Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
Morgan

For The Sake Of Sanity

For the Sake of Sanity  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Give Admins Back Their Powers

Vat happens is that players will votekick/voteban/vote map change and also explain y they choose to do so (for kick/ban eg: afk, dc, fainted). But a pug will die when there r insufficient votes due to afk players

The thread updates so quickly amahgawd. Good read when there is a jam on upp bukit timah

The thread updates so quickly amahgawd. Good read when there is a jam on upp bukit timah

I hope you're on the bus and not driving woman! Eyes on the road stay safe xoxo

Im sorry I misread that as driving a bus not a car. My apologies pls forgive me im highly embarrassed

• Like 4

HOW CAN I DRIVE A BUS HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHA shucks I just laughed. Marion your fault

I meant driving a car!!!! Hahahahahaha

• Like 1

Eh did u swap your spacebar for the enter key or something

Keep accidentally hitting Enter

as if this was a instant messenger conversation

bad habit when on phone

@caldoran

While you have asked us to consider that new players are not intentionally trolling but genuinely inexperienced, I must also ask you to consider that not all cases of offclassing is "outright trolling". There are many players who use pugs as experimental ground for new strats and we only do that when our team is already winning (hence it may look like the player is not taking the game or the enemy team seriously).

Do not derail this thread into an an offclass/trolling discussion. I did not misintepret your post- this is what I mean;

The ultimatum is this: if you don't say- people really won't know. Don't find me logs of 'outright trolling', find me logs of a 'veteran, popular' player (and I use your terms here) being told politely to play seriously and refusing to comply. I will make sure this player, even if its me, gets a nice ban. On a flip side, find me a log of an admin banning/kicking before any issued verbal warning to an errant player- and said admin will also be made to answer.

In case you were unaware, it is precisely because one admin made a bit of an emotional decision during a pug and acted before warning that all of us have had to answer for it: with our kicking/banning temporarily(?) removed. This is the second time such an 'admin punishment' has happened.

Don't blame the system or the people who put it in place because the people whom it was made for have no moral backbone. And most of all, lose the impression that we are power-hungry bullies. I would gladly be a normal player again if there was someone who would be both capable and willing to fulfill my duties, I assure you at least three more admins share my view here. We have our work and families to think about, I don't wake up thinking 'hmm, how can i be more of a online badass today?'.

Finally, this

Seems illogical to disallow kicking by the admin's own discretions but allowing banning.

is fully logical. All you need to realize in order for that to be logical is that we are pretty much people too. Nata cannot claim to be the best judge of a persons character, neither can the chosen admins claim that we will never snap on a bad day and misuse our powers. Hence, it is why we put systems in place to make sure nobody is above the law.

You still think the pug system is unfair to the average person?

• Like 5

This is a fun topic but let us be veryyyyy realistic.

1) Servers Need admins

2) Servers Need admins

3) Servers Need admins

First let us drop the idea of votekicking because we all (with the exception of caldyron) accept that votekicking is stupid and useless.

I think this whole argument seems to be revolving to the age old argument that popular players get preferential treatment. However what I can't seem to understand is how removing the powers of admins is going to fix this. Instead of ensuring punishments are enforced you're just making sure no one gets punished.

A simple case study,

There is corruption in Singapore ( Please no one take offence this is merely an example i apologize ISD )

Do we abolish the legal system and fire all the lawyers and policemen?

What did i hear you say? Did everyone just shout out no?

What conclusion did we come to?

Think

About

It

• Like 1

I understand that if one admin abuses his powers the consequence should be that his/her admin rights gets taken away. But why take away the rights from every admin, especially the ones who are responsible and making an effort to support the community? Having no admins in servers is like saying: "We have these sets of rules that we would like everyone to follow. But we are not going to have a dedicated group of people enforcing said rules. If no one follows the rules, so be it." Then what's the point?

We do not get rid of all the policemen.

We simply learn to pick them better.

• Like 5

I think after seeing the excellent example provided by caldytron i shall give a more in depth explanation of the situation. Hopefully after this you will be able to see the vast difference between our 2 good friends and the spacewhales.

Team A ( NOT MY TEAM )

Has just captured Mid.

Team B ( THIS IS MY TEAM )

IS falling back to 2nd. Medic and Demo luckilyyyyyyy get forward spawn at 2nd Point.

Team A Proceeds to push through choke. Scout on Team B ( THIS IS ME ) with balls of steel takes on the combo and a scout and OMG KILLS THEM ALL.

A short summary at this point in time is necessary

======================================

Team A ( NOT MY TEAM )

3 Players Alive 3 Players Dead. Total of 6 Players.

Team B ( THIS IS MY TEAM )

6 Players Alive 0 Players Dead. Total of 6 Players.

======================================

Team A smartly decides to fall back

Team B Medic and Demoman clueless to the world are still hiding in forward Spawn

5 Mins later and after the frantic rantings of Team B scout ( THATS ME ) Team B Medic and Demoman are still hiding in spawn.

Team B Scout tries to kick them and fails miserably.

I shall proceed to watch the video you sent me again just to make sure the 2 situations are not the same.

• Like 3

Okay, so are you claiming that players who offclass to mid are merely trying out new strats?

Is it up to the admins, then, who at their own discretion determine what is blatant trolling/griefing?

Two things.

First, the blatant trolls in question do NOT get warned whatsoever and can go on for rounds on end never ever joining a cookie cutter class.

Why?

"nobody's complaining"

Second, what is the point of trying out "new metagame strats" if it's a roll?

Win even faster = viable, not win 5-0 = not viable?

I'm not claiming ALL admins are power-hungry money-stealing bullies.

I'm saying giving them their powers back will greatly compound the double standards rampant on the topic of off-classing and "trolling".

P.S. Video link was in response to russkan's claim no "HALF-DECENT" team will fall for a forward spawn strat.

P.S.S.

There is crime in Singapore.

Policemen kill indiscriminately and are biased towards their friends and reputable members in the community.

Solution: Take away their power to kill by their own discretion, criminals can only be brought to justice by community votes and/or by the judgment of the Judge (head admins).

The policemen are not removed. They just have the ability to kill by their own discretion and standards removed.

I voted no on the poll because I don't agree with all previous admins getting back their powers in-game.

I do, however, agree that there needs to be in-game server administrators aside from the current forum administrators as there needs to be moderation in the game, else situations as mentioned in the posts before will kill the mood for 10~11 players.

Okay, so are you claiming that players who offclass to mid are merely trying out new strats?

Is it up to the admins, then, who at their own discretion determine what is blatant trolling/griefing?

Two things.

First, the blatant trolls in question do NOT get warned whatsoever and can go on for rounds on end never ever joining a cookie cutter class.

Why?

"nobody's complaining"

Second, what is the point of trying out "new metagame strats" if it's a roll?

Win even faster = viable, not win 5-0 = not viable?

I'm not claiming ALL admins are power-hungry money-stealing bullies.

I'm saying giving them their powers back will greatly compound the double standards rampant on the topic of off-classing and "trolling".

P.S. Video link was in response to russkan's claim no "HALF-DECENT" team will fall for a forward spawn strat.

Please refer to my well thought out Analogy. It is insightful and just slightly titillating

i would like your post joe but i ran out of likes. Please refer to the link in my previous post if you do not trust me as I am a evil power hungry admin

i would like your post joe but i ran out of likes. Please refer to the link in my previous post if you do not trust me as I am a evil power hungry admin

Lol you went to like your own posts.

Also "as I am a evil power hungry admin"?

There is crime in Singapore.

Policemen kill indiscriminately and are biased towards their friends and reputable members in the community.

Solution: Take away their power to kill by their own discretion, criminals can only be brought to justice by community votes and/or by the judgment of the Judge (head admins).

The policemen are not removed. They just have the ability to kill by their own discretion and standards removed.

I shall use actual players in this example to make things more realistic and heart wrenching.

Young pretty girl Misfit in the prime of her life is walking down Orchard Road.

TALL gangster thug Brandon/Yuko decides rob her.

Misfit refuses to release her PRADA handbag that her boyfriend Benny bought her.

Brandon/Yuko proceeds to repeatedly hit her over the head with a handy samurai sword he found next to his left foot.

Policeman walks pasts, shrugs at misfit and says

"sorry i would shoot him and save you but i am no longer allowed to kill at my own discretion. Let me gather 8 members of the community and we shall vote on if I can shoot him. If you are alive by the time I get back everything will be fine".

End of story

• Like 3

I shall use actual players in this example to make things more realistic and heart wrenching.

Young pretty girl Misfit in the prime of her life is walking down Orchard Road.

TALL gangster thug Brandon/Yuko decides rob her.

Misfit refuses to release her PRADA handbag that her boyfriend Benny bought her.

Brandon/Yuko proceeds to repeatedly hit her over the head with a handy samurai sword he found next to his left foot.

Policeman walks pasts, shrugs at misfit and says

"sorry i would shoot him and save you but i am no longer allowed to kill at my own discretion. Let me gather 8 members of the community and we shall vote on if I can shoot him. If you are alive by the time I get back everything will be fine".

End of storey

I have no words.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this