This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
joe

ATTENTION

Remember the time when bran's pc broke down? I think it was due to some .....

SHORT circuit

Awwwwww Yeahhhh

2. Please know who the veterans are and that they exist and that not everyone in the server is new.

This point isn't to ask for respect, but to actually not embarass yourself. I was sitting in spec one fine day and I was looking at biotics trying to kill brandon and he only did so after a soldier helped him (teejay I remember). Then came this guy in spec who told brandon, aliasing as "respect;", that equiping the paintrain will result in him dying in 2 meatshots because of the 10% bullet vunerability. And I lol-ed like so hard.

I'm not asking you to stalk them, but just know that they have been playing the game longer than you and they actually know how the game mechanics work. Of course you might not be able to recognize all the veterans and their various names and stuff like that but lol please just stop trying so hard. It's good that you know the basics, really! And it's good that you like to share some knowledge, but who you share it to and how you share it really says a lot. Don't make yourself sound arrogant especially when you're new.

Also please don't go "poor joe ;(" especially when I don't know you. Makes me want to rip you apart.

this is so stupid do you expect us new players to track every alias change a veteran makes? we try to be helpful to everyone, if the pros keep changing their aliases, how are we supposed to know?

stupidity 101

• Like 1

this is so stupid do you expect us new players to track every alias change a veteran makes? we try to be helpful to everyone, if the pros keep changing their aliases, how are we supposed to know?

stupidity 101

You're over exaggerating, and there's always the option of ASKING PEOPLE

it's up to the veterans to alias and not be recognized, it's their own choice. and that choice shall not dictate whether the new guys need to find out who the aliasing guy is because at that point, they have forfeited any recognition. why should the new guys have to work extra hard to find out who you are if you purposely make it harder to in the first place?

• Like 4

Are you serious?

"Hey aliaser1, are you veteran1? No? Veteran 2 then!!! No?"

"Hey aliaser2, are you..."

• Like 2

I can't believe theres even a discussion on this: I quoted the point of #2 which seems to have gone over everyones heads BECAUSE OMG FUK U GUYS SO ELITIST OMG SMURFING.

Don't make yourself sound arrogant especially when you're new.

The whole thing is solved by having simple conversational skills that you employ when talking to strangers. For example, while you may say "lol learn to use your shotgun u noob" to your friend (even if he's higher skilled) in jest, it is rather inappropriate to say that to someone unaquainted. So in this case "paintrain makes you die to scout dont use it" becomes "hey did you leave your paintrain on by accident or do you intentionally have it equipped, because you seem to be having problems with the enemy scout". In other words,

Don't make yourself sound arrogant

I would also like to stress the importance of reading and comprehending the things people say before getting your panties in a knot (remember the order is important, read first THEN overreact). That way you don't look like an idiot when someone has to step in to explain basic social concepts.

Also, I smurf because you're all two-faced bastards.

Thank you for your kind attention.

• Like 1

this is so stupid do you expect us new players to track every alias change a veteran makes? we try to be helpful to everyone, if the pros keep changing their aliases, how are we supposed to know? stupidity 101

LMAO were you the one that told brandon that hahhahahahaha

y u lik 2 take mi out of conteks?

Also your username 'heretotroll'? Not really helping your point.

I find it hilarious you would say something like that.

• Like 1

I find it hilarious you would say something like that.

Hey hey hey tone it down a notch madmeng.

LMAO were you the one that told brandon that hahhahahahaha

y u lik 2 take mi out of conteks?

Really?

I apologize for my inability to choose a username that would make my point seem more valid.

Yeah it was me bro!!!!

Including your name in that statement simply makes it seem like an attempt to be categorized as a veteran.

It also seems like you're trying to suck up to the said veteran.

Really? I apologize for my inability to choose a username that would make my point seem more valid. Yeah it was me bro!!!! Including your name in that statement simply makes it seem like an attempt to be categorized as a veteran. It also seems like you're trying to suck up to the said veteran.

Oh if only you knew my history.

Also what statement were you talking about? I've made many in the past. If you're referring to "poor joe ;(", I'm not even talking about me being a veteran. Do you like someone you don't know go "poor you ;(" when you die in game? Well I don't know about you but I don't. Also this thread (as I've said previously) was not written with the intention of it being a sticky.

Really?

I apologize for my inability to choose a username that would make my point seem more valid.

Yeah it was me bro!!!!

Including your name in that statement simply makes it seem like an attempt to be categorized as a veteran.

It also seems like you're trying to suck up to the said veteran.

Just by being so hyped up over this, you just made yourself look dumb.

They are veterans, they should have the chance to have AT LEAST somewhat a higher authority then the new comers. But if you are gonna get so hyped up over this, then how about shutting up? And leave the veterans to ramble about you till they are happy? It's a game after all. If you don't understand that simple concept, no wonder your acting like a kid here.

Oh if only you knew my history.

Also what statement were you talking about? I've made many in the past. If you're referring to "poor joe ;(", I'm not even talking about me being a veteran. Do you like someone you don't know go "poor you ;(" when you die in game? Well I don't know about you but I don't. Also this thread (as I've said previously) was not written with the intention of it being a sticky.

Big man with a big past!

Don't know how the underlined bit relates to anything I said but okay.

Just by being so hyped up over this, you just made yourself look dumb.

They are veterans, they should have the chance to have AT LEAST somewhat a higher authority then the new comers. But if you are gonna get so hyped up over this, then how about shutting up? And leave the veterans to ramble about you till they are happy? It's a game after all. If you don't understand that simple concept, no wonder your acting like a kid here.

Didn't understand what you meant but if I'm getting hyped up why would I shut up? Its bad for you to keep your feelings bottled up brother!

I honestly didn't quite understand what you meant by the underlined bit and how it relates to this, could you please clarify it for my kid brains to understand?

Big man with a big past! Don't know how the underlined bit relates to anything I said but okay. Didn't understand what you meant but if I'm getting hyped up why would I shut up? Its bad for you to keep your feelings bottled up brother! I honestly didn't quite understand what you meant by the underlined bit and how it relates to this, could you please clarify it for my kid brains to understand?

bottom line? Dont make a fuss, its a game.

bottom line? Dont make a fuss, its a game.

I disagree, its much more than a game. I play for over 100 hours every two weeks, which means it takes up a large part of my life. Which is why I'm getting so emotional about it! I'm your average no-life gamer - I can't help but get annoyed when this happens.

I disagree, its much more than a game. I play for over 100 hours every two weeks, which means it takes up a large part of my life. Which is why I'm getting so emotional about it! I'm your average no-life gamer - I can't help but get annoyed when this happens.

hey high 5 i clocked in 200 hours per 2 weeks before most people have been there;done that

oh yeah and im a big man with a big past with a big ego too.

no intention of it being a sticky when the title is "ATTENTION" = you shouldn't be so bothered about my opinions imo. but its good that you care for the wellbeing of other newbies

idk where the thread direction is even heading.

I can see vvhere you're coming from. Nevvbies and such, they get scolded from the veterans ALOT vvhen they do shit and stuff. Then again, you cant really change the mindset of those vvho just laugh at the nevvcomers. Do appreciate you stand for the nevv ones though, just dont think you can really do much about it.