This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
cuteboyyy

Skill Level of Local Players + Some Sharing

SO MANY WORDS! reading is hard stuff man..

honestly, being nice and helpful in pugs is really really tiring.. been there tried it, been nice and helpful for 3 days or smth then slowly all your buttons just get pushed and back to square one..

so i think its hard to ask of everyone to be nice all the time, people will have their good or bad days.. catch someone on their bad mood and shit happens yknow, its life..

@puzz, u always wanna fight only... pfft skinniboi :P

rawrr

cuteman nice guy. asked me and the rest of the team in pug to come ffs mumble so that he can give advice and comm together. :D

8/11/2013 Question 12: "How far, in your society, should unpopular views be open to discussion?" go

If they remain undiscussed, unpopular views will always remain unpopular and nothing will change for the better. Negative feedback would show the many reasons as to why that view is unpopular or disliked by them, whether for personal reasons or etc. Positive feedback would show why the view is okay to them and their own reasons for that. From there, we can create a positive change in the unpopular views so that most of both parties will be okay with the view.

tl;dr what the hell did i say

to whoever has been treated shittily when they were noobs and then became pro or whatever now,

if you've been treated like shit and felt bad about it, you could probably understand the plight of the guys who you're bullying right? why would you want to put them through that if its now in your hands to decide how these new guys are treated? cause that's pretty stupid and not great for the community.

i was always awesome. people jsut don't know it yet.

• Like 2

I don't care if you're right or wrong or purple with spots or a camel (like spammah), say this (even as a joke) and I understand people wanting to ban you. Iri is one of the best assets people arguing could change could possibly hope for, and banning those who post like this would be doing his cause a favour.

There's a right and a wrong way to make an argument and a cause, and coming from about as close to an external observer as you are likely to get, the way you post is not the way to make it. Websites such as Teamliquid have a really good level of discussion with the community feeling safe to post unpopular/"dangerous" opinions because of the standards they demand of posters.

logical arguments dont work in asiafortress. sad to say the justice system here is as fair as fuzz's skin tone. this is coming from someone who used to be one of the strongest supporters of this community. but alas ive learnt the hard way that there is no such thing as fair in afl.

• Like 2

The funny thng is that when you re nice to people you get taken advantage of as misfit constantly reminds me. I can think of so many times it's happened from personal experience and real life that there are different ways to get desired behaviour from people

i agree with that totally. if you're being taken advantage of you should just stop helping them rather than being a bitch to them imo. but i can think of many instance sof people trying to help being taken advantage of. wow i really should get tf2 now.

all hail the king

• Like 1

but

You gained 13 points.

PUNDEH ALERT (Score:5) defeats ∞.kol (Score:0) in duel to 5 on endif

:D

i still love u king <3

• Like 1

5 mins into our pug, we're 2-0 down because med afks at rollout,

THEN:

♫RadioActive♫ : im going to a payload server bye

Player ♫RadioActive♫ left the game (Disconnect by user.)

AF -- ♫RadioActive♫ DISCONNECTED

And you still think we can tolerate shitters like this? Happened today fyi

• Like 2

Unknown to most, Fuzz is my personal mentor. He picked me out of a pug 3 months after I started to play Tf2 and gave me a chance in the competitive scene. I sincerely credit a portion of my amazing rise to fame from Div 3 to the REAL Div 1 in the space of a year. Likewise as my mentor and one of the founding players of the Allstars, his nurturing spirit groomed me to lead the Allstars to the amazing levels that we reached. ( Tharnos credits his personal development to me too) (as does summer)

What. I think you're overstating things a bit.

5 mins into our pug, we're 2-0 down because med afks at rollout,

THEN:

♫RadioActive♫ : im going to a payload server bye

Player ♫RadioActive♫ left the game (Disconnect by user.)

AF -- ♫RadioActive♫ DISCONNECTED

And you still think we can tolerate shitters like this? Happened today fyi

No one's saying people like that should be helped or even tolerated. Ban and move on. If, however, he/she makes a ban appeal and genuinely undestands his/her error and attempts to make amends in future games, I see no reason why he/she should be shunned.

Good evening guys,

My apologies for breaking the tempo here.

I am sorry for my recent hiatus. It has not been an easy life for me there. Barely surviving, and exams is coming in 2 weeks time. Aclockworkgrape has recently contacted me out in the maelstrom, and I have decided to pay this forum a visit again.

To lighten up the mood a little, lets have a little taste of what I have to do :(, so that you can laugh at my misery

IMG_0269_1.jpg

IMG_0271_1.jpg

IMG_0273_2.jpg

IMG_0275_1.jpg

On a more serious note, I do miss you guys all. I am hoping that my skill does not deteriorate that much, though I think it will, by a lot.

I have skimmed through the posts. Well, I do believe the level of commitment plays as well. So the right question to ask oneself would be: "Why would you like to play the game for?"

PS: Also, to my old members: My mentor Eques is currently in one of the best team in Singapore for World of Tanks. Congratulate him ;p

• Like 5

I generalize, but...

Moral of the story: Act reasonably if you want people to take you seriously.

You can be the nicest person now, but people will never forget that you were the nastiest person a year ago.

You can make valid points now, but some people are not going to be objective enough to separate the speech from the speaker.

This explains why people who have long been deterred from our community took the effort to resurface and post replies based on previous alleged injustices they have suffered and/or previous alleged hypocrisies they have observed.

True, you cannot please everyone.

However, you can only blame yourself for projecting such an image without restraint.

The online persona speaks volumes of one's true, lurking, inner demons.

In cyberspace, you can act like a douchebag without serious consequences.

Nobody changes. Nobody is "nice". Nobody is "mean".

Everybody acts according to their motivations.

It makes you wonder, why do people who act mean start to act nice?

What is his/her motivation?

Is this motivation for the betterment of the bigger picture? If you can see that there is an actual, positive effort, then how can you still brush this aside because of a grudge and allow yourself to be biased?

On the other hand...

If you can't see an actual, positive effort, fuck em.

If you are not sure, fuck em.

Do understand that reasonable does not equate to being nice in the face of insult or motherly or one breast hanging out of a loosely draped satin wrap inviting everyone to suckle on that baby pink supple nipple engorged with sweet warm frothy milk.

Mary-Cassatt-breastfeeding-painting.jpg

If you want to be taken seriously, act reasonably.

If you don't give two fucks about what people think, feel free to be a jackass.

As for readers, try to be objective.

Focus less on the authors and more on the discourse.

Gathered at this table is a host of murderers debating the sanctity of peace and non-violence.

Try your very best to ignore that.

saturn-eating-children-large+francisco+de+goya.jpg

We live in dark times.

ps. I am aware that "reasonableness" is largely dependant on perspective and thus it is very hard to establish a common ground. I am also unwilling to debate this here because the previous forum thread that garnered 100+ replies has taken its toll on my physical and mental well-being. I have taken to playing on anonymous accounts as therapy. Do take a look at Goya's paintings.

Smurf2.gif

• Like 5

And : remind me not to play in the server without whitelist lol

(Voice) And: MEDIC!

(TEAM) christmasbär. #VorzAMP Pure : GO RIGHT up

(Voice) christmasbär. #VorzAMP Pure: MEDIC!

(Voice) freyja: MEDIC!

*DEAD*(TEAM) And : omg it's like treating a baby

(Voice) c001k1d: MEDIC!

Player not. has joined the game

(Voice) christmasbär. #VorzAMP Pure: MEDIC!

Player wacky has joined the game

christmasbär. #VorzAMP Pure : nice uber

(TEAM) c001k1d : he followed me in

asiafortress.com -- PUGB leads PUGR 2:0 with 24:13 minutes remaining

(TEAM) c001k1d : to resupply

(TEAM) c001k1d : lol

(TEAM) k. : lol. i did ask who wanted to be med

Player Fanzone has joined the game

christmasbär. #VorzAMP Pure : (TEAM) k. : lol. i did ask who wanted to be med

(TEAM) c001k1d : do you even know whats a pug?

(ALL) And: it's call "rolling"

*DEAD* christmasbär. #VorzAMP Pure : 5-0 is also called rolling

c001k1d : LOL

p. : wow

Player Heal has joined the game

p. : the tf2 scene is getting worst after 2 years of not playing

(ALL) And: i thought pug is a dog or sth

asiafortress.com -- PUGB leads PUGR 3:0 with 22:58 minutes remaining

p. : even admin isnt being helpful

christmasbär. #VorzAMP Pure : admins cant spoonfeed everything that moves

c001k1d : wait

c001k1d : since whenm were admins helpful

p. : haha

(Voice) sL.Suzy: Thanks!

*DEAD*(TEAM) freyja : eh

p. : i dont know how admins were selected but in my days they actually meant something. to help the community grow

*DEAD* christmasbär. #VorzAMP Pure : i dont get it, so admins teach them how to roll?

*DEAD* christmasbär. #VorzAMP Pure : or how to play medic?

(Voice) And: Thanks!

*DEAD* christmasbär. #VorzAMP Pure : shouldnt they find out stuff like these before joining a pug

sL.Suzy : can everyone stop typing?

c001k1d : yeah

c001k1d : how do they get the password

c001k1d : without finding out all that stuff

sq : its on the afl website i think

p. : let me tell you

*DEAD* christmasbär. #VorzAMP Pure : wow ok, tell us

p. : i invited my friend here telling him "its really fun even though i havent played for 2 years"

(ALL) And: idk, maybe i helped the hk scene grow by 2 teams lol?

c001k1d : hes your friend?

c001k1d : then isnt he your responsibility as well

c001k1d : wtf

p. : yes. we've got 2000 hours of tf2 in combined hours

c001k1d : oh wow

*DEAD*(TEAM) sL.Suzy : they dopped

p. : we are eligble

c001k1d : 2000?

*DEAD* christmasbär. #VorzAMP Pure : so why didnt u tell your friend all the rules to playing.. you could have just as easily invited him to dustbowl or something

(TEAM) sL.Suzy : dropped

sq : cyra has 3k

c001k1d : 2000 hours

c001k1d : are you fucking kidding me

p. : thats why hes admin and we arent

c001k1d : thats like

c001k1d : almost 100 days

sq : guys chill and bring this to the forums

(ALL) iridescentFUZZ-asiafortress.com: What sq said

And : so as an admin i should raise your friend till div 1 lol?