This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
blurr

Getting a new mouse

Hi guys, I'm getting a new mouse but I don't know which one I should get. I've narrowed down my preference to either the Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 (Yes, I found a place which sells it) or the Steel Series Kinzu V2 .

I'm one for mid-big mice that are heavy. I use a claw grip when I play and palm grip when I'm just surfing the net. Sensitivity is NOT an issue.

I would like to know which mouse I should buy but I'm still very open to suggestions on other mice (Good ones that fit the description, of course). My budget is $70 but if a mouse suggested is really THAT good, I can save up more.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I have started to consider the Steel Series Sensei and Kana.

Logitech G500s Laser Gaming Mouse

logitech_g500s_gaming_mouse_1-100041836-large.pngLOGITECHThe Logitech G500s Laser Gaming Mouse is incredibly comfortable.

The Logitech G500s Laser Gaming Mouse finished in a dead heat with the Roccat Kone XTD as our favorite mouse in this roundup. Its greatest strength is its sheer comfort: Built for right-handed users, it feels like a big jellybean sliced in half, and the palm grip feels as natural as a glove.

The Logitech G500s is more than just a big, oval puck, though. The tension on the left and right buttons is perfect, making clicking a light task for the fingers, yet minimizing accidental clicks. The surface is smooth, with textured sides where the thumb and pinkie rest, for a nice, satisfying grip. You can toggle the tilting wheel (a rarity among gaming mice, and a feature that accommodates two extra programmable buttons) to tick with each fraction of a turn (as most wheels do) or to rotate smoothly. Two buttons toward the upper left end of the mouse let you easily control up to five dpi sensitivity levels. logitech_g500s_interface2-100041805-large.pngJOEL DURHAM JR.You can control up to five dpi sensitivity levels easily.

The mouse is super-responsive, with an 8200-dpi maximum sensitivity and a 1000Hz polling rate. It comes with various weights, as many Logitech gaming mice do, so you can tweak the overall feel of the mouse right down to its mass.

The biggest downside of the G500s is that its three thumb buttons are clumped together in one rectangular area and are somewhat difficult to differentiate. To get the most out of the programmable buttons, you need to have a particularly sensitive thumb.

Pros

• Fantastic comfort and responsiveness
  • Side-tilting scroll wheel is intuitive for programming
  • Five-state dpi switching for any situation

Cons

• Buttons are too small and clumped together
  • Interface isn't as powerful or option-filled as those of the competition

Bottom line:

This is now one of our favorite gaming mice. It's comfortable to hold, deadly accurate, and supremely programmable.

Rating: 4.5 stars

Logitech G500s Laser Gaming Mouse

logitech_g500s_gaming_mouse_1-100041836-large.pngLOGITECHThe Logitech G500s Laser Gaming Mouse is incredibly comfortable.

The Logitech G500s Laser Gaming Mouse finished in a dead heat with the Roccat Kone XTD as our favorite mouse in this roundup. Its greatest strength is its sheer comfort: Built for right-handed users, it feels like a big jellybean sliced in half, and the palm grip feels as natural as a glove.

The Logitech G500s is more than just a big, oval puck, though. The tension on the left and right buttons is perfect, making clicking a light task for the fingers, yet minimizing accidental clicks. The surface is smooth, with textured sides where the thumb and pinkie rest, for a nice, satisfying grip. You can toggle the tilting wheel (a rarity among gaming mice, and a feature that accommodates two extra programmable buttons) to tick with each fraction of a turn (as most wheels do) or to rotate smoothly. Two buttons toward the upper left end of the mouse let you easily control up to five dpi sensitivity levels. logitech_g500s_interface2-100041805-large.pngJOEL DURHAM JR.You can control up to five dpi sensitivity levels easily.

The mouse is super-responsive, with an 8200-dpi maximum sensitivity and a 1000Hz polling rate. It comes with various weights, as many Logitech gaming mice do, so you can tweak the overall feel of the mouse right down to its mass.

The biggest downside of the G500s is that its three thumb buttons are clumped together in one rectangular area and are somewhat difficult to differentiate. To get the most out of the programmable buttons, you need to have a particularly sensitive thumb.

Pros

• Fantastic comfort and responsiveness
  • Side-tilting scroll wheel is intuitive for programming
  • Five-state dpi switching for any situation

Cons

• Buttons are too small and clumped together
  • Interface isn't as powerful or option-filled as those of the competition

Bottom line:

This is now one of our favorite gaming mice. It's comfortable to hold, deadly accurate, and supremely programmable.

Rating: 4.5 stars

Wow. I'll definitely consider this mouse. Only worry I have is that I've heard that laser mice have some issues with inconsistent, unwanted acceleration. But this mouse is still one to ponder over.

if you are going for mid-big mice kinzu may be a bit small for you

you may as well try sensei which is suitable for both grips, yet the price may be a biti out of your budget

you may as well try sensei which is suitable for both grips, yet the price may be a biti out of your budget

Before I posted this, I did consider the sensei, but the problem was that it is very expensive and seems quite vain, having an LCD screen at bottom and a 11,000+ DPI button. Another problem as mentioned above, laser mouse have a negative acceleration issue and optical mice have been proven to track better, but I will try and find more reviews on it. If it really is that good, I will save up for the raw edition. Thanks for the suggestion.

FNQfB6m.png never buy into marketing

Wow. Thanks nata! I've heard of Zowie a couple of times but mainly cause they sponsor SC2 teams, not FPS teams. Zowie FK seems like a nice option right now. I've seen reviews on it being a direct upgrade from the IE 3.0. Looks like I have more reason to get it now, besides the name of the model :>. Will be doing more research on it

i use kinzu v-1 cheap and good mouse

Like Halu said, it seems that the kinzu may be a bit small for my grip types...

The problem of most of the other mice is sensor inborn acceleration issue

only G400, DA, Microsoft WMO IMO IME, and razer abyssus.

I think G500 has the sensor at the front part of the mouse which may or may not cause u any issue but the sensor is not flawless.

I personally own a G400s and I should warn u that the cable is ultra thin and G400 is famous for having broken cable. In fact the reason why I own a G400s is because my previous G400's cable wire is broken and I luckily got a replacement of G400s as warranty. (Now they refuse to replace G400 with G400s anymore)

Have been using an IME 3.0 since forever and it's amazing if you enjoy low sens and palm grip. I've never been one to use small mice so idk

Have been using an IME 3.0 since forever and it's amazing if you enjoy low sens and palm grip. I've never been one to use small mice so idk

Recently, I went from 1.5 inch/360, to 7 inch/360 and my aim drastically improved :>

I'm actually inclined to lower my sensitivity more (For some reason), but I guess if it's not broken, don't fix it. But my mouse is really broken due to the accelerate issues since it's a laser mouse. But IME 3.0 is very big, and I use a low profile claw grip so I'm not sure if it fits me.