welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
iridescentFUZZ

AsiaFortress Player Interviews #2 - adelante the simple man

8_aflogo70.png

The AsiaFortress Interview series continues with the self-proclaimed simple man who some(and by some, I mean myself) call the robot. Adel the robot.

i: Since winning division two in AFC6, you've moved to a division one team. Do you feel a lot more pressured now, and how have you kept up with the team?

a: No pressure, all friends, adept with the playstyle.

i: How did you end up with your current team?

a: Old friends, they wanted me to join them long ago already.

i: You used to play demoman a long time ago. What, or who made you switch over to scout?

a: I was scout before demoman. I only tried demoman for one season to see how it worked out, and well, it worked out... okay.... but I'd rather scout, haha.

i: Oh, alright. You seem to have been a bit inactive recently. Trying out other games, or just plain busy?

a: Playing other games, and busy with real life stuff, exams, friends and school. Mostly drinking though :D

i: Haha, I thought so. How long before you have to enlist?

a: No clue mate, soon I guess. The mail hasn't arrived yet.

i: So you and summer will be joining at around the same time hopefully?

a: Yea pretty much.

i: Do you think you'll come back to TF2 after you're finished, and do you plan to play occasionally while you're still in NS?

a: Play occasionally? Most probably I'll play seldom, and I MAY come back and play casually after NS since I'm going to study overseas for my university. Maybe I can try the leagues over there in aus :D

i: Well, at least you won't be too far away in AU, haha. What do you think of the community and players at present? Have we progressed in terms of skill, player growth and attitude towards newer players?

a: Player growth good, old players attitude to new players could be nicer, community wise overall? I'm not too sure, haven't been keeping up but I guess I have no complaints.

i: In a recent post, madman stated he wanted to get the new players and AFA 'graduates' out of division 3 skill levels so we can go back to having two divisions again. What do you think about doing that?

a: I guess if we have dedicated people to help coach and teach the newer players, then it's a pretty good idea. Keep the learning ongoing and not just let them play pugs at their stagnant level of just killing each other and not knowing about advantages.

i: Throwing a random question out there; would you like to see a nature documentary style video on spammah, preferably narrated by someone who can do a Steve Irwin or David Attenborough accent?

a: Definitely.

i: You play dota 2 with the secrets guys if I'm not mistaken. Do you play at a competitive level?

a: Yea we do, but not under the name secret, but n$4w (no money for wards, best team btw) and yea we do play on a competitive level, online and local tourneys, whatever we can attend.

i: I see. Did you guys consider going for the OGM tournament that I heard was held this month?

a: OGM? I didn;t hear about it but if it was held this month then we probably couldn't have made it anyways since our captain russ is overseas.

i: Oh, right. So does russ do the calling for both TF2 and dota?

a: TF2, we all make our own calls. For dota 2, usually is him, yes, haha....mr rager...

i: Alright then, I think we can finish up with this interview. Anyone you'd like to thank, any players you want to call out?

a: I'd like to thank all the good friends out there in the community, especially all those players whom I'd played with in my previous teams, except spammah, <3 spammah, lord camel.

Also, I am a simple man.

i: Thanks for taking the time for this interview!

Sign in to follow this