Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
Morgan

For The Sake Of Sanity

For the Sake of Sanity  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Give Admins Back Their Powers

Who's fighting man, do you see anyone fighting here?

I don't see anyone angry.or mad.

Just having a polite, civilized discussion with no name calling, petty insults and other kinds of childish nonsense.

i... am... too... old.... for.... this....

glhf

• Like 7

last post from me..

its different with a demo and medic inside because when you have your medic inside he cant grind uber inside the forward spawn because it would make a shit ton of noise and everyone would know.. vs having a heavy inside he doesnt make any noise at all so there is a chance they may let him slip..

so why it does not make sense to put your demo and medic in there.. it will take them like a full minute to get their uber up unless they grind, so if they grind they will be stickied in there and forced to backspawn..

please tell me you can see there is a massive difference here..

• Like 1

Sure, that's valid if they insist on grinding Über 24/7. There's this crazy way to do it without Über though. As a matter of fact, mixup's Medic was dead when Enigma did the forward spawn play, so there's that. It's all pretty crazy, but I think the Americans don't rely on Über for everything as the be-all end-all.

(Spectator) ricolee #spaceoddity : u get people like fuzz to teach afa this is what u get

(Spectator) ricolee #spaceoddity : asian pugs

Everyone can officially blame me. That is all.

• Like 2

I hate to miss an opportunity to make fun of fuzz but; it was worse before AFA.

'Good job' is pushing it though, maybe 'okay job'. You did an okay job, fuzz. B)

• Like 1

I think without AFA the level of pugs now would be really really low... so I think blaming fuzz isn't right. if anything it was the last saving grace of azn pugs at least among the new generation of players.

as for forward spawn, I haven't exactly been following but... I guess putting a demo AND med arguably the two most impt classes in forward spawn (away from the team) would mean you don't get area lockdown via sticky traps and you don't get heals/buffs via medic. both ways it seems detrimental to team as a whole unless you're confident the med+demo can do more than what they're failing to do as of the time they're hiding in forward. which is simply not possible as some self proclaimed div 1 demo in pug yesterday was simply horrid. to a certain extent in game the end justifies the means - you can't exactly say x strat that achieved y outcome was bad because theoretically it would have been better to do z strat to achieve y+ ... ultimately it depends on the thought process of your team as a whole and the situation ingame itself. all I'm saying is when I look at it (putting a demo and med in forward) the cons seem to outweigh the pros especially if you don't know for sure what the demo can accomplish after 60s of silent stagnation in forward (Russ' affirmation that you cannot grind in forward which is valid) but if your demo/med is with the team you are able to lock down chokes and provide heals which seem to benefit the team more.

this makes me a conservative little fuck player therefore I never win so you pro players should consider the pros/cons yourself and stop arguing.

of course I'm just a blabbering ex-admin (on the topic of the thread). feel free to ignore me.

• Like 3

For reference I was the self proclaimed div 1 demo and I was absolutely awesome.

Holllaaaaaaa

I knew all this time you were just watching yourself again.

For reference I was the self proclaimed div 1 demo and I was absolutely awesome.

Holllaaaaaaa

which proves my point. he was horrid.

FUN FACT :

puzzled looks at himself in the mirror, puts up 2 thumbs up and says, "Can't touch this" and ends it with a wink whenever he gets a kill

• Like 5

after scrolling through 5 pages... i feel this great urge to ask... WHAT ON EARTH DOES IT MEAN BY ADMINS GETTING BACK THEIR POWERS?? like what will they be able to do that is different from what they can do now? 0.o

after scrolling through 5 pages... i feel this great urge to ask... WHAT ON EARTH DOES IT MEAN BY ADMINS GETTING BACK THEIR POWERS?? like what will they be able to do that is different from what they can do now? 0.o

It would probably mean admins being able to !kick !mute !ban !whatevaadminstuff

Anything that promotes a circlejerk mentality isn't going to work, be it votekick or whatever. Votekicking is also dumb from a group in a server because you have to track down like eight people and ask them their thoughts or some inane mindless shit nobody can be fucked doing. Let circlejerks survive and even if they have no power whatsoever they make forums and ingame unpleasant.

At least when it comes down to admin decisions you have some level of oversight. Ultimately, if you have a community that can't be trusted to self-regulate, at the very least keeping it to a few admins means it's easier to smack someone around the head when they perform dick moves. How you want to set the standards for the admins and hold people to them is going to determine how much the system sucks / doesn't suck / spammah camel / fuzz indian prog rock mystic guy.

edit. Also this discussion on situations where a group of x players did some stupid shit is easily resolved. Get a recording of the game and go see if the players were clearly being dicks. If they were, hit them with the rulebook until they bleed. If they were doing something stupid at the cost of the team without actively trying to be dicks, give them the benefit of the doubt this time and ride them hard the next time. Let the fact that people did or didn't complain affect the punishment or need of an admin to be involved. If neither of the above, let it go / and or direct and "suggest" as necessary.

No matter which one of the above you do, clearly explain why your admins came to the conclusion they did. Stand your ground and so on.

=

• Like 1

the votekick is good, it bring the peace and relax to admin that they don't have to get in server and kick the troller. But the problem is that votekick sometime is useless since a lot of people are lazy to do it or also they are friend. Will you do a votekick to ur friend ? .

I agree with the one give admin power back but before kicking some one, admin should ask the team and warn the offclasser. If team agree or the offclasser still troll then kick

I suggest to have both votekick and admin kicking power. That will be da best

Why need to do a 5 page of argument about this thing. How about go out and get a slut ? that will be better

• Like 1

We need a five page argument to push some senseless shit around in a show-trial (complete with 'votes' lmao democracy) because some of us get bored during our day jobs.

• Like 1

12:13 AM - you're my best friend: fuk u smb

12:13 AM - you're my best friend: u suk

12:13 AM - you're my best friend: power cut

12:14 AM - SMB: D:

12:14 AM - SMB: i got some ance

12:14 AM - SMB: so my parrent

12:14 AM - SMB: decide not to let me sleep late

12:15 AM - SMB: ):

12:15 AM - you're my best friend: ance

12:15 AM - you're my best friend: what fuck

12:15 AM - SMB: eh