This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
viser

regarding MGE and PUGs

hi guys,

I feel that the ranks in asiafortress pugs and mge are absolutely retarded as they are meant to be training servers not "get points so you're pro" servers. training servers are meant to develop the potential of mid-good players and make them better players. However, with the point system in MGE and PUGs, players will resort to cheap and unfair tactics (eg MGE counterjumping, chipshots) and will disregard the fact that the server is to train and will just focus on getting points. Hopefully points will be removed from the system.

thanks

• Like 1

the points thing might also give them the mentality that more points = better dm, which to a certain extent is true but most of the time applies to 1 v 1 cases. (lol 1 v 1 spire airshots hahaha) since mge is just 1 v 1 on certain parts of the map ( badlands spire, mid etc). So instead of actually training, they just want more points by winning through whatever means. sorry for the jumbled up points. tired as shit.

MGE killed my parents.

I don't see the issue with the PuG point system. It's not as accurate as anyone would like it to be in gauging skill, but that's irrelevant because you can't do stupid MGE-like things in PuGs and get free points. This comes from someone with below 1600 in the PuG system if I'm not mistaken.

I honestly want the AF mge server back, you could always disable the point system. AF is really the only SG server with consistent ping for me. HK MGE is always empty, KR has like 60 ping and JP has spiked to 130 ping....

The AF MGE server was actually useful because there would always be maps like spire and granary middle that would be free (Because it was always not full). So me and my friends would go there to play instead of quarreling with pubbers on Lowyat/OAG MGE servers why they should leave to let friends play. I do agree with viser that the point system isn't very useful for gauging skill in DM and can actually make people more upset than they should be if they lose to a player with lower points (OH SHIT, I LOST 13 POINTS).

The PUG point system isn't very accurate at judging skill either. I think most of the current puggers know who the veterans are and who is new. The only reason why someone would use it to see if a player is good or not is because they are new and don't know the veterans by their aliases.

am considering allowing offclassing in the pug servers now since i hardly pug anymore. the rule is enforced too inconsistently anyway. good luck.

am considering allowing offclassing in the pug servers now since i hardly pug anymore. the rule is enforced too inconsistently anyway. good luck.

PUG quality is going dowwwwwn

don't do this nata you can't just abandon us like that
  • Like 1

save me papa!

This is an interesting conversation. Here's my view.

There are plenty of players who contribute way more by abusing off-classing situations, sometimes performing better than others playing their "main" classes. Shall we make it a point to kick those who cant contribute as well? That's how I feel this is being dealt with.

"Oh you're playing sniper to mid?" *snaps 2 headshot kills, team carries on playing and wins the round.

*A few rounds later, maybe a headshot or 2 but no kills at mid. Admin Kicks~

Dafuq? Whats the difference if a demo rolls out to mid and gets 0 kills? Can we votekick him please?

TF2 is created with 9 classes, not 4. There are players who are capable of multiple classes, recognise them as an asset. A player should know their limits when it is time to off-class or not. Learn to play with or against off-classes. If you're not at that level, you should keep off-classing to the minimum. But EVERYONE should know how to play TF2, and how all 9 classes works. For whatever reason you don't, you're probably in the wrong server, and there are dozens of public servers for you to go to.

Please explain the point of stacking pugs and making the game so one-sided, playing all so seriously, taking the map 5-0 in 10mins? Who wants to watch the Finals of AFL that plays 2 maps of 5-0? One team raping the other, completing the series under 30minutes? Fucking boring please. If you enjoy such tragedies, I feel for you.

Yes, winning is everything you should yearn for in a game. Adding some flavor into winning makes it all the better. TF2 is getting boring for many because people with low skill level aren't improving, not seeking help, or just wants to remain there for unknown reasons. The "rest" of us just keeps dominating those we call "noobs", I personally don't feel fun winning so easily anymore.

Please go ahead and weed out all these people just because they aren't playing the game you want them to.

I apologise for my bluntness towards players who aren't at a competitive level, but pugs are made for people to experience the gameplay of classes in a "match" scenario, unlike public servers.

• Like 1