This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
CFB

OGM

Hopefully there are no incurred losses as that would be bad. If possible, try to get sponsors in exchange for advertising. They provide the equipment/space/whatever, and you guys in exchange promote their company on your webpage, posters (if any), banners and server MOTD's.

A reasonable for a day of a LAN tourney might be around $10 - $20. You have to look at your expenses first before you start charging, though. You might want a profit or something but make sure you do not charge $50 for a day (with 50 players) when a day at LAN (9-5) is like $24 (an average of $3 per hour).

one day... we'll all aim for a 2 days LAN party on a navy ship, like the one they did in the states by Nvidia

(just awesome)

• Like 1

one day... we'll all aim for a 2 days LAN party on a navy ship, like the one they did in the states by Nvidia
(just awesome)

If we cant get a navy ship, we'll just get the next best thing.

sampan.jpg

• Like 1

Replies are in italics:

We had a lan in the Sept of 2011 (TGX '11) and some of the things that could be improved from that are:

1) Proper match scheduling; timings for each game were like an hour off

Noted. We also suffered slight timing issues on our SCII competition. It is still noted that situations beyond our control could mess up timing of game, but I will take this advice seriously.

2) properly brief team leaders on where to be at x time to avoid delays; give teams ample time to install configs

If we are to supply several computers, it would be nice if configs are installed way before the actual competition. Like this, the chances of complication will be lessened due to early preparation. As to point no 1, we will plan timings for the tf2 competition. Every match has a max potential of 30 mins, unlike SCII or Dota 2. Which makes it easier to plan accordingly.

3) Ensure that all players bring their equipment since many didn't previously

It is a choice for them to bring their set of equipment. This rule wont be enforced but it would be encouraged, given that players have their own favorite mouse and their own favorite sensitivity settings. In addition, it is good for players to know their sens, as it would save them headache when preparing for competition inside the venue.

In fact, as it is going to be a byoc event, i think it is common sense for players to bring their laptop/desktop. (I do applause those who bring their desktop along, though it is better than the pre-CRT era :D)

4) i have played tf2 on a laptop previously but definitely won't bring it to the LAN but that's just me. Would rather use organizer supplied products as transporting a pc without a car is horrible.

I understand. Hence I am considering. (Although the dreamhack like environment will be destroyed when we do supply computers)

5) Spread the event over 2 days if possible depending on no. Of registered teams or start early like 9am

We will look into that when we plan our event. It has a good chance of it being overnight though (2 days 1 night)

6) Side events like Mge tournament, 2v2 bball or fun games to entertain specs

Or mabye an introduction to UT3 or shootmaina as a side event. :D Not betraying Tf2 though :(

7) Have our big games broadcasted on the stage.. I still remember 40 over specs crowding around a m17 trying to watch the grand finals, also since tf2 isint well known like d2 or sc2 try to make the grand finals get put on stage first so that specs wont leave after the 2 bigger games

Will be looked into when we plan. We do use our gaming stream twitchtv though.

Im just listing these points off the top of my head as what i feel as a player. GL with organizing the LAN, good initiative and maybe i might be motivated to play again :D

Thanks for the feedback. It will be a long time before we could acturalise the idea (For now, we are focusing on our DOTA2 #3 open), but we will take into account your comments.

Also, after the Dota 2 open #3, I will be fighting for a Tf2 side event competition (most likely MGE) when OGM has their next discussion session. Hopefully my SCII, WOT and DOTA2 maniac friends will understand my position :D

Lastly, if u do have the time, support our OGM Dota 2 open #3 for now. :D

CrimsonFirebird

OGM.

addin on regarding TGX LAN, my team had very little time between matches (except for the first match cuz that was just 10-0 roll in a matter of a half hour), pretty sure other teams had the same problem as well. i don't think xilver even had time for a smoke and i barely shoved two fries into my mouth (which candice and co. kindly bought for us) before being informed that we had to set up our equipment.

All in the matter of planning. Noted too.

if matches are bo3 then please assume that every match goes into a tiebreaker map.

It would be nice if u can elaborate it further, but my idea is that the last map will always be a KOTH as the chances of a tie is 0.

However, some teams will not like it especially if they are more inclined towards 5cp maps.

no under 16 rule please, this community is full of em, if u wanna have more players, avoid that rule.

We are not going to impose age-related restricts. I do believe in the fact that maturity comes from the composition of the mind, not the age itself. The only related age related restrict may be the entrance fee, but the reason will not be one of age restriction. I do hope that we do not need to set an entrance fee though.

do not run 3rd place match and grand finals simultaeneously. granted, it was running off-schedule but i was really keen to watch the masterful vs vco game but instead had to play nfr in the grand finals at the same time.

Okay. We will try not to do that, but if time restrictions such that it is required, we could save a replay for you to view later.

no freight please

Lol. Ban this map when u choose your map list :D

Thanks for the feedback. It will be a long time before we could acturalise the idea (For now, we are focusing on our DOTA2 #3 open), but we will take into account your comments.

Also, after the Dota 2 open #3, I will be fighting for a Tf2 side event competition (most likely MGE) when OGM has their next discussion session. Hopefully my SCII, WOT and DOTA2 maniac friends will understand my position :D

Lastly, if u do have the time, support our OGM Dota 2 open #3 for now. :D

CrimsonFirebird

OGM.

Players could bring their own keyboard, mouse and mouse pad but bringing their desktop there is just difficult esp for those who don't drive

Hmm.....I kinda agreed with your points. But how does dreamhack manage to achieve this, I wonder? In the early days of dreamhack, I do believe that not many people own laptops, and even if they do, it is not even powerful to run their games of that time.

One way is to deposit their cpu at the lan site, which could run into security implications. Another way is to bring generic CPU and monitor along, which will bump up costs. (I don't know how much would Alienware charge)

I will think of a solution. Anyone who have any potential solution may state it on this thread.

Also, after the Dota 2 open #3, I will be fighting for a Tf2 side event competition (most likely MGE) when OGM has their next discussion session. Hopefully my SCII, WOT and DOTA2 maniac friends will understand my position :D/>

Lastly, if u do have the time, support our OGM Dota 2 open #3 for now. :D/>

CrimsonFirebird

OGM.

Hopefully there are no incurred losses as that would be bad. If possible, try to get sponsors in exchange for advertising. They provide the equipment/space/whatever, and you guys in exchange promote their company on your webpage, posters (if any), banners and server MOTD's. A reasonable for a day of a LAN tourney might be around $10 - $20. You have to look at your expenses first before you start charging, though. You might want a profit or something but make sure you do not charge $50 for a day (with 50 players) when a day at LAN (9-5) is like $24 (an average of $3 per hour).

Oneasiagamer could help with this, but this is just my speculation. And don't worry, as we stated, we are a non profit organization. We will not charge just because we could profit from this. :D/>

CrimsonFirebird

OGM

(just awesome)

Last post for today (phew)

If u can provide me a large ship, and when I mean a large ship FREE OF CHARGE AND OF ANY DISCLAIMERS AND WHATSOEVER (sry I have to highlight because I got tricked by something similar once), i mean this:

http://www.google.com.sg/imgres?imgurl=http://www.vancouverinternationalboatshow.com/images/Octopus-yacht_413.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.vancouverinternationalboatshow.com/World's-largest-yachts.html&h=768&w=1024&sz=163&tbnid=LvWTyabobOt2PM:&tbnh=95&tbnw=126&zoom=1&usg=__vGKx7QENpE_v69Qo4kssilXsLrA=&docid=Siyx9WzZxoxQjM&sa=X&ei=yQhkUbGDJtCrrAeUpIAY&ved=0CFEQ9QEwBA

I am happy to provide. Alternatively, if SAF could loan us one of their ships, I will be happy too. If anyone have the luxury of living in a yacht and is generous to provide their whole living spaces for lan, it would be great too.

Otherwise, it would be too cost prohibitive to do so :I Great idea, but very impractical :(

CrimsonFirebird

OGM

• Like 1

Good evening gamers,

Just as a teaser, there will be a high chance that we coming are up with a small scale competition in May.

Look forward to it.

CrimsonFirebird

OGM

Good evening gamers, Just as a teaser, there will be a high chance that we coming are up with a small scale competition in May. Look forward to it. CrimsonFirebird OGM

Another teaser: It will be an online competition, 2v2 Ultiduo.

Stay tuned for official announcements.

CrimsonFirebird

OGM

<p>

IF YOU ORGANIZE UT3 INSTEAD OF UT2004 I WILL FUCKING CUT YOU UP.

<br>

<br>

Another teaser: Participants must install UT3 on their computer before they are eligible for the tf2 ultiduo competition.

(クリムゾン火の鳥)