Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
CFB

OGM Ultimate Duo Rumble.

Good Afternoon Gamers,

fAF3Xpr.png

(Poster Done by OGM Forever)

Edit 10: Registration closes on the 11th May 2013. And Based on my estimates, I will most probably be running a 16 man tournament without group stages. So the 17th team and above that registers before 11 May 2013 will be placed on the waiting list.

OGM is proud to be hosting the OGM Ultimate Duo Rumble held on the 18 -19 May 2013.

Game Format: KOTH 2v2. 5 mins. Depending on the participants that joined, I will release the tournament structure. Best of 3,5 or 7 per match, depending on the stage you are in. It is guaranteed that the top 16 will play in a double elimination format in the best of 5 until the semi finals match. Semi Finals till the Grand Finals match will be Best of 7.

Edit 4: Just as a clarification. When I mean 5 mins, I mean that the first team needs to cap the point for 5 mins wins the match. (Edit: Tournament Format has been released) This is to make sure that everyone that signs up for the competition will not be refused entry.

Class allowed per team: 1 Medic, 1 Soldier.

Restrictions: Please look at the Rules and Regulations

Map:koth_ultiduo_r_b7.

Edit 6: I have decided to release the tournament format, as I realized that non disclosure will introduce confusion to the community. However, it is a bit long and my apologies for that. Any queries is welcome, and I am flexible to change the schedule if needed be.

Tournament Format (Note that this is not finalized until I give the proper tournament structure which will be a week before the actual tournament date. There will be some major changes):

• If there is less than 8 teams, the tournament will be postponed to a later date until at least 16 teams joined.

• If there is exactly 8 teams that joined the tournament: Single elimination Format of 8 teams will be used. The event will be dropped from 2 days to one day instead. All matches except Grand Finals will be a BO5. Grand Finals will be a BO7.

• If 8-16 teams registered, Group stages of 16 teams will be used. After which 8 teams will advance into single elimination format. All group matches will be a BO3. All matches above group stages except Grand Finals will be a BO5. Grand Finals will be a BO7.

• If there are 16 teams, double elimination format, BO 5 for each match. Semi Finals till the Grand Finals will be a BO 7. There will be no winner bracket's advantage.

• If there are 16-32 teams, which is the ideal scenario, there will be group stages of 32 teams, followed by double elimination of 16 teams.

• If there are >32 teams but <100 teams, there will be a preliminaries match conducted before the actual tournament date. Top 32 teams will be seeded into the group stages. After which 16 teams will be picked for the RO16 match in the double elimination format.

• If there is more than 100 teams, Swiss system format (Will be decided by server capability of OneAsiaGamer and Asiafortress) will be used, and 7 matches of BO5 will be played. Top 16 will be seeded into the double elimination format. If we do have the time, Top 32 will be seeded in group stages followed by double elimination format of 16 players.

Schedule of tournament

This is done with the assumption that OGM utilizes 8 admins and 16-32 teams are expected.

1. For Day One

• Using this binary beast as reference, there will be from group A to H.

• Teams A-D check in at 1230 hrs to confirm their attendance for the group stages. From then, 2 admins will be handing each group. Each match in the group stage will be a BO3. The event will start at 1300 hrs The admins are expected to complete the stages 3 hours later. An hour leeway will be given to them. This event is expected to end at 1600 hrs, with 1700 hrs at the latest (1hr per round, with 3 rounds in total)

• For Group E-H, they will check in at 2000 hrs for their matches to be conducted. Similarly, their event is expected to end at 2300 hrs with 0000 hrs at the latest.

• Top 2 teams in each group will advance to the RO16 double elimination format

http://binarybeast.com/xDOTA21304183#groups This is our reference group stages (Bludota OGM Dota 2 Open division)

2. For Day Two

• The top 16 teams will check in at 1230 hrs, with the event starting at 1300 hrs.

• Schedule of the Day 2 tournament:

• Note that LBRx means loser bracket round x, x is an integer from 1-6.

o 1300 to 1400: RO16

o 1400 to 1500: RO8 with LBR1

o 1500 to 1600: LBR2

o 1600 to 1700: LBR3 with RO4 (Winner Brackets Semi Finals)

o 1700 to 1800: LBR4

o 1800 to 1900: RO2 (Winner Brackets Finals) + LBR5

o 1900 to 2000: LBR6 (2nd/3rd Place Play off)

o 2000 to 2100: Grand Finals

Reference for the Brackets: http://binarybeast.com/xDOTA21304183#brackets

Prize Pool: SGD $20 to the winner of the Rumble. SGD $10 to the first runner up of the Rumble. Metal collected towards the tournament will be split among the winner team and the runner up in a 2:1 ratio.

Registration Fee: One refined metal, payable to OGM Eques.

Registration Thread: http://onlygamingmat...x=0#post8060867

To check for further Announcements: https://www.facebook...matters?fref=ts

I did attach a rules and regulations file in this thread. Please download and read the word document as it contains information that you, as a member of the community participating in the tourney, should know.

OGM CrimsonFirebird, Newnar, Eques, Heepzteer, Nameless, Forever and various other OGM members hopes that this Rumble will allow the members of the tf2 community to interact with each other, to strengthen the integrity of the community and to showcase skills and sportsmanship within gamers themselves.

Fun games (Other than our standard Ultiduo) will be alongside our Rumble. Look Forward to it.

OGM: Centralizing E-sports, Connecting Gamers, Empowering Spectators

PS: OGM is inviting Guest Casters to cast our match. Applications are to be sent to onlygamingmatters@gmail.com. Thank you.

Edit: I have forgotten to add. It is an online tourney. Our dreamhack like event is still within its planning stage and will not be organized in the near future.

Edit 2: I have decided to put in further money till SGD $30. This decision is screwing up with my pocket money as 1. I am not as rich as most of you think. I am from a lower middle class family and we are living by the skin of our teeth. 2. Most of my money is funded towards getting a good double major degree in maths and physics in my university, and physics, being my forte, is where I would want to really excel in. This is just my little way of contributing back to the community for them being there during my dire times of need. (If you guys don't get the hint, oh well)

Edit 3: I will be imposing a 1 refined metal entrance fee to the competition. It pains me to generate a barrier to entry as I know that some people still have not the ability to make one refined metal but all of this is going towards the prize pool in the end, and not into my pocket. I sincerely hope that you do not hate me on this, but if you are really a bit short on making a refined metal, come talk to me and we can make a concession. Also, I do accept any metal donations to this rumble. Your contributions will be greatly appreciated and will be reflected under our list of sponsors.

Edit 5: There are some edits to the Rules and Regulations as well. The latest one is in http://onlygamingmat...x=0#post8060870

Blacklist for Soldier

• Primary Weapons: Only Rocket Launcher is allowed. (Direct Hit is subjected to a vote in the poll)

• Secondary Weapons: Only Gunboats and Shotgun are allowed

• Melee Weapon: Only Shovel, Equalizer, Escape Plan and Disciplinary action are allowed

Blacklist for Medic

• Primary Weapon: Only Crossbow or Syringe Gun or Blutslauger are allowed

• Secondary Weapon: Only Medigun allowed. (An poll will be held to determine the viability of Quick Fix and Kritzkrieg as an allowed weapon. Vaccinator is strictly not allowed)

• Melee weapon: Only Bonesaw, Ubersaw are allowed.

Edit 7:

As a few of you have realized, I have not place a registration date. I am awaiting for further review of various things before I finalize the event (as in the Tourament Format) itself. However, the closing date will not be placed just a few days before the event starts, as it will allow OGM to fine tune its operational capacity and to release a tournament schedule that requires little tweaking on the day itself. To be safe, do note to sign up as soon as possible, as it will guarantee you a place. If you want an estimate of the latest good closing date, it will be by 11 May 2013. Confirmation E-mail will be sent to various teams by then.

Edit 9: Also, there is an test server that has been set up kindly by the admins of OneAsiaGamer. Do note that this server still suffers from whitelist bugs and Soldier whitelist weapons are not accurate.

Server Details are as follows: 116.251.223.173:30001

Password: oagmatch

Do note that only 1 soldier and 1 medic is allowed per team. Any spectator that joins the team that has already one medic and one soldier could not pick a class to play.

Edit 8: I would like to extend my thanks to Fuzz who has kindly donated metal to the prize pool. Your name will be added to the list of sponsors :D

OGM Ultimate Duo Rumble Rules and Regulations.docx

• Like 2

Servers is kindly sponsored by Natapon, head of asiafortress. I would like to thank OneAsiaGamer for providing their servers too. It will be used if there is a lot of teams that are willing to participate.

Just as a clarification. When I mean 5 mins, I mean that the first team needs to cap the point for 5 mins wins the match. Also, I will be looking at the amount of participants that joins before I decide on the tournament format. This is to make sure that everyone that signs up for the competition will not be refused entry.

Thank you. (And screw me for the lack of clarity in post)

Also, get your friends to join in the fun, even though they or you are not participating. This is a chance for the whole tf2 community to get together.

But we do encourage all to participate in the tourney.

Watch this thread for more updates. And hope to see the registration streaming in soon. And thanks joe for the well wishes. You could participate in the tourney. No harm done (other than your pride :D)

is the $10 champions prize a typo?

No. It is not a typo. The money is right out of my pocket, as there are no prize sponsors for this tournament. I may be adding more prizes depending on my capability. Though I think this is close to the max I could do without bankrupting myself.

Edit: To make it sounds nicer

With apologies,

Crimsonfirebird

OGM

• Like 2

I have been discussing this idea with a good friend of mine (Not inside OGM) and he suggests this idea too.

Now for the reply:

First: I do not want to raise a barrier of entry to the players, especially the younger ones. I want to include everyone in this tournament, and I want this rumble to be a catalyst for the whole tf2 community to be together

Second: I do not want this game to be too competitive, in such the way that competitors will fight with their teeth and claws, to promote elitism, selfishness and any other negative emotions related to the reason why I don't put a registration fee.

Third: I want to contribute a little to the TF2 community, for without this community, I would have fall into severe depression during my NS days. Just to give a little something back to them. It is my wish to see this TF2 community, (be it pub or pug) grow, no matter how small it is.

With Regards,

CrimsonFirebird

OGM

Set an entry fee of 1-2 refined per team. That should give a decent prize pool.

Okay, I will consider that Fuzz.

$10 cannot even buy 1 pack of cigarettes.. :o/>

I know Tharnos. I will see what I could do to increase the prize pool.

CrimsonFirebird

OGM

Update guys:

Edit 2: I have decided to put in further money till SGD $30. This decision is screwing up with my pocket money as 1. I am not as rich as most of you think. I am from a lower middle class family and we are living by the skin of our teeth. 2. Most of my money is funded towards getting a good double major degree in maths and physics in my university, and physics, being my forte, is where I would want to really excel in. This is just my little way of contributing back to the community for them being there during my dire times of need.

Edit 3: I will be imposing a 1 refined metal entrance fee to the competition. It pains me to generate a barrier to entry as I know that a lot of people still have not the ability to make one refined metal but all of this is going towards the prize pool in the end, and not into my pocket. I sincerely hope that you do not hate me on this, but if you are really a bit short on making a refined metal, come talk to me and we can make a concession. Also, I do accept any metal donations to this rumble. Your contributions will be greatly appreciated and will be reflected under our list of sponsors.

I think in-game items would be a better prize cfb. That way you don't have to sacrifice your money, and prizes would be worth more.

Btw 1 refined metal is nothing, mercs cup required 2 or 3 ref metals but if you feel it's too much maybe you can lower it to 2 reclaimed?

Update guys:

Edit 2: I have decided to put in further money till SGD $30. This decision is screwing up with my pocket money as 1. I am not as rich as most of you think. I am from a lower middle class family and we are living by the skin of our teeth. 2. Most of my money is funded towards getting a good double major degree in maths and physics in my university, and physics, being my forte, is where I would want to really excel in. This is just my little way of contributing back to the community for them being there during my dire times of need.

Edit 3: I will be imposing a 1 refined metal entrance fee to the competition. It pains me to generate a barrier to entry as I know that a lot of people still have not the ability to make one refined metal but all of this is going towards the prize pool in the end, and not into my pocket. I sincerely hope that you do not hate me on this, but if you are really a bit short on making a refined metal, come talk to me and we can make a concession. Also, I do accept any metal donations to this rumble. Your contributions will be greatly appreciated and will be reflected under our list of sponsors.

u should sacrifice more. middle income is richer than most alrdy.

Update guys:

If you see me online just hit me up, I'd donate all my hats to you.

1. If you cannot afford it, then don't. It's great that you are so self-sacrificing but do not spend more than you can, especially on e-gaming.

2. Like the others have suggested, in-game prizes will be much more reasonable seeing as it's an online tournament and not a physical one. You can consider cash prizes for your LAN tourney, but for an online tourney really, in-game prizes are enough.

3. An imposition of 1 refined to enter the tournament is sufficient, seeing that it's a 2/3 person team. Don't think too much about it.

4. You can start accepting donations too, and remember to give credit where due. This is important for a startup like you guys as you might not have the exposure/funds needed.

If you need any help at all regarding manpower/funds whatever, feel free to add me on steam at /trollojoe.

Good going CFB, please take care to pace yourself and not burn yourself out like all the other admins here.

Hope you can help keep this community alive.

1.) and 2.) Thanks guys for the support. I will not fall back on my word for the funds that I put in, since I have announce it though. Like Joe said, I am only prepared to sacrifice that amount, but that amount only, as there are more important things than e-gaming that I would like to pursue. I still have no idea on what in game prize should I give though, I am thinking of making a some sort of trophy, but it is an idea.

3.) Shounic and Joe, I think that one refined metal is fine for both of you, and perhaps I am thinking a bit too much. It is just that i have considered the possibility of an average player joining the tournament without much metal in his inventory at my time of thought. Thanks Teddy for your kind consideration.

4) Yeah, I am receptive to donations. But for now I will accept metal donations for this tournament as the decision lies with the rest of my mates in this aspect though. And yup I will give due credit.

And thanks Madman. Your statement kinda reminds us of the time when we scramble to fix issues pertaining to our first SCII LAN tournament. It was not funny, we kinda burnt ourselves (financially, emotionally) trying to pull this tournament off. Took us a revision on our morals and our motto in OGM to get back on track. And we are glad that we pulled it off in the end.

CrimsonFirebird

OGM

How TF2 works is that when it comes to Thursday/Friday they start finding weapons and stuff to craft. Most players nowadays if they are in the competitive scene, they most probably have the one refined to participate in the competition. It's great you're thinking of the less privileged, but even in the recent Asiafortress Cup each team was able to fork out 4 refined, including the new teams.

Addendum: You should have $15, $10 and $5. The rest of the metal either 1. keep for future events, or 2. split to other teams. Do not give the winning team both cash and metal - that's overdoing a simple event like this.

Russkan:

Is that that much of a game breaker? Cause from what I could see it introduce another dimension of gameplay.

Needed your opinion on this.