This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
iridescentFUZZ

AsiaFortress PuG server whitelist approval thread

As you may know, the AsiaFortress servers numbered 1-3 currently have a player whitelist in place. What this means is anyone who wants to play on those servers needs to join the AsiaFortress Pickup group. Joining is only possible via invite.

The procedure to apply for an invite to servers 1-3 is as follows:

1. Make sure your Steam community profile is set to public, with 25+ friends and has a minimum of 250 hours played of TF2.
  2. Go to the AsiaFortress Pickup group and join the group chat directly via the link. AFChat.jpg
  3. Once you're in the group chat, politely ask for an invite while stating your most common alias/name if you aren't currently using it. An admin will check your profile for the above criteria. Also mention the name(s) of any player(s) who may have introduced you to AsiaFortress PuGs.
  4. If the admin/mod approves your account, they will invite you to the AsiaFortress Pickup Steam group.
  5. Accept the group invite, and your ID will be added to the whitelist when the server's map changes.

DO NOT :

Add or spam friend invites at the admins or mods.

Spam the group chat with requests

Leave the group chat after asking for an invite - until your invite has been sent (check your steam community) IMPORTANT!

Change your name after asking for an invite

NOTE: If you're already in the group or have been invited, and cannot join a server even after a number of hours or map changes, please post in this thread so we have an idea of who is facing this issue.

Click here to view the article

Click here to view the article

• Like 2

It's to

With the problem of an increasing number of alt accounts entering the community to circumvent bans or simply screw around, a server whitelist is proposed to be set in place.

one or two servers with a player whitelist so you can go in and be assured of even some level of coherent play without anonymous alternate accounts

Not all the servers are whitelisted so we can still have newcomers.

seriously?

you guys should really enforce the mumble rule. maybe have two servers at least to have the mandatory mumble rule not 3. I don't understand why or what makes the new players not want to get on mumble and stuff but seriously quality of these pugs will never improve until you guys start enforcing the mumble rule. This also can get rid of these alt problems and actually teach newer players stuff and etc.

eh hello,

u want to whitelist pple then do halfway ah?

not every member in the Asiafort Pickup grp is allowed for servers #1-3.

and i've got pple everyday asking me for invites to the grp when i myself as a grp mod cant even get into #1-3.

at least first allow everyone in the grp access la then u implement the whitelist.

and asking for invites is ok, but i've got pple asking me 3 times cos the invite didnt get thru.

are u limiting the invites to certain admins/mods?

• If the admin/mod approves your account, they will invite you to the AsiaFortress Pickup Steam group.
  • Accept the group invite, and your ID will be added to the whitelist when the server's map changes.

• Like 2

eh hello,

u want to whitelist pple then do halfway ah?

not every member in the Asiafort Pickup grp is allowed for servers #1-3.

and i've got pple everyday asking me for invites to the grp when i myself as a grp mod cant even get into #1-3.

at least first allow everyone in the grp access la then u implement the whitelist.

and asking for invites is ok, but i've got pple asking me 3 times cos the invite didnt get thru.

are u limiting the invites to certain admins/mods?

• If the admin/mod approves your account, they will invite you to the AsiaFortress Pickup Steam group.
  • Accept the group invite, and your ID will be added to the whitelist when the server's map changes.

I can't answer for why some people are unable to join despite being in the group as we're looking into that currently. However, people are not supposed to add admins or mods and ask for invites. They're supposed to come into the group chat and ask for permission so they can be screened by whichever admin is around.

I can join server #2 but not server #1 or #3. I'm already in the group and cannot access it even when I don't use an alias.

when did you last try joining?

any issues with anything should come with a time/date of which it happened because the problem may have been resolved since and we don't want to spend unnecessary effort digging for non-existent problems.

as with any proper problem reporting, the steps in correct sequence that were taken to reproduce the symptoms (that are usually the only thing reported) along with correct time should be included. this helps us from second guessing the cause of the problems.

in a worrying trend, nobody reports server crashes here in a proper fashion. i have spent countless hours myself in trying to reproduce these crashes second guessing what happened. perhaps we need a centralized reporting thread for this (get to it fuzzbeard!) for make better service and progress for our great comrades!

• Like 1