Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
Morgan

For The Sake Of Sanity

For the Sake of Sanity  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Give Admins Back Their Powers

Today I watched as my Medic and Demo hid inside forward spawn even though the opposing team was half wiped and their medic was down. They were waiting for the backstab that would never happen.

火 puzzled : !kick ice

[sM] You do not have access to this command.

what if

they made a mistake because they're inexperienced

instead of saying "i think we're going to intentionally be useless right now while appearing to want to try a forward spawn strat"

• Like 3

and if they were really trolling, you could still votekick them. The whole team would agree :/

• Like 3

what if i told you i told them they were being useless and they chose to continue.

Cyanblue: Votekick is flawed on so many levels

• Like 3

To keep this debate constructive I would suggest offer opinions on why you feel the admins dont need their powers back thanks

what if i told you i told them they were being useless and they chose to continue.

Cyanblue: Votekick is flawed on so many levels

+1

Votekick requires 8 or more (I think) people at least to kick someone. If the enemy team does not feel that your team's problem is of their concern, they simply won't type votekick. You would then require the specs to help, even then, you would need a decent amount of non-afk specs to perform a votekick, and what if a spec who has voted leaves? The vote is setback by a crucial vote. But, due to human nature, I think votekick needs that many votes because a group of friends could easily kick anyone if they felt like it.

This is more like a reason why admins need their power back I guess?

If there are no admins online/in the server and natapon is not online (because he has internship now and is tired/has no time), what happens?

because votekick, voteban, votemute and votegag achieve much of the same functions without being subject to the whims and fancies of the admins

as if votekicks weren't already subject to biasedness and favouritism of players

entirely off-hand and in reference to absolutely nobody in particular;

the forward spawn strat is an entirely valid one; they just did it at the wrong time because of their misjudgment

it's at the very least more valid than

say

running pyro to mid

or spy to mid

but I can't remember the last time particularly liked/respected/adored/worshipped players evidently trolling got kicked/banned or votekicked/votebanned for full time pyro/running pyro to mid

in reference to nobody in particular of course

yet less popular and whatever players seem to get the blunt end of the stick

because if you have nobody to back you up you cant troll seems to be the rule of thumb

"as long as nobody complains it's fine"

i don't think i'd want to complain about my friend or a particularly revered/respected/adored/worshipped/whatever person because of the potential repercussions of negative rep and whatnot

and allowing admins to kick/ban/mute/lynch at their whims and fancy kinda just a little bit compounds the problem

or makes it even clearer really

admins be useless to begin with

I'm an admin and I take offense. You have a history of being an admin that is far from illustrious and I think you should just lurk if you have nothing else to say.

Meanwhile take a good look at what the rest have built, over five years. For no personal gain.

• Like 5

i don't think i'd want to complain about my friend or a particularly revered/respected/adored/worshipped/whatever person because of the potential repercussions of negative rep and whatnot

I need you to re-read this statement and tell me what is wrong with it.

Just to be clear I'm not victimizing you, and I side with neither puzzled nor nata. I just feel the need to point some things out.

• Like 1

im sorry caldoran, but i dont think we are as childish as you to be constantly slapping/gagging people just for the lols..

nice of you to try to add some tact to your argument "in reference to nobody in particular of course"..

"the forward spawn strat is an entirely valid one"

I honestly fail to believe that this is true.. any HALF DECENT player would be looking at spawns at know if theres a chance of people being inside the spawn..

"yet less popular and whatever players seem to get the blunt end of the stick"

Really this is only remotely true because it is these "less popular" players who are new and tend to do ridiculous things like this..

• Like 1

Votekick is not bjected to biasness/favourtism. I think our players are intelligent enough to make the right decision in votekicking/votebanning someone from the svr. Our community isnt built around 5 yos.

There have been players with really bad game sense and despite repeated warnings, they'd still repeat the same mistake. Honestly this mindset does not help them to improve. We have seen players coming into servers to play as though its a public svr and what can we do then if they refuse to heed our guidance? Please take into mind that there are players who are giving their all in pug games only to let it all go to waste because of these ppl. So yes, in such a situtation, admins shld be allowed the authority to kick, only if they exercise their power appropriately.

The newer gen of ppl are really having it way too easy for them. Please, at least you guys were spared from verbal insults/not getting picked from +1/ridiculed/suffered 0 tolerance from players

• Like 8

Except I didn't do it during the actual match, most people were having fun/loosening up and I stopped after consulting nata on it.

Can you honestly say the more popular people do not actually get away with doing things like running Pyro/Spy to mid, knowing full well they're trolling, and getting zero repercussions by pure virtue of being popular/respected while the less popular/respected ones immediately get highlighted for kick/bans?

Shall I start recording some demos of when players start outright trolling and proceed to have nobody say anything because "it's fine because nobody complains"?

Oh, and give me a bit while I find for some ESEA Invite highlights of forward spawn strats. Won't be too long.

because votekick, voteban, votemute and votegag achieve much of the same functions without being subject to the whims and fancies of the admins

as if votekicks weren't already subject to biasedness and favouritism of players

entirely off-hand and in reference to absolutely nobody in particular;

the forward spawn strat is an entirely valid one; they just did it at the wrong time because of their misjudgment

it's at the very least more valid than

say

running pyro to mid

or spy to mid

but I can't remember the last time particularly liked/respected/adored/worshipped players evidently trolling got kicked/banned or votekicked/votebanned for full time pyro/running pyro to mid

in reference to nobody in particular of course

yet less popular and whatever players seem to get the blunt end of the stick

because if you have nobody to back you up you cant troll seems to be the rule of thumb

"as long as nobody complains it's fine"

and allowing admins to kick/ban/mute/lynch at their whims and fancy kinda just a little bit compounds the problem

or makes it even clearer really

I personally feel that the admins may prefer not to kick or ban the more experience or in your way of putting it, popular, players because they know that they can play properly and are likely to take constructive criticism better and actually following it. I am sure puzzled wanted to kick the demo and med because after repeated pleading for them to abandon the strat and they disobeyed him, an admin who wanted to tell them off for semi-trolling in a pug and not taking much needed advice. He could have banned them instead, but he gave them a chance, which is fair since they ignored repeated warnings.

I personally feel that the admins may prefer not to kick or ban the more experience or in your way of putting it, popular, players because they know that they can play properly and are likely to take constructive criticism better and actually following it. I am sure puzzled wanted to kick the demo and med because after repeated pleading for them to abandon the strat and they disobeyed him, an admin who wanted to tell them off for semi-trolling in a pug and not taking much needed advice. He could have banned them instead, but he gave them a chance, which is fair since they ignored repeated warnings.

Does that change the fact they're trolling/griefing? Are they not subject to the same rules because they and everyone knows damn well they could be performing better? Because that's what sounds like a double standard to me.

P.S. I don't think the current array of admins short of root ones like spammah and nata could ban. Seems illogical to disallow kicking by the admin's own discretions but allowing banning.

I need you to re-read this statement and tell me what is wrong with it. Just to be clear I'm not victimizing you, and I side with neither puzzled nor nata. I just feel the need to point some things out.

I'm not sure if you misinterpreted my post. I was illustrating how the votekick system is already clearly flawed and letting admins directly bypass that would add to the problem as I see it.

I'm an admin and I take offense. You have a history of being an admin that is far from illustrious and I think you should just lurk if you have nothing else to say.

Meanwhile take a good look at what the rest have built, over five years. For no personal gain.

if it helps I meant ingame admins. sure you bunch of asiafortress admins have done awesomely lots since forever. cheers. :) :) :) :) :)

it's because they thought it was rhetorical

Well then, let me clarify. It was not rhetorical and I would really appreciate an answer.

P.S.

24:48

I think Spacewhales are like

pretty decent team

I think

I mean it wasn't Invite finals

but it was LAN

so that counts

right

Sign in to follow this