This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
spammah

Upcoming improvements, additions and metagame changes

Remember to laugh, laughing is important. Even if you are playing with quality pickup players like Spammah, you can either laugh, rage or cry into your pillow. Laughing is a lot more fun for everyone.

Additional plugin function to +1 for poor Kuma who load maps too slow to get +1 and eventually sit from badlands to snakewater :(

I used to be granary pro(I mean no one picks me on badlands), now I know every texture on snake/process

• Like 1

Additional plugin function to +1 for poor Kuma who load maps too slow to get +1 and eventually sit from badlands to snakewater :(

I used to be granary pro(I mean no one picks me on badlands), now I know every texture on snake/process

TF2 will soon be on SteamPipe and your map-loading should be a lot faster.

kuma must buy ssd.

madman taught teal that ssd helps load your system and game faster so teal went to buy ssd after good reviews from tragic and now teal's game is v fast.

• Like 3

I'd say 'Mumble or ban'

Mumble can also lighten the mood in PUGs and make everything less serious and more fun, which can be a good thing so new players will learn that it's not all srs bsns

Honestly this is probably the only way. There isn't a good substitute for mumble.

Honestly this is probably the only way. There isn't a good substitute for mumble.

don't think you should force mumble. there are ppl who wouldnt speak even if they are forced into it anw.. i'm more towards encouraging any form of comms - typing, in game mic, mumble (if everyone agrees to speak)

I think new players tend not to speak cause either 1)they're shy, 2) they sound like a girl when they're actually guys then they're scared that ppl will make fun of them, 3) they dont know what to call out or 4) all of the above.If they're in mumble, they still wouldn't say anything so it's pointless. I agree with teal. Any form of comms is better than no comms at all

Just sitting in mumble listening to your team players communicate is better than not being in mumble at all. You might be a scout or a roamer but listening to when your team is pushing can make a lot of difference.

It's not "pointless" if they are in mumble but they don't talk.

• Like 1

If they wanna perv out on female/male voices whatever, let them do so.

So, would enforcing mumble but optional speaking work?

As long as they actually have the decency to listen I'm betting my talent on it.

lol what talent

If they wanna perv out on female/male voices whatever, let them do so. So, would enforcing mumble but optional speaking work?

It's a start, i guess.

OK, natapon and cumeron and fuzz and others? Can we have some clarification and updates on the upcoming changes?

What, me? I've barely been around the past few weeks. I know nothing at the moment.

OK, natapon and cumeron and fuzz and others? Can we have some clarification and updates on the upcoming changes?

how about you play afa or play in server with full of easy bot ?

How are you going to enforce the rule of mumble, and what are the penalties for that?

Any kind of kick or sit-out seems ridiculously harsh.

I'd suggest sitting out if you aren't in Mumble.

Then again, Mumble might cause some some issues as half a team might be in one mumble channel while the other half are in the common lounge. Hmmm.

Another thing I've noticed - calling for subs in less than 5 mins into the pug.

If u can't play, just sit out and give others a chance to roll.

Eliminating the 'skip' function when picking would be nice.

Some people abuse that function and it not only slows down the picking process, but also makes the person waiting to be picked (very often newbies) feel bad.

nata was supposed to remove that a long time ago. Someone who's online the next time he tests the new feature he's planning to add, remind him please. Can't guarantee I'll be there myself.

I think new players tend not to speak cause either 1)they're shy, 2) they sound like a girl when they're actually guys then they're scared that ppl will make fun of them, 3) they dont know what to call out or 4) all of the above.If they're in mumble, they still wouldn't say anything so it's pointless. I agree with teal. Any form of comms is better than no comms at all

However, if they don't ever join, then they'll never overcome their shyness and they will never learn what to call out. Just sitting in Mumble and listening to others call out will

1) Help you learn how and when to call out

2) Tell you the positions of the enemy players

I feel compulsory mumble is a good step to go in. Currently there is not very much voice comms going on in the pugs and it makes learning as a new player such as myself harder.

It also encourages more teamplay rather than a DM fest that it seems to be now.

So a few updates:

1. There is now a 'welcome' message box with some additional text information about mumble in the asiafortress servers.

2. The asiafortress servers are now integrated with sizzlingstats so players can view their stats in real time or after the game by typing .ss in public chat. Example of an asiafortress pug with ss stats - http://sizzlingstats.com/stats/4369

3. All old and new players are encouraged to come to the Asiafortress lounge channel in mumble to use when pugging or fuck around or create separate sub channels - whatever you prefer.

4. There is another cool server plugin being written, more info will be revealed when it's done.

5. A new website is in the works. I can't say much more other than the fact that you'll see it when it's done.

• Like 1

I for one would like to thank spammah for his innumerable contributions to the community, even in the face of the many challenges he encounters from day to day, on account of being a blurry-eyed LoL babby.

Big ups to all admins and those that put in so much effort

Joe spammah nata fuzz and all the others you know who you are :)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this