This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
Jopperstaluf

weapon whitlelist

On your own time, run a short cup maybe spanning two days and 4 to 6 teams with whatever unlocks and rules you want. Assuming you plan well and don't screw up the logistics (like preparing your own whitelists to pass nata to upload at least three days in advance), get some casters to do a stream even if isn't professionally done (amateur can be charming), everyone shows up and has a good time then I am sure you can make a real case for unlocks. Even if it doesn't change the main league rules you can bet your event will be a mainstay like Mercs or ultiduo, after all the whitelist will be there already.

It takes effort to put your proverbial money where your mouth is.

• Like 3

Also my opinion not the official stand of admin team blah blah. It's just what I would do if I were really curious about unlocks being in the game- actually do it to see how Asia adapts instead of theorycrafting.

• Like 2

On your own time, run a short cup maybe spanning two days and 4 to 6 teams with whatever unlocks and rules you want. Assuming you plan well and don't screw up the logistics (like preparing your own whitelists to pass nata to upload at least three days in advance), get some casters to do a stream even if isn't professionally done (amateur can be charming), everyone shows up and has a good time then I am sure you can make a real case for unlocks. Even if it doesn't change the main league rules you can bet your event will be a mainstay like Mercs or ultiduo, after all the whitelist will be there already.

It takes effort to put your proverbial money where your mouth is.

Also my opinion not the official stand of admin team blah blah. It's just what I would do if I were really curious about unlocks being in the game- actually do it to see how Asia adapts instead of theorycrafting.

Well, that's the reason why i said use UGC's whitelist as a benchmark because so far i don't hear much complains from the Asian UGC 6's league and everyone in there is still ok and having fun unless I've been misinformed and you guys have been just playing with Asia Fortress's configs and whitelist.

Why would we want to get casters (even amateurs) for a small tournament and to test things out? If your aim is to promote Asian scene. We should be promoting our main leagues or maybe an all-star match not some test some small test league.

Im actually pretty open to the idea of sidegrade weapons but there has to be proper reasoning and support on why each wep should be allowed on a case by case basis.

This is why you're the best! :]

• Like 1

execution is being discussed. Any suggestions from community? We don't want to unban everything at once, at most two at a time. We want time to chat about how the community is reacting to it and heavy use to determine whether the unbanned weapons are suitable. possibly a poll in the future.

• Like 2

execution is being discussed. Any suggestions from community? We don't want to unban everything at once, at most two at a time. We want time to chat about how the community is reacting to it and heavy use to determine whether the unbanned weapons are suitable. possibly a poll in the future.

I suggest, first of all, anything out of the ESEA/UGC whitelist being out of bounds for discussion for the time being, including (grudgingly) the Quick Fix. Reason being such unlocks are either complete nonsense (Pomson, Gunslinger, Sandman, etc.) or highly controversial (Quick Fix, Battalion's Backup).

Weapons I would suggest included in the "introduction stages" AKA "not full retard":

Force-a-Nature, Winger

Black Box, Market Gardener

Backburner, Flare Gun

Ambassador

These weapons are either weaker than their stock/unlock counterparts but can shine in certain situations, or are reasonably well-balanced and can make for interesting plays with the right skill set.

• Like 1

What I feel would be the best would be the Winger, Blackbox, Market Gardener, and Ambassador as stated above. Honestly, the quickfix would make the pug situation worse if an uneducated medic walks in with the quickfix and as the quickfix really needs good coordination between the pocket and medic which is practically non existent in pugs as being in mumble is not enforced nowadays. This would lead to a lot of pugs being just bad due to the inability of medics to use it as it requires some mechanics as well which the average pug medic does not have, leading to bad pugs and the team may just ragequit and go offclassing or whatnot. The axtinguisher and flaregun in my personal opinion shouldn't be unbanned, honestly a pyro's job is just to airblast the combo back, with more unlocks, excessive offclassing to pyro could very well be encouraged. The rest are all sidegrades, like the ambassador which has reduced general damage but rewards skillful usage, similar with the market gardener. This is all just my opinion though :). The winger would defo be fun haha all the possible jumps.

(Would love strange weapon kills to be recorded too :))

• Like 1

to consistently be able to mg people takes a lot of practice, doesn't really seem that overpowered cause scouts can deny the jump, and its useless otherwise, reduced damage and no increased movement speed.

• Like 2

to consistently be able to mg people takes a lot of practice, doesn't really seem that overpowered cause scouts can deny the jump, and its useless otherwise, reduced damage and no increased movement speed.

All the MG has as an extra boost is the 100% morale decrease on hit xD

• Like 1

but how to deny double rj off wall?

• Like 1

Any love for weapons that are really useful and add a unique mechanic that is not too ridiculous or too "game changing". Maybe: Winger (jump height maybe a bit weird), Ambassador, Degreaser, Flare Gun, etc. etc.) 

Any love for weapons that are really useful and add a unique mechanic that is not too ridiculous or too "game changing". Maybe: Winger (jump height maybe a bit weird), Ambassador, Degreaser, Flare Gun, etc. etc.) 

We've recently added the Winger. We want to measure the impact of these new weapons before adding even more.

(Overdose, BlackBox & Winger is now allowed)