This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
cuteboyyy

Skill Level of Local Players + Some Sharing

"Pug, imo, should really start off by making it a habit for all players to be in the mumble channel and that is what is meant for. Communication"

A month ago, nata stealth in and said "Would you like some curry?"

A week ago, Destiny came in to play pub with us. His words don't matter. he has abs, thats all WE can remember.

A few days ago, Toshi came into our channel and whispered, "Sabai Sabai" sexily.

Yesterday Hedwig and Teejay ninja-ed in and Teejay said Hi! with a giggle (tj always giggle, hedwig new member<-hello!)

Everyday gene's comms are ORDLOORDLOORDLORDLORDLOYEAIMTHEBESTORDLO.

Goibon Uden Lo comms are ze best. :ph34r:

• Like 5

mumble keeps the pug atmosphere lighter. the human voice will always be infinitely more influential than just cold hard text for it carries emotions beyond words.

• Like 4

"Pug, imo, should really start off by making it a habit for all players to be in the mumble channel and that is what is meant for. Communication"

A month ago, nata stealth in and said "Would you like some curry?"

A week ago, Destiny came in to play pub with us. His words don't matter. he has abs, thats all WE can remember.

A few days ago, Toshi came into our channel and whispered, "Sabai Sabai" sexily.

Yesterday Hedwig and Teejay ninja-ed in and Teejay said Hi! with a giggle (tj always giggle, hedwig new member<-hello!)

Everyday gene's comms are ORDLOORDLOORDLORDLORDLOYEAIMTHEBESTORDLO.

Goibon Uden Lo comms are ze best. :ph34r:

every time i stealth in u spot me D:

All I read in this (and other posts authored by these "veterans") "asdasfasfg i used to be nub jnjsandjan now call me veteran pro liao siao thanks asduiasndjsan"

Try getting past the third paragraph in the future?

• Like 4

Agree with most of what cuteman said. Most players now lack initiative to do anything at all whether it be just finding scrims, or even being there on time, let alone contributing back to the community. I spend so much time looking for games when everyone else says "cannot find leh" and then i manage to get one, so i don't think they actually try.

If the pug servers can be full everyday, how is that we have a lack of teams or even serious mixes? If you honestly want to improve, put in the effort, if not our standard and our community will remain stagnant as it is.

P.S: I'M BOOKING OUT AT 1500 WTB SCRIM TONIGHT 10PM

Didn't need to got the gist of it before that

Pretty sure a summary wasn't located anywhere near the beginning of the post, so that was quite a feat getting the gist of an 11 paragraph post even before the introduction was complete.

Such comprehension skills should be recognized and applauded, definitely.

• Like 2

Didn't need to got the gist of it before that

if you read on you will see that he is just trying to help the community out. Definitely not boasting about himself.

It seems you have a negative impression about some of the people in this community, heretotroll, I wonder why?

Or should I say, I wonder why ch3rry?

Pretty sure a summary wasn't located anywhere near the beginning of the post, so that was quite a feat getting the gist of an 11 paragraph post even before the introduction was complete.

Such comprehension skills should be recognized and applauded, definitely.

Yep, it helps you when you're taking your SATs. Damn CR sections suck.

if you read on you will see that he is just trying to help the community out. Definitely not boasting about himself.

It seems you have a negative impression about some of the people in this community, heretotroll, I wonder why?

Or should I say, I wonder why ch3rry?

I don't actually, I don't even know who the OP is...

Woah you called my by my actual alias'. NOW WHAT?

Yep, it helps you when you're taking your SATs. Damn CR sections suck.

I don't actually, I don't even know who the OP is...

Woah you called my by my actual alias'. NOW WHAT?

Now we can know why an old veteran like you would have such a negative impression on the community?

• Like 2

momma cherri says it best:

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : their sniping so zai

c001k1d : the insom guy

c001k1d : but he so arrogant

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : where got lol

MOMMA CHERRI'S : hes saying it as it is

c001k1d : that match

MOMMA CHERRI'S : you guys play like retards

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : hmm yea

c001k1d : he ask why summer play so bad

MOMMA CHERRI'S : lets just say

MOMMA CHERRI'S : aside from pugs

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : he was 230 ping but he still did 10k dmg gotta give it to him

MOMMA CHERRI'S : we would never play along side players like protato

(TEAM) MOMMA CHERRI'S : .ss

MOMMA CHERRI'S : give them any ping and they would still rape u guys

MOMMA CHERRI'S : its not a ping issue

c001k1d : yeeah

MOMMA CHERRI'S : its a brain issue

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : who was that guy anyway

MOMMA CHERRI'S : unknown players

MOMMA CHERRI'S : probably intermediate

MOMMA CHERRI'S : most of you guys wont even make open

c001k1d : well

c001k1d : i havent improved

c001k1d : ever lol

MOMMA CHERRI'S : you guys simply dont improve

MOMMA CHERRI'S : and do you know why?

c001k1d : nope

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : suspense

MOMMA CHERRI'S : go read up the forums

c001k1d : well i sorta just play for fun

c001k1d : i read cutemans

c001k1d : thingy

c001k1d : its quite true

c001k1d : soon

c001k1d : 2 weeks

c001k1d : ill be free

c001k1d : maybe ill get a mentor

MOMMA CHERRI'S : dont tell me

MOMMA CHERRI'S : go do it

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : man, wish i could improve haha

c001k1d : u did what

MOMMA CHERRI'S : and what are you doing to get there?

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : no time to commit tho

MOMMA CHERRI'S : is it that hard

MOMMA CHERRI'S : to record a demo

MOMMA CHERRI'S : submit

MOMMA CHERRI'S : ask for review?

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : can the demo be from stv

MOMMA CHERRI'S : or ask for a mentor to sit in mumble with you while you pug

MOMMA CHERRI'S : and watch you

MOMMA CHERRI'S : POV demos

MOMMA CHERRI'S : stv demos dont capture everything

c001k1d : but i wanna improve my dm first

c001k1d : before my game sense

MOMMA CHERRI'S : you havent even read any guides

MOMMA CHERRI'S : your basics are not even there

MOMMA CHERRI'S : i bet your tf2 is not even setup properly

c001k1d : probably not

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : i wish i at least improved from the time i got rated

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : aha

MOMMA CHERRI'S : PROBABLY?

MOMMA CHERRI'S : then its NOT

MOMMA CHERRI'S : go and READ

MOMMA CHERRI'S : EVERY

MOMMA CHERRI'S : GUIDE

MOMMA CHERRI'S : in the FORUMS

MOMMA CHERRI'S : cuz i see the ratings

MOMMA CHERRI'S : i see all the locals getting destroyed

c001k1d : well to think ive been playing tf2 for quite a while

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : what really sets us apart from other countries, i mean

c001k1d : i would at least get a grasp

c001k1d : but i dont have any

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : yea, why do the players here play the way they do

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : aw silence

MOMMA CHERRI'S : why dont you ask in the forums

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : hmm i will

MOMMA CHERRI'S : they will provide better answers

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : for discussion again

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : xD

MOMMA CHERRI'S : i cant have the answer to everything

MOMMA CHERRI'S : discussions are good

MOMMA CHERRI'S : get these new players

MOMMA CHERRI'S : to discuss

MOMMA CHERRI'S : and interact

c001k1d : well to me

c001k1d : i dont wanna go to the forums

c001k1d : cause most of the people there hate me

c001k1d : not sure why

MOMMA CHERRI'S : then find out why

MOMMA CHERRI'S : you gonna let them hate you forever?

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : i realise that af forum always lead away from the topic and instead turns to ad hominem fights

MOMMA CHERRI'S : just cuz they see something in you that they dont liek?

c001k1d : im not even sure

c001k1d : i guess

c001k1d : ill go

MOMMA CHERRI'S : thats the problem with the current generation of kids

MOMMA CHERRI'S : we have to spoonfeed you everything

MOMMA CHERRI'S : when we first started out in tf2

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : protato

MOMMA CHERRI'S : we had to learn everything

MOMMA CHERRI'S : ourselves

MOMMA CHERRI'S : rocket jumps

MOMMA CHERRI'S : sticky jumps

MOMMA CHERRI'S : now you have all these tutorials

MOMMA CHERRI'S : videos

MOMMA CHERRI'S : its fucking spoonfeeding

MOMMA CHERRI'S : and yet there are players that cant aim properly

MOMMA CHERRI'S : move properly

MOMMA CHERRI'S : have 75 fov

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : were there people like these in the old pugs

MOMMA CHERRI'S : a lot less

MOMMA CHERRI'S : they were a minority

MOMMA CHERRI'S : now they are a majority

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : i remembered the very first pug

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : i went to

c001k1d : i dont

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : got invited by saki, went in, and before the game even started, got shitraged

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : hahaha

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : he told me, go in, i'll guide u, and then he dc-ed and im left in the unknown

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : that was back when i didnt even know af existed

MOMMA CHERRI'S : imma post this in the forums

MOMMA CHERRI'S : this chat log

MOMMA CHERRI'S : to get the discussion going

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : haha

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : haha

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : yea man

MOMMA CHERRI'S : continue there

MOMMA CHERRI'S : i dont hate anyone or anything

MOMMA CHERRI'S : but its fucking infuriating

MOMMA CHERRI'S : and fustrating

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : i feel u

MOMMA CHERRI'S : to play with some of these players

MOMMA CHERRI'S : you ask yourself, why are they here

MOMMA CHERRI'S : how did they end up here

MOMMA CHERRI'S : who brought them here

MOMMA CHERRI'S : 3 months later

MOMMA CHERRI'S : the same players

MOMMA CHERRI'S : same things

MOMMA CHERRI'S : same mistakes

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : i apologise for the games i made u infuriated

MOMMA CHERRI'S : some still playing with 75fov

MOMMA CHERRI'S : 100 sens

c001k1d : natas describing my gameplay

c001k1d : :(

c001k1d : instead of 3 months its 2 year

MOMMA CHERRI'S : well then do something about it

MOMMA CHERRI'S : we are all responsible for our own selves

MOMMA CHERRI'S : k im off, discuss in forums

Teddybär. #FreeMyInternet : peace

c001k1d : k bye

• Like 3

I have to agree to what natapon mentioned. Thats what i exactly wanted to say as well and he covered everything. Conclusion : If you dont make the effort and the old players are trying to help, get your set up right , COMMS in mumble during pug, take initiatives , ask and not give the fuck up attitude and tell us that you don't have mumble , you don't have mic and after some time when we already correct your mistakes and you do the same thing, i think you deserve to get shit raged in pug because nobody ever not improved if they really put in their best. Now we have start to try, get you guys into mumble, we have to TELL you to come every single pug and you guys are TOO LAZY and have to be guided to come in, i really cant be motivated to help. We cant feel your seriousness and the need to improve. On a side note, if you just feel that "OH ITS A GAME I GOT BETTER THINGS OUTSIDE, THIS IS SUCH A WASTE OF TIME, I WOULD NEVER IMPROVE BECAUSE ITS JUST ME , THAT'S THAT, i am just going to play and have fun, who cares about basic , i am just going to go in and play and shoot, who cares about what other old players say about me". Just leave. Dont ever come back. You are the black sheep in the community.

• Like 1

Let me start now.

Existing local teams (any divisions) add and pm natapon (MOMMA CHERRI'S) , me (Ataraxia) or teejay for scrims.

**I know its daunting for teams that are learning, but dont worry, do it. I have done it before its hard i know, but you gotta try**

If you feel that you got into a team and your teammates arent trying and that their attitude and mentality isnt there, talk to them , understand whats the problem and if you really feel that they actually don't give a shit , just play for the sake of playing and you want to go further, you know what to do. Take it step by step.

Now we can know why an old veteran like you would have such a negative impression on the community?

Insensitivity to newer players.

Redundant topics like this stealing the spotlight from more useful and applicable guides that have already been posted.

HUGE suck ups.

• Like 1

Insensitivity to newer players.

Redundant topics like this stealing the spotlight from more useful and applicable guides that have already been posted.

HUGE suck ups.

Insensitivity to new players:

For sure definitely there has been so many cases of new players getting flamed or scolded just because their new. But hey that's how the author of this topic even rose up in the beginning right? Even I have been flamed and bitched about before but right now I'm at least a legitimate div 2 player. Everyone has to learn to suck it up and learn from the basics. If we did it, why can't they? Just because we can doesn't mean we should be all kind to them should we? If they had read the guides and all, I really doubt new players will get flamed upon, not all the time it is about DM but mostly regarding common sense and game etiquette (e.g voting map before map is over)

Redundant topics:

Look for yourself. It's in the "General Discussion" is it not? And you say that it steals the spotlight of other useful topics. Aren't those useful topics in the "Guide and Mentoring" section? How then is this topic stealing the spotlight? Isn't a "General Discussion" section supposed to be a section for people to freely voice their thoughts?

HUGE suck ups:

I have no idea what you mean so I'll leave this as that.

he thinks people post these type of posts because they're trying to suck up to admins and look good to the community.

That's one point. I think what he means is that too many people mindlessly agree with the views of the admins/higher level players without thinking things through for themselves.

Don't worry this doesn't extend to you shounic :-)

• Like 1

Insensitivity to new players:

For sure definitely there has been so many cases of new players getting flamed or scolded just because their new. But hey that's how the author of this topic even rose up in the beginning right? Even I have been flamed and bitched about before but right now I'm at least a legitimate div 2 player. Everyone has to learn to suck it up and learn from the basics. If we did it, why can't they? Just because we can doesn't mean we should be all kind to them should we? If they had read the guides and all, I really doubt new players will get flamed upon, not all the time it is about DM but mostly regarding common sense and game etiquette (e.g voting map before map is over)

Redundant topics:

Look for yourself. It's in the "General Discussion" is it not? And you say that it steals the spotlight of other useful topics. Aren't those useful topics in the "Guide and Mentoring" section? How then is this topic stealing the spotlight? Isn't a "General Discussion" section supposed to be a section for people to freely voice their thoughts?

HUGE suck ups:

I have no idea what you mean so I'll leave this as that.

Guess I agree with most of what you say.

I had a lot of chat logs that basically showed what I meant by newbies sucking up to older players. I'll post it when I'm back home, though I probably will forget by then.

he thinks people post these type of posts because they're trying to suck up to admins and look good to the community.

Kind of what I was trying to get at but not exactly.

That's one point. I think what he means is that too many people mindlessly agree with the views of the admins/higher level players without thinking things through for themselves.

Don't worry this doesn't extend to you shounic :-)

Also guess that's true, but doesn't encompass what I'm trying to point out fully.

So what I mean by sucking up is how they jump ship when a veteran takes a side.

I'll bookmark this thread so hopefully I remember to show you'll some chatlogs that are pretty funny if you can appreciate what I'm trying to point out.

Also my wrist hurts waving the white flag so hard so I'll stop typing now. Damn that post took long.

Insensitivity to new players: For sure definitely there has been so many cases of new players getting flamed or scolded just because their new. But hey that's how the author of this topic even rose up in the beginning right? Even I have been flamed and bitched about before but right now I'm at least a legitimate div 2 player. Everyone has to learn to suck it up and learn from the basics. If we did it, why can't they? Just because we can doesn't mean we should be all kind to them should we? If they had read the guides and all, I really doubt new players will get flamed upon, not all the time it is about DM but mostly regarding common sense and game etiquette (e.g voting map before map is over) Redundant topics: Look for yourself. It's in the "General Discussion" is it not? And you say that it steals the spotlight of other useful topics. Aren't those useful topics in the "Guide and Mentoring" section? How then is this topic stealing the spotlight? Isn't a "General Discussion" section supposed to be a section for people to freely voice their thoughts? HUGE suck ups: I have no idea what you mean so I'll leave this as that.

IMO i dont think that just because you had to experience getting scolded and insulted doesnt mean you have to do it to the newcomers. Treat others the way you want to be treated, unless you are saying that it is alright for others to 'flame' you too for every single mistake you make. By flaming newcomers you are essentially killing the AFL ''community'' and the future puggers to come. If a the boss of a company scolded a new employee for every mistake he made, would anyone even want to join the company, with the bad rep that it already had? No, if this applies for real life situations, it also applies for this.

Also read nata's post for some of the sucking up I whine about.

Not referring to any admin in particular, but many people have been banned for not agreeing with the admins.

IMO i dont think that just because you had to experience getting scolded and insulted doesnt mean you have to do it to the newcomers. Treat others the way you want to be treated, unless you are saying that it is alright for others to 'flame' you too for every single mistake you make. By flaming newcomers you are essentially killing the AFL ''community'' and the future puggers to come. If a the boss of a company scolded a new employee for every mistake he made, would anyone even want to join the company, with the bad rep that it already had? No, if this applies for real life situations, it also applies for this.

Look at this from another perspective. If you continuously make mistakes, do you expect your parents to continuously forgive you and act like nothing went wrong. Usually it would be a warning followed by a scolding am I right?

Where does the warning apply? The admins almost always give out warnings to fellow puggers before executing their kungfu kicks. They also explain what these perpetrators of the rules have done wrong.

Secondly, you might argue that these people might be new blah blah and hence should not be scolded / flamed etc. look for yourself at this very website. It covers every single thing that a new player needs to know to avoid getting shit uponed. If you do get flamed, with all these guides to pugs and stuff, your loss and your own fault.

P.S these "flames" and "shit uponed" I'm taking about purely refers to flaming due to reasons outside of in game skills and such. I am too against people scolding others for their bad gameplay. But then again, how do these people even get here o.O