welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
joe

ATTENTION

TO READ THE UNCENSORED VERSION:

With the influx of new players in the local PUG scene it's not surprising that they have absolutely no idea what to do because the people that referred them to Asiafortress might not have shown them the relevant guides. Thus, these new players just think that the PUG servers are like your average PUB servers. And this is getting annoying. I'm not talking about gamesense or whatever but more of common sense which is not exactly common but it's kinda supposed to be there.

1. Do not pre-empt vote.

Lol please I don't even know what the fuck you are thinking/doing when the game is ongoing and with 10 minutes left into the game you vote for the next map? This isn't a fucking pub where you vote for the next map when the round hasn't even ended yet. The 12 players playing want to finish their fucking game before the map changes because they waited for their fucking turn to play and if you take that away from them you are a fucking piece of shit that deserves to be fucking banned.

2. Please know who the veterans are and that they exist and that not everyone in the server is new.

This point isn't to ask for respect, but to actually not embarass yourself. I was sitting in spec one fine day and I was looking at biotics trying to kill brandon and he only did so after a soldier helped him (teejay I remember). Then came this guy in spec who told brandon, aliasing as "respect;", that equiping the paintrain will result in him dying in 2 meatshots because of the 10% bullet vunerability. And I lol-ed like so fucking hard.

I'm not asking you to stalk them, but just know that they have been playing the game longer than you and they actually know how the game mechanics work. Of course you might not be able to recognize all the veterans and their various names and stuff like that but lol please just stop trying so hard. It's good that you know the basics, really! And it's good that you like to share some knowledge, but who you share it to and how you share it really says a lot. Don't make yourself sound like a fucking arrogant asshole especially when you're new.

Also please don't go "poor joe ;(" especially when I don't know you. Makes me want to rip you fucking little cheebai apart.

3. Don't leave the server halfway.

This includes during rolling, after rolling, during the game. If you want to leave while people are still joining using !join that's fine by all means, but leaving during rolling makes you a fucking cunt because it breaks the mod and if there's no admin in the server you have to votemap all over again and honestly that SUCKS.

Leaving when you didn't roll and you're forced to play medic just means you're a fucking retard. Whining and complaining about being the medic because you didn't roll (or you got trolled by some binds) makes you look like an idiot. But leaving because you are the medic captain just proves how fucking stupid you are because you think "medic is tough" or "I don't want to play medic". If you suck at medic you can improve. But if you won't even want to med because "I'm bad at it" and because of being bad you leave, why not just quit TF2? Heck even Summer plays medic occasionally in PUGs (no offence benny just using you as an example). He doesn't quit so YOU HAVE NO REASON TO. It's ok to request for a switch after picking but don't pick someone in spec and force them to medic because that's just R-U-D-E. Please don't pick me to medic just because you "heard that I'm a pro medic and therefore I should med" lol no.

Leaving halfway in the game without requesting for a sub is just stupid lol I mean why the fuck would you leave halfway. Timing out is one thing and that can't be helped. Crashing is another thing and can't be helped. But pressing 'escape' and the 'disconnect' button? That's a choice that you make and the consequences can only be held by YOU. The admins are just carrying out their duties by banning to make sure no stupid idiots populate the server by trolling around. If you decide to be a stupid retard and we happen to catch you, suck it up and learn from that. What's the point of banning you if you just come back and repeat?

LEARN FROM WHAT YOU DID WRONG. If you are banned, there's always a reason. LOOK AT THE REASON AND REFLECT.

4. Asking the same questions over and over again.

Don't ask for the server info two times in different threads, each one day apart. I already replied once. I don't want to reply again, especially not when you didn't see it one time already. If you didn't see my initial reply, why should I bother replying a second time.

Don't "like" my post detailing all the server info and the next day you ask "what are the server IPs?" Then why the fuck did you like my post goddamnit?

I know, as a representative of this community i have to be courteous and nice and patient but really? I'm not expected to spoonfeed anyone, and neither is anyone especially the admins expected to spoonfeed you. I'll gladly assist anyone if they have troubles in game, but the few stated above are so fucking simple why do you have a problem with that? If your IQ isn't that high ok tell me and I'll understand and I'll stop being such a fucking cunt to you and learn that you have some difficulties and accomodate to your means. But majority of you actually know how to play the game and enter 'aflmatch' into the password box so I highly doubt there's any problem in you grapsing some simple concepts.

If you have absolutely any queries please ask them nicely. Any personal questions go to my inbox at fuckyoucheebai@kanina.com. Thanks!

With the influx of new players in the local PUG scene it's not surprising that they have absolutely no idea what to do because the people that referred them to Asiafortress might not have shown them the relevant guides. Thus, these new players just think that the PUG servers are like your average PUB servers. And this is getting annoying. I'm not talking about gamesense or whatever but more of common sense which is not exactly common but it's kinda supposed to be there.

1. Do not pre-empt vote.

Lol please I don't even know what you are thinking/doing when the game is ongoing and with 10 minutes left into the game you vote for the next map? This isn't a lame pub where you vote for the next map when the round hasn't even ended yet. The 12 players playing want to finish their game before the map changes because they waited for their turn to play and if you take that away from them you are a piece of shit that deserves to be banned.

2. Please know who the veterans are and that they exist and that not everyone in the server is new.

This point isn't to ask for respect, but to actually not embarass yourself. I was sitting in spec one fine day and I was looking at biotics trying to kill brandon and he only did so after a soldier helped him (teejay I remember). Then came this guy in spec who told brandon, aliasing as "respect;", that equiping the paintrain will result in him dying in 2 meatshots because of the 10% bullet vunerability. And I lol-ed like so hard.

I'm not asking you to stalk them, but just know that they have been playing the game longer than you and they actually know how the game mechanics work. Of course you might not be able to recognize all the veterans and their various names and stuff like that but lol please just stop trying so hard. It's good that you know the basics, really! And it's good that you like to share some knowledge, but who you share it to and how you share it really says a lot. Don't make yourself sound arrogant especially when you're new.

Also please don't go "poor joe ;(" especially when I don't know you. Makes me want to rip you apart.

3. Don't leave the server halfway.

This includes during rolling, after rolling, during the game. If you want to leave while people are still joining using !join that's fine by all means, but leaving during rolling makes you a mean little dick because it breaks the mod and if there's no admin in the server you have to votemap all over again and honestly that SUCKS.

Leaving when you didn't roll and you're forced to play medic just means you're a retard. Whining and complaining about being the medic because you didn't roll (or you got trolled by some binds) makes you look like an idiot. But leaving because you are the medic captain just proves howstupid you are because you think "medic is tough" or "I don't want to play medic". If you suck at medic you can improve. But if you won't even want to med because "I'm bad at it" and because of being bad you leave, why not just quit TF2? Heck even Summer plays medic occasionally in PUGs (no offence benny just using you as an example). He doesn't quit so YOU HAVE NO REASON TO. It's ok to request for a switch after picking but don't pick someone in spec and force them to medic because that's just R-U-D-E. Please don't pick me to medic just because you "heard that I'm a pro medic and therefore I should med" lol no.

Leaving halfway in the game without requesting for a sub is just stupid lol I mean why would you leave halfway. Timing out is one thing and that can't be helped. Crashing is another thing and can't be helped. But pressing 'escape' and the 'disconnect' button? That's a choice that you make and the consequences can only be held by YOU. The admins are just carrying out their duties by banning to make sure no stupid idiots populate the server by trolling around. If you decide to be a stupid retard and we happen to catch you, suck it up and learn from that. What's the point of banning you if you just come back and repeat?

LEARN FROM WHAT YOU DID WRONG. If you are banned, there's always a reason. LOOK AT THE REASON AND REFLECT.

4. Asking the same questions over and over again.

Don't ask for the server info two times in different threads, each one day apart. I already replied once. I don't want to reply again, especially not when you didn't see it one time already. If you didn't see my initial reply, why should I bother replying a second time.

Don't "like" my post detailing all the server info and the next day you ask "what are the server IPs?" Then why did you like my post goddamnit?

I know, as a representative of this community i have to be courteous and nice and patient but really? I'm not expected to spoonfeed anyone, and neither is anyone especially the admins expected to spoonfeed you. I'll gladly assist anyone if they have troubles in game, but the few stated above are so fucking simple why do you have a problem with that? If your IQ isn't that high ok tell me and I'll understand and I'll stop being such a fucking cunt to you and learn that you have some difficulties and accomodate to your means. But majority of you actually know how to play the game and enter 'aflmatch' into the password box so I highly doubt there's any problem in you grapsing some simple concepts.

If you have absolutely any queries please ask them nicely. Any personal questions go to my inbox at notentertainingyou@sassygayboi.com. Thanks!

• Like 3

lol "fuckyoucheebai@kanina.com"

If its censored why are u posting it. Not everyone mature enough, like how Brandon says I'm 15 all the time

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, weren't the servers set up such that if a game is ongoing, a successful votemap wouldn't change the map until the game is actually finished? I'm 100% sure there's such an option in the SourceMod config, for starters.

Guest qjyap

If its censored why are u posting it. Not everyone mature enough, like how Brandon says I'm 15 all the time

Actually more importantly why is an 'uncensored version' there. If people are so immature no doubt they would click it yeaaaa....?

Actually more importantly why is an 'uncensored version' there. If people are so immature no doubt they would click it yeaaaa....?

protect the innocent minds of children playing this game that involves people getting shot and blown up

• Like 1

protect the innocent minds of children playing this game that involves people getting shot and blown up

Blown up is fun. On a serious note this would serve as a useful "manners" guide for new players

Because this post was first typed up in the uncensored version. And bio you are 15. I think. Or did you turn 16 yet I don't know.

The uncensored version is raw and the only reason why I included it was because of the language used - straight and to the point and very angrily typed.

The censored version is there so that people who are not yet exposed to the colourful words used by most of the people in this community will not get the shock of their lives. But I'm not surprised if they already know fuck and cheebai and kanina because at 5 years old and exposed to the darkness that is YouTube, my brother shouted 'Shut the fuck up' from his room and he doesn't even know what it means.

To cald: I'm not sure either because I tend to stop the people voting before the last vote can be reached if I'm ever in the server. Don't want to take a risk to test it out. Some people voted for the next map when there were 10 minutes remaining and not even close to a 5-0 roll. Don't know why they were doing that.

Also westdar: huh? What do you mean it's invisible?

To reiterate what others have said, there shouldn't have to be a censored and uncensored version. Get across what you're trying to say without resorting to swearing, or this "List of rules" or whatever it's supposed to be is going to look very unprofessional, and consequently unimportant to newer players.

Secondly, if this is supposed to be informative/helpful to new players you are absolutely going to have to make it more concise, and split your current points further. At the moment, it's a couple of paragraphs short of a wall of text.

It's not important for the new players to understand the reasoning behind why rules and etiquette are the way they are, they just need to understand that there are rules and etiquette they must follow.

In short, if you intend for this to be more impactful, make more points if you must, but make them 1-2 line points, mostly devoid of emotion.

If you want to leave while people are still joining using !join that's fine by all means, but leaving during rolling makes you a mean little dick because it breaks the mod and if there's no admin in the server you have to votemap all over again and honestly that SUCKS.

Uh, if a player leaves when there are 6 a side(pre-roll or during roll), the mod reverts to warmup.

Also please don't go "poor joe ;(" especially when I don't know you. Makes me want to rip you fucking little cheebai apart.

Poor Joe :(

• Like 1

?

This wasn't written with the intention of it being a guide or a "must follow". If that was my intention I surely would have placed it in the guides section? But in case you don't know this is the general discussion section and I don't think it's in the wrong section. I did not ask Nata to make this a pinned thread. I, however, did show him this last night to see if it violated my position as a community ambassador. Why he made this a pinned post? You can ask him yourself. I have no qualms about it being pinned or unpinned.

I wrote this a month ago after a particularly disastrous pug where you were not involved in. I did not write this from the perspective of an admin or a moderator. I wrote this from the perspective of a player in the servers. On mumble last night while pugging Nata pointed out that even though you have 11 good players, it just takes one retard to spoil the entire game.

Going back to the fact that I wrote this a month ago, the pug mod wasn't fixed and I would not have talked about the mod breaking if it didnt happen in a pug I was in?

Anyway thanks for your suggestion on how to improve my writing style. The last essay I wrote was a research essay (whereby I scored a distinction in, how I don't know either, must have been something I did right) which might explain why I wrote in long paragraphs instead of short and concise points.

If you want to make this my second forum war go ahead. I promise not to use fancy GIFs because I only know how to type in huge chunks of text, right? :)/>

Nothing wrong with walls of text where appropriate. I did assume this was some sort of "Rules thread for newbies", rather than an informal post. Additionally I personally wouldn't put a rules thread in the guides and mentoring section, on account of visibility, and the fact that a rules thread isn't really a guide, but that's besides the point.

All I'm saying is you're preaching to the choir here. Having had a reasonable amount of experience with newer players(assuming your intended readers are newbies), I don't think the ones that end up reading this are going to take as much away from this thread as they could if the points were put across differently.

No offense meant, but that's just my take on the whole thing.

I would never want to follow a "etiquette rulebook" unless it's on fine dining because we were all brought up differently, so I'll never subject anyone to rules. I'll never tell someone to follow a certain set of EQ rules especially when online because wtf man?????????????????? Who the hell does that.

This isn't even a PSA but more of a rant from my part. Apologies for emotionally-charged phrases, but nothing is going to get through to anyone if a kosher tone is used. Although too harsh a tone might scare them away (tried and tested).

TO EVERYONE OUT THERE:

IF YOU TOOK FUCKYOUCHEEBAI@KANINA.COM & NOTENTERTAININGYOU@SASSYGAYBOI.COM SERIOUSLY I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY OK.

Sorry joe i had to take that seriously being a professional profanity consultant(PPC) something along the lines of kannina@yourmomcheebye.com would be more apporiate.

• Like 1

Then came this guy in spec who told brandon, aliasing as "respect;", that equiping the paintrain will result in him dying in 2 meatshots because of the 10% bullet vunerability.

pretty sure you still die in 2 meatshots even if you do not equip the pain train,

my 4 year old cousin, 5 year old brother and 6 year old sister also use colourful words to scold each other because i use the same words to insult short faggots

Sorry joe i had to take that seriously being a professional profanity consultant(PPC) something along the lines of kannina@yourmomcheebye.com would be more apporiate.

appropriate. its okay i think you were trying to make the word look shorter

Wow that was IMPactful bran! No one was refering to you, you shouldent short-change/beLITTLE urself due to some short-commings.

Also you should not stoop so LOW as to contend to LOWlifes like us.

• Like 1