This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
Bob

so got bored. made a hud. wub wub O levels this year @_@

yea. kind of experimenting with huds. with/without borders, diff fonts, main menu.... all that shiiit. but kind of want to know what a comp player wants in a hud. Basically this is what i always wanted in a hud as shown below. Might not suit everybody so im making different variations of this damn hud e.g no borders and boxes.

XIJRbno.jpg

Here's the rest of the images:

http://aafiq287.imgur.com/

also, anyone knows how to edit the marked for death and bleeding stuff. I want to change it to words instead of an image. cool yo.

• Like 3

personally in comp all I wanan see is damage dealth, teammates health, my health and ammo with as little clutter as possible. bright neon colors if possible

• Like 2

Not sure if you can do it, but I've seen some huds add up damage dealt to a certain target so you can tell how much damage you dealt altogether on 1 target (e.g. Medic)

personally in comp all I wanan see is damage dealth, teammates health, my health and ammo with as little clutter as possible. bright neon colors if possible

cool. i'll remove the white lines since they're quite an eyesore

Wow, I might try this hud out the next time I play.

Just my thoughts on it , I really liked the yAhud because of the amount of customization options available. Maybe you could do something like that as well? :)

Wow, I might try this hud out the next time I play. Just my thoughts on it , I really liked the yAhud because of the amount of customization options available. Maybe you could do something like that as well? :)/>

I'll look into it

• Like 1

Have tried out this HUD. Its minimalistic but not that much. Provided some screenshots of some errors

mf3J1O6l.png

Main Menu : Font Errors. Some white dot idk what that is

:(. Awkward "Quit" (Maybe shift it to left too?)

xHgq80Ul.png

Class Selection : Not centered (OCD sorry) - its kinda like a little bit NOT IN THE CENTRE (y axis)... NOOOOO

5Glu3bQl.png

Font error again..and that weapon box is blocking my view

hX0ESYbl.png

Kill feed is pretty huge... blocks up loads when there are a lot of kills happening

Slo4T7gl.png

My OCD kicks in once again..plus weird keys on the engy menu (think u're fixing that atm tho).

2K49k0sl.png

As a main med, I'm more concerned for the buffs my team mate gets (invis demoman, he flew up). His health 260HP is barely visible -perhaps make the color change more visible, brighter with an opaque bg. Not really sure but I think its better if you place their names+hp above the Ubercharge. Payload capture point below is huge too. It can't be seen in the screenshot of this but when my demo does dmg, the dmg text appears twice, one just above my ubercharge meter and the other above him. What happens is that when he does a lot of dmg, the dmg texts start to appear all over my screen and it starts to look like an MMO (not good for comp, even worse for pub servers).

qLvrNgKl.png

Everything blocked my screen

:(

Sorry if I am being too critical in evaluating this HUD. Do not take any offense! Just trying to help :)

• Like 2

Feedback from teal

someone finally gave me loads feedback :'D My 50+ hours of making this didnt go to waste :"D

I guess i'll put a white bg behind the health for target id and change the base font colour to black (black on white when normal hp, blue on white when on)

I'll put a smaller font for killfeed

The font i use doesnt have proper glyphs or symbols so it appears as boxes. I'll find a substitute font that resembles the current one.

The quit button is there cause im puting a logo above the the play multiplayer button (in the futuuure)

The engineer menu is bugged out. the weird keys dont seem to go away. I'll need to work on a way to fix it.

I'll shrink down the item inspect panel

I'm working on a good win panel but its ugly so far :(

ohya my hud is not optimised for mvm cause I too lazy sorry haha (maybe next time)

I'll finish all of these by this week most probably

anyone interested in closecaptions?

yes please. consider making it more practical too, some closed captions include too much, and i think gmang uses color coding which i can never remember :(

yes please. consider making it more practical too, some closed captions include too much, and i think gmang uses color coding which i can never remember :(/>

okay. I try making now.

xLmpPZ0.jpgugbUnuR.jpg

boxes or shadows. Also made another modification where the healing target's id is above the uber meter like what teal suggested but i forgot to ss itMQ39pVs.jpg

• Like 1