This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
spammah

Upcoming improvements, additions and metagame changes

As some of you may have noticed, we as regulars have been seeing an increase in the number of new players in the pug servers. I think this is a great thing for the scene and we need to cultivate patience and understanding when working with these new faces and be less ragey.

So to the old and new alike, please chill the fuck out and learn to be more tolerant even if it means having to endure more imbalanced pugs. If you're unable to accept mistakes and failures then you've probably burnt out playing tons of pugs, there's nothing wrong with taking a break for a day or two.

This next part is good. There will be some new server plugin additions (discussed last night in mumble with natapon, fuzz, madman, xoom etc) that we think will greatly help with server activity and individual skills across the board. Stay tuned for more info.

This brings me to the next topic in mind, metagame improvements. Slightly improving the level of pugs without being overbearing over the old and new players. What I've personally seen and proven happening is, having voicecomms forces everyone to work together to play better as a team and motivates players to improve skill in general.

The problem with using in-game voice comms = very spammy or messy and it completely drowns out ingame sound being annoying. Maybe we should all try working with the voice_overdrive cvar (lower value = less drowning out) ?

Or, we as a community could enforce the Mumble rule again since it has historically proven to work and brought a lot of new faces that stay put in the scene. What do you guys think? Enforce mumble rule or just keep it at Highly Recommended status?

Lastly, website and forums, the website could do with a background poster change from the current snakewater one. Do you guys have any really good art that you want to see promoted in the background? It has to be one static image though.

For the forums, nata and co, is it possible to have big shiny icons made for the forum sections? News and events would have a newspaper icon, Media would have a big ass movie icon etc.

• Like 7

referring to the mumble part, if you trash talk less i think it would be even better :DDDDDDDDDDDD

its definitely helping when u see presence of new players on ur team in mumble, but ur trolling is somehow (i think) distracting them

but pls when we need you pls dont stop trolling :DDDDDD

love u camel

• Like 1

referring to the mumble part, if you trash talk less i think it would be even better :DDDDDDDDDDDD

its definitely helping when u see presence of new players on ur team in mumble, but ur trolling is somehow (i think) distracting them

I agree with this.

It's all well and good when you troll people to make them perform or fit in, or whatever, but when people do it so much that our competitive hopefuls become trolls themselves, something's wrong.

I hate to say it, but I put the blame for creating trolls like pearbombs, mamamia and SMB solely on spammah :>

Have a nice day, camel!

• Like 3

referring to the mumble part, if you trash talk less i think it would be even better :DDDDDDDDDDDD its definitely helping when u see presence of new players on ur team in mumble, but ur trolling is somehow (i think) distracting them but pls when we need you pls dont stop trolling :DDDDDD love u camel
I agree with this. It's all well and good when you troll people to make them perform or fit in, or whatever, but when people do it so much that our competitive hopefuls become trolls themselves, something's wrong. I hate to say it, but I put the blame for creating trolls like pearbombs, mamamia and SMB solely on spammah :> Have a nice day, camel!

Too true. Just too true.

I have a feeling this thread will turn into a "troll spammah"/"discipline spammah" thread.

I hate to say it, but I put the blame for creating trolls like pearbombs, mamamia and SMB solely on spammah :>

I doubt that curry hates to state a truth, isn't that right hairycurry?

The compulsory mumble rule though good, is hard to enforce consistently and people slowly stop giving a damn about it

Anyway pugs aren't bad and ragey because of the new players, but those players who are completely clueless about 6v6 and intentional trolls (combat meds, full-time snipers, etc)

Player A doesn't read the rules and is a complete noob, and ends up not rolling becoming medic, it totally spoils the game for his teammates

I think we shud actually use the motd shit again(yes i know its a torture fpr old players) woth messages like 'if you are new, have you read the guidelines?' ONLY instead of giving other info so that new players will be prompted to press no instead of anyhow pressing yes for all questions

New players need to be cautioned not to bring even newer players into pugs without proper education. If unfortunately that happens and they end up as med cap'n like what summer noted , some of us have to take initiative and take their place, while forcing him/her to sit out and observe.

In time the community will grow more steadily and stop freezing hopefuls out.

I suggest an motd panel that pops up when a player joins.

A very clear warning to read the rules, and then the rules, is displayed. On agreeing, the window is closed and the window is never again shown to the player unless they type !rules

This window can use the Steam ID to check if the player has already agreed to reading the rules

Guest qjyap

That kinda was the case last time, then new players just skip/click agree and moved on.

Honestly the only reason behind this are puggers who introduce their friends to the servers without bothering to explain the system thoroughly. Something has to be done about this main issue.

Fu, I don't troll. If anything, SMB, mamamia and pearbombs AT THIS MOMENT are showing the biggest enthusiasm and motivation and are being tryhards and it's great to see. Pearbombs might be a bit flaky and feeds but that's cuz he's a weirdo.

I forgot to add in the main post that there will be a public welcome message spammed every 4-5 minutes inside the server that says something like "welcome to xxxx server! This is a pick-up (6v6) server. Please head over to www.asiafortress.com/guides/blabla to read guides and get started. Mumble is mandatory xxxyyyzzzz".

It might be a bit spammy but if it was up to me, I'd drive that welcome msg through everyone's skulls by flooding it every few minutes.

• Like 1

Guest qjyap

there will be a public welcome message spammed every 4-5 minutes inside the server that says something like "welcome to xxxx server! This is a pick-up (6v6) server. Please head over to www.asiafortress.com/guides/blabla to read guides and get started. Mumble is mandatory xxxyyyzzzz".

pinion pot of gold activate

• Like 2

Walao. No i didn't mean to troll . Walao. U need to understand all i try to do is trying to make ppl calm their tits and have fun in tf2 game and mumble.

You see before everyone get rage in game and after i sing no one rage more > :(

Btw u guys even cheers me up when i sing <3

No blame on me :>

• Like 5

Walao. No i didn't mean to troll . Walao. U need to understand all i try to do is trying to make ppl calm their tits and have fun in tf2 game and mumble.

You see before everyone get rage in game and after i sing no one rage more > :(

Btw u guys even cheers me up when i sing <3

No blame on me :>

HAHAHA If I could like this a million times I would :D

• Like 1

HAHAHA If I could like this a million times I would :D

me either >:)

It's not a MOTD message, qjyap. It's just a line spammed inside the server as a chat message.

SMB I love you.

You little *peep*

I'd say 'Mumble or ban'

Mumble can also lighten the mood in PUGs and make everything less serious and more fun, which can be a good thing so new players will learn that it's not all srs bsns

don't think you should force mumble. there are ppl who wouldnt speak even if they are forced into it anw.. i'm more towards encouraging any form of comms - typing, in game mic, mumble (if everyone agrees to speak)

• Like 1

typing is generally a bad habit, should start practising since start to speak/comm, but if they are uncomfy with speaking at first, could just get them to join mumble, listening is also part and parcel of comms..... i guess

Sign in to follow this