This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
end5566

few Asian in competition。

That's mainly because Asia's competitive TF2 community isn't that wide. Sure, there might be tons of players playing the game, but there are only that many out of those who play TF2 in Asia that actually try out competitive, let alone stay in the community.

Another reason might be the exposure of Asiafortress. In NA and EU, you see Valve regularly posting the events hosted by the various organisations (Pubs vs Pros, Round Robin etc.). We're trying to host more events to actually promote the fact that there is this thing called Asiafortress (Community vs Pros, Merc Cup 4) and that you guys can actually try out competitive TF2, but right now it's still a long road to climb before we reach the pinnacle. We're also trying to get casters (from EU, NA's timezone difference would be too big) to cast and stream the remaining few Merc Cup 4 matches, and we already have Greaver kindly assisting us in so many events so props to you man.

For now what you can do to help us is to spread the word! Do your friends want to be better at TF2? Do they want to evolve from a pub-star to a Invite-level player? Yeah come on down to asiafortress because swag ok im tired im sorry.

• Like 1

We have a lot of competitions actually.

Few players.

Few competitions = UT2k4

Didn't you already like my post in the other thread that listed out the 5 main servers that we have here in Asiafortress?

AsiaFortress.com #0 | EXP

connect bakemono.servegame.org:27015; password aflmatch

AsiaFortress.com #1 | PUG

connect bakemono.servegame.org:27016; password aflmatch

AsiaFortress.com #2 | PUG

connect bakemono.servegame.org:27017; password aflmatch

AsiaFortress.com #3 | PUG

connect bakemono.servegame.org:27018; password aflmatch

AsiaFortress.com #4 | HLD

connect bakemono.servegame.org:27019; password aflmatch

<p>

That&amp;#39;s mainly because Asia&amp;#39;s competitive TF2 community isn&amp;#39;t that wide. Sure, there might be tons of players playing the game, but there are only that many out of those who play TF2 in Asia that actually try out competitive, let alone stay in the community. Another reason might be the exposure of Asiafortress. In NA and EU, you see Valve regularly posting the events hosted by the various organisations (Pubs vs Pros, Round Robin etc.). We&amp;#39;re trying to host more events to actually promote the fact that there is this thing called Asiafortress (Community vs Pros, Merc Cup 4) and that you guys can actually try out competitive TF2, but right now it&amp;#39;s still a long road to climb before we reach the pinnacle. We&amp;#39;re also trying to get casters (from EU, NA&amp;#39;s timezone difference would be too big) to cast and stream the remaining few Merc Cup 4 matches, and we already have Greaver kindly assisting us in so many events so props to you man. For now what you can do to help us is to spread the word! Do your friends want to be better at TF2? Do they want to evolve from a pub-star to a Invite-level player? Yeah come on down to asiafortress because swag ok im tired im sorry.
<br>

I was hoping that is when our organization comes in. We do hope to promote events TF2 related. But for now it seems like our focus is not on TF2 this moment, from what you can see in our FB page.

And based on what I have heard from many other people during my tenure as a member of OGM, (Like during the SCII HOTS opening event in singapore held recently), they think that TF2 is a casual game with 12v12 pubbers going on to kill each other in a spectacular way possible. They never even heard of competitive TF2 AT ALL. As a result, the general e-sports community looks down upon TF2. (At least for SCII community). Correct me if I am wrong, but this is what I deduced from my limited perceptive ad posteriori.

I mean, look at Quake and Unreal Tournament series. Even though they got pub servers and they troll kill each other like mad every day, we still got the professional series that people generally respect. I for one hope that the Unreal Tournament League will be revived with the UT 4 (If they are coming anyway). TF2 have the same mechanics, it is just that it is just a little slower and there is team dynamics. That is why I still play TF2.

PS off topic: I still have dreams of becoming Fatal1ty. :D/>

In order for UT4 to be made, someone needs to kidnap the current developers at epic and force them to play 100 hours of UT99 and then 100 hours of UT2k4. Ask them if it was worth killing these two amazing games for gears of console war.

In order for UT4 to not suck, someone needs to kidnap the current developers at epic and force them to play 100 hours of UT3. Ask them what the fuck is this shit?

This thread is now about Unreal Tournament.

also why did they replace the translocators with fucking skateboards? why would you ollie around when you can blink and gib people unfortunate enough to stand in the way

Sign in to follow this