welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
akisaur

Lights Flickering on and off, sending client info stuck

Hi. i started playing tf2 again just recently and a problem occurred :(

1st. (when i pick and connect to a server) i get stuck at sending client info but i can cancel it.

2nd. i cancel and recon now i can enter the server...but my server connection time out and drops me off.

3rd. its either back to 1st or i can fully play in the server with a few lag

Also, when i enter the server the walls (sometimes floors too) keep flickering bright light. I figured it might be the update on my graphics card but i dont really know.

Hope anyone of you can help me thanks!

Are you playing on DX8 and using an Nvidia graphics card, because I heard there's a bug with updating the drivers that will cause textures to flicker on DX8.

It is indeed a bug with Nvidia graphics drivers, it effects dx 9 mainly not 8 though if I'm not mistaken.

The fix is simply to revert to a older driver, specifically 306.97 is one of the compatible drivers without the flickering objects mate.

This is of course only valid if you are using an nvidia graphics card. If you updated the driver and this problem is only recent though head to the device manager, right click the graphics display device and head to properties, from there you should find a rollback option, works just as well.