welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
Madman

An Open Letter to Highlander Players

yall need to get your shit together.

Don't be contented with weeklies and thats-it-for-my-highlander-diet. The highlander weeklies are held as a bridging for the casual player, a fact that is sorely evident to anyone who has tried to play competitively in them (holy shit the voice comms are just messed up, its like you guys gather in mumble solely to perv on female/pre-pube male voices). But of course thats exactly what you're there for.

For those among you who have come to identify yourself with the term "highlander player", it is time to step up your game by being more active with regard to scrimming. Start organizing scrims, you may either use the UGC rules to practice for the upcoming division or play with no whitelist as a way to experiment with unlocks. You guys are free to suggest any new rules for the weeklies (instead of following UGC to the dot) if there is a sound reason for doing so. You guys as players have a ridiculous pool of resources in the form of this forum, servers and admins who know their technical shit, these are things we would have killed for in the past so make use of it to grow the community and gameplay format that you love.

When we have an active scrimming culture with team captains playing an active role in building the community (suggestions, guides, videos, ANYTHING) then you'll find everyone gradually improving together, and thats a wonderful experience. You'll only be taken seriously as players if you yourself be serious about improving and being respected. If you're in here for the hats, the boasting in pub servers about "being a 9v9 player" or some other stupid fucking reason, then the 9v9 crowd will stagnate and slowly die off (not to mention play like complete shit in the process).

Remember start scrimming, wear your clan tags with pride, take lots of demos, lead the newer players.

On a side note, I hope you guys don't take the admins for granted. Not everyone is guilty of this of course, but since the SVF days we've been literally at 24/7 support hotline beck-and-call cleaning up shit. Its not that we need sleep or our own personal time (we do), but realize we won't be around forever and we need capable leaders to take over (a few days in advance before you request anything of us would be nice too).

If you don't really care about what I have to say, then you shouldn't really bother replying to this thread either. Cheers.

• Like 5

You'll only be taken seriously as players if you yourself be serious about improving and being respected. If you're in here for the hats, the boasting in pub servers about "being a 9v9 player" or some other stupid fucking reason, then the 9v9 crowd will stagnate and slowly die off (not to mention play like complete shit in the process).

so true.

Hi there. My name is JeffJeff and i'm starting a new HL team with my friends and such pug players.

Most of us are kinda new to the HL scenes and would like to gain more experience.

We would like you to mentor us as i have seen you being quite active in the HL thread. We are young and willing to learn. Please kindly contact me by adding me through steam or you can leave a message here(which i'm not too active on)

here's my steam profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198039955641

Hi I appreciate your enthusiasm and drive, however, I cannot commit to mentoring your highlander team.

If you guys are a new team I think the most important thing would be to actually go out there and play some 'clueless' games for a start and learn for yourself what are your strengths and weaknesses before approaching a mentor. If you don't know which specific areas you need help in then you're essentially asking for a 'mentor' to come and help you to play the game for you.

Seeing as the HL scene has changed quite a bit in the four months that have passed since I first posted this thread: I wish you the best of luck in making a name for yourself <_< .