouraged by the whole thing that I didn't even want to play pugs anymore. I know most people would just suck it up like a real man and improve themselves but I guess I have thin skin, hah. 

Fast forward to AFA3 that I joined last year, I met really awesome mentors like Fuzz, Spammah, Russkan, Destiny etc and people like Erio Because of them, I slowly warmed up to the idea of playing pugs again. Took me a long time before I finally decided to type !join recently. People seems to be nicer even though I still sucked very badly. Played a couple of pugs (I stick to low level pugs because still apprehensive about getting raged at by veterans) and had a great time playing, especially with friends (and dragging them down, sorry).

My 2 cents :3

• Like 4

Honestly, the mumble rule is needed if pugs want to be more than just organized 6s pubs. Often, there are no calls, and just players playing their individual game, we'd see no communication nor teamwork. Neither is there any friendship forged between vets and newer people as the vets would talk to other vets and laugh amongst themselves while newer players would get ignored if we try to talk to them. This is why its hard for newer players to feel like its a community, the exclusiveness of the veteran community.

• Like 1

Honestly, the mumble rule is needed if pugs want to be more than just organized 6s pubs. Often, there are no calls, and just players playing their individual game, we'd see no communication nor teamwork. Neither is there any friendship forged between vets and newer people as the vets would talk to other vets and laugh amongst themselves while newer players would get ignored if we try to talk to them. This is why its hard for newer players to feel like its a community, the exclusiveness of the veteran community.

we actually had this rule, a year before, "no mumble no pug" it worked for a while, but I guess the inconsistency of people keeping it up and people actually bother being in mumble, (I don't understand why not because mumble is so easy to use) kinda killed the entire thing and it slowly died down. I also think the problem was also because if you are unlucky, you will always end up in a channel where the vets are raging at the new players for not doing it right, and blame the entire 30 mins on him.

people do bother giving calls, but people just don't bother being in mumble, and if they are in mumble, they are in their own channel.

Just would like to share my experience too like Pewtis here.

I don't exactly remember when did I played my very first pug (way long before AFA 3) but I still remember how I felt at that time. I knew how 6s worked roughly at that time so I wasn't completely clueless when I came into the server. Played medic, got raged/scolded at (because pop ubers at the wrong time, completely my fault) and never came back for a long time. Nevertheless, I was still very interested about 6s so I just spec-ed people playing pugs hours and hours on end. Got the courage to try after a while and the same thing happened again (got sniped too many times and dropped my ubers). I was so discouraged by the whole thing that I didn't even want to play pugs anymore. I know most people would just suck it up like a real man and improve themselves but I guess I have thin skin, hah. 

Fast forward to AFA3 that I joined last year, I met really awesome mentors like Fuzz, Spammah, Russkan, Destiny etc and people like Erio Because of them, I slowly warmed up to the idea of playing pugs again. Took me a long time before I finally decided to type !join recently. People seems to be nicer even though I still sucked very badly. Played a couple of pugs (I stick to low level pugs because still apprehensive about getting raged at by veterans) and had a great time playing, especially with friends (and dragging them down, sorry).

My 2 cents :3

I love you deep deep. stay in here <3

• Like 1