welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
Summer

Summer's rating thread

Bran -

When i joined the scene back in early 2010, you were already a veteran player and one of those i had a lot of respect for. Now a LAN champ, and having many other honors in the game, it is hard to dispute your ability at any class, and your experience in dealing with different scenarios. I think the most impressive factor about you and the teams you have lead is how you don't crumble under pressure, which has been visible since the Cata days and currently in Scrts; I.E You guys never count yourselves out of the game, and you're always willing to try new things and take risks that provide a high reward factor.

However back onto the individual level; Skill-wise as i've mentioned you're one of the top players in SG, and you switching your role to demoman has influenced me to pick up the class once again, as your ability with the class challenges and motivates myself to improve. You also have the experience, knowledge and right attitude in leading your team which is why Scrts has seen such dramatic improvement and has stayed around for more than half a year.

A word of advice i may offer you is that sometimes you may sound condescending in the way you speak and type; If you try to sound a little nicer to people, that coupled with your skill in the game will definitely make you one of the most respected and well-known players in our scene.

Rating: 9.1 / 10

FUZZBEARD -

Well Fuzz, the man with the legendary beard and ex leader of Plop, you are one of the rarer leaders of our community; Patient with our new members, and willing to invest time into our growing our scene. One of the nice

As a player, though you've improved, i would still say you would be Div 2; Don't be discouraged that i say this, but use the following tips that i provide for your improvement.

1) Your playstyle is too passive. I say this because when i play alongside or spectate you, i notice that even when both teams have even players and no form of advantage either, you would immediately begin to back out instead of picking duels or staying around to try to do some damage. As a pocket solly/demo, you'd be surprised at how much damage you're able to do, and you will need to open up opportunities for your team instead of constantly baiting them; Though you may die sometimes (not in stupid positions of course), the damage that you did to the enemy will create all sorts of opportunities for your team to capitalize on.

2) Your DM needs improvement. Turn off your shitty accel :D Also stop binding C-7.

3) Most importantly is to work together with your team. If you are not the main caller for your team and they decide to do something, you shouldn't question, just comply. If it was a mistake, talk about it after the game. You've been guilty of this on multiple occasions with most of the classes, and not only would you failing to assist your team result in a bad play, it breaks morale as well.

Overall, the areas which i've mentioned are easy to improve. You're already taking the right steps by watching high-level games and trying to understand how they play out scenarios, just polish your dm ability and try to get a solid team. Also very good effort on the AFA mentoring and contributions to Asiafortress.

Rating: 7.8/10

Cald:

Cald, just like fuzz you are one of the nicer guys in the community, reaching out the lowyat pubbers and trying to get them into the competitive scene, highlander and 6's wise. However it's sad for me to say that i've not seen much improvement from you since the beginning of allstars until now, and i'll highlight what i've noticed:

1) Back when you played for allstars before zee, you would constantly get annoyed at your team whenever you got fragged. Sometimes it may have been their fault (The whole team lacked 6s experience), and sometimes it may have been yours. However as time went by things didn't change, and you would continue to find excuses for mistakes that you made; mistakes like mis-popping uber, general positioning, and heal rotations and awareness. If you want to improve, you have to swallow your pride, admit your mistakes and move on from there. It doesn't sit well with your team when they are just trying to give you advice to get better but you constantly rage at them...

2) Your general gamesense could use improvement, especially positioning.

3) If you want to move up the divisions, you will need to progress from playing AFA/Lowyat level pugs and scrims. Not that i don't think it's good that you take the effort to teach them, but if you want to get better, you must take the right steps.

My comments here are not to discourage or offend you, i just hope that you will take this as constructive feedback because i honestly feel you are a nice guy. :)

Rating: 6.8/10

Misfit

I love you baby :wub:

Rating: Infinity x Infinity +1 / 10

P.S: The ratings here are not meant to be taken seriously, as they are not a fair gauge of your skill as a player, merely how i feel about you guys. Also do not get discouraged by any of the "negative" comments i have, as i just want the players of our community to improve.

I will get back to some of the other ratings probably tomorrow :)

• Like 2

Cald:

Cald, just like fuzz you are one of the nicer guys in the community, reaching out the lowyat pubbers and trying to get them into the competitive scene, highlander and 6's wise. However it's sad for me to say that i've not seen much improvement from you since the beginning of allstars until now, and i'll highlight what i've noticed:

1) Back when you played for allstars before zee, you would constantly get annoyed at your team whenever you got fragged. Sometimes it may have been their fault (The whole team lacked 6s experience), and sometimes it may have been yours. However as time went by things didn't change, and you would continue to find excuses for mistakes that you made; mistakes like mis-popping uber, general positioning, and heal rotations and awareness. If you want to improve, you have to swallow your pride, admit your mistakes and move on from there. It doesn't sit well with your team when they are just trying to give you advice to get better but you constantly rage at them...

2) Your general gamesense could use improvement, especially positioning.

3) If you want to move up the divisions, you will need to progress from playing AFA/Lowyat level pugs and scrims. Not that i don't think it's good that you take the effort to teach them, but if you want to get better, you must take the right steps.

My comments here are not to discourage or offend you, i just hope that you will take this as constructive feedback because i honestly feel you are a nice guy. :)/>/>

Rating: 6.8/10

Thanks for the advice and tips, I genuinely appreciate them.

I know what you mean about my making excuses and blaming my team. I've been making steps to improve myself on these and other aspects. I'd say I've been caught with making many wrong decisions and choices in all sorts of things during my time in AsiaFortress. Hope the next time you play with me I would impress you or something.

And about the Lowyat PUGs, I've been using them as an opportunity to try out other classes such as Scout and Pocket Soldier instead of just Medic to expand my understanding of the game. I personally feel it's helped me quite a lot, and I'm even considering switching my mains from Medic to Soldier.

Thanks again.

Sign in to follow this