welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
Dream

HL MIXES ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON/NIGHT

Hey ya fellow highlanders,

I'm one of the admins in HL and i was thinking about organizing HL mixes on Saturday afternoon/evening/night (joe i was hoping for afternoon or evening :3 [cheers])

If you guys don't mind i would start this asap :3

I don't think we could have an actual highlander mixes because

1. The thread was posted 3 days ago.

2.Its not organized

3.Game Time not confirmed .

It would not must likely happen.

Next would to express my opinion to asia fortress.

First of all,You guys know know that asia fortress know has a pug server and a group that announces people to join the pug.The group called asiafortress pickup whatever its called or named. i know you guys have a hl group also but its most likely to be on friday due to the system.

We could have the same system for highlander. So we don't need to be on friday!

Because before i moved here i lived in NA and we get to play pug whenever we want because of the group system.

Plus we don't always have to wait on friday and people have difficulties joining or entering the game late getting them banned or getting warnings from the mods or admins.

Keep in mind . Its just an opinion

2.Its not organized

First of all,You guys know know that asia fortress know has a pug server and a group that announces people to join the pug.The group called asiafortress pickup whatever its called or named.

Because before i moved here i lived in NA and we get to play pug whenever we want because of the group system.

Plus we don't always have to wait on friday and people have difficulties joining or entering the game late getting them banned or getting warnings from the mods or admins.

We do have a highlander pug group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/afhlpickup. The friday hl mix is just a more organised highlander since everyone already has a selected class.

I know but its most likely to be on friday because of asia fortress system mate.

O yea did you read carefully because i think you missed something coming from your text

O well forums these days don't update the whole quote or do they :o

Guest qjyap

The system you mentioned already exists, just that people never take the initiative to start a pug.

2.Its not organized

First of all,You guys know know that asia fortress know has a pug server and a group that announces people to join the pug.The group called asiafortress pickup whatever its called or named. i know you guys have a hl group also but its most likely to be on friday due to the system.

1. There has only been 1 postponed Highlander weekly since its inception here at Asiafortress because not enough people signed up.

2. The PUG system has only been used once or twice.

3. This HL Mix on Saturday is only a suggestion, with DreamNex asking for feedback from the community on when are most people free thus we could have the mix then. He isn't talking about holding one this Saturday at such a short notice.

4. How are you going to enforce the players during a PUG to join Mumble? I hope you do know that Mumble is a requirement for Highlander.

5. You should not join the weeklies if you know that you're going to be late. This is your own responsibility. If others can make it early and on time, I don't see why can't you. If others have absolutely no problem joining the server and playing the game, I don't see why can't you. Crash? Join back. Can't? Inform someone. Don't give crashing as an excuse to not play.

6. Bigdaddy did not miss anything in his quote of yours. Perhaps you should read properly instead.

7. You can play a PUG whenever you want to. Why not you start one instead of complaining that one is never started?

Also, we wouldn't be moderators if we did not know that Asiafortress had its own PUG servers for both 6's and Highlander. I have all AF servers favorited and listed down with their IPs and STVs. I know that a PUG system exists by posting an announcement on the group. Are you trying to imply that we moderators are incompetent in what we are doing?

The methods you are suggesting are flawed, and please do not criticise our plans when you can't come up with a better one. I have a really harsh tone while talking to you because you are really fishy. What you say sometimes doesn't correspond to what actually happened (http://asiafortress....-30th-hl-mixes/) and you have not addressed my questions yet. You told us on the forums that you crashed but in game you said that you didn't know that there was a second map and you had to go? So which is it? Please stop ignoring my questions and at least give a decent answer or explanation.

xsYPR.gif

1. There has only been 1 postponed Highlander weekly since its inception here at Asiafortress because not enough people signed up.

2. The PUG system has only been used once or twice.

3. This HL Mix on Saturday is only a suggestion, with DreamNex asking for feedback from the community on when are most people free thus we could have the mix then. He isn't talking about holding one this Saturday at such a short notice.

4. How are you going to enforce the players during a PUG to join Mumble? I hope you do know that Mumble is a requirement for Highlander.

5. You should not join the weeklies if you know that you're going to be late. This is your own responsibility. If others can make it early and on time, I don't see why can't you. If others have absolutely no problem joining the server and playing the game, I don't see why can't you. Crash? Join back. Can't? Inform someone. Don't give crashing as an excuse to not play.

6. Qjyap did not miss anything in his quote of yours. Perhaps you should read properly instead.

7. You can play a PUG whenever you want to. Why not you start one instead of complaining that one is never started?

Also, we wouldn't be moderators if we did not know that Asiafortress had its own PUG servers for both 6's and Highlander. I have all AF servers favorited and listed down with their IPs and STVs. I know that a PUG system exists by posting an announcement on the group. Are you trying to imply that we moderators are incompetent in what we are doing?

The methods you are suggesting are flawed, and please do not criticise our plans when you can't come up with a better one. I have a really harsh tone while talking to you because you are really fishy. What you say sometimes doesn't correspond to what actually happened (http://asiafortress....-30th-hl-mixes/) and you have not addressed my questions yet. You told us on the forums that you crashed but in game you said that you didn't know that there was a second map and you had to go? So which is it? Please stop ignoring my questions and at least give a decent answer or explanation.

xsYPR.gif

mad skeelz joe

Sorry for missing your question.

Well. Joe.

My mac crashed and it won't turned on and i couldn't find a substitute in time because it was unexpected. Plus if i did, my friends(real life) weren't alone and others were mostly from asia fortress already playing the Hl pug with their roles. Plus I would have join and come back but how should i know? So its not my fault and its not an excuse joe. First of all , My mac only has TF2 and I DIDN'T EXPECT MY MAC WOULD CRASHED IN A SUDDEN AND WON'T LET ME SWITCH ON MY MAC. So you tell me , is it an excuse and if you want me to download tf2 on my other comps sure. By that time the pug would already finished.Keep in mind : MY MAC CRASHED not the server.

An Extra note to you joe : My mac is already fixed and crystal clean. So no more crashing will happen. But Seriously , i am not trying to offend you or anything. Don't say its an excuse while you don't know what happen in reality after my mac crashed.

and thanks for your clearly explanation of the HL pug. Took my confusion away. :)

Anyway i am not trying to offend you joe. I just didn't see or understand asia fortress because i joined about a month ago and still fresh to this new community..

And Joe my comment was just an OPINION and I never said its a bad plan.It just a suggestion. Not trying to CRITICISE YOUR Plan if you read carefully.

IN CONCLUSION - I have no hatred with this system or josiah. I told you guys in my comment . ITS JUST AN OPINION

P.s : Qjyap actually missed a sentence of my quote . " i know you guys have a hl group also but its most likely to be on friday due to the system.

Well. Joe.

My mac crashed and it won't turned on and i couldn't find a substitute in time because it was unexpected. Plus if i did, my friends(real life) weren't alone and others were mostly from asia fortress already playing the Hl pug with their roles. Plus I would have join and come back but how should i know? So its not my fault and its not an excuse joe. First of all , My mac only has TF2 and I DIDN'T EXPECT MY MAC WOULD CRASHED IN A SUDDEN AND WON'T LET ME SWITCH ON MY MAC. So you tell me , is it an excuse and if you want me to download tf2 on my other comps sure. By that time the pug would already finished.Keep in mind : MY MAC CRASHED not the server.

An Extra note to you joe : My mac is already fixed and crystal clean. So no more crashing will happen. But Seriously , i am not trying to offend you or anything. Don't say its an excuse while you don't know what happen in reality after my mac crashed.

and thanks for your clearly explanation of the HL pug. Took my confusion away. :)

Anyway i am not trying to offend you joe. I just didn't see or understand asia fortress because i joined about a month ago and still fresh to this new community..

And Joe my comment was just an OPINION and I never said its a bad plan.It just a suggestion. Not trying to CRITICISE YOUR Plan if you read carefully.

IN CONCLUSION - I have no hatred with this system or josiah. I told you guys in my comment . ITS JUST AN OPINION

P.s : Qjyap actually missed a sentence of my quote . " i know you guys have a hl group also but its most likely to be on friday due to the system.

No, my question is: Did you tell teal that was in the server that you did not know there was a second map and you left? Stop telling me how your mac crashed and stuff.

The only reason why Bigdaddy would have missed out a line from your post was if you edited it. I've never seen a line being missed out by the quote system before.

The quote system captures the current text and makes it a separate post. It isn't a script where if you have edited the post the quoter's post would also show the edit.

Well You did said that question in the server ( can't find it in the forums/highlander/highlandermixes/30thnovember) But you weren't telling or targeting it to me and i remembered it clearly,and my team in the mumble told me (not teal).

Next,the reason I am telling you what happened on that highlander pug is because you said it was an "excuse"

And for the quote system , thanks for telling me about it. I was correcting a few touches of my comment and maybe qj quoted it at the same time.

Well. Joe.

OK dude may i ask you a question? In the thread itself it said the 1st map would be cp_gravelpit . Ok read it again. FIRST map. Then even the poll was to vote for the next map. So unless first means only and you cant see the poll, you should have no excuse to miss the next map. By the way don't you DARE tell me your MAC will not turn on because you said "Plus I would have join and come back but how should i know?"

And your sentence "i know you guys have a hl group also but its most likely to be on friday due to the system." I don't really understand your english but this is my answer to how I interpret it. I don't think you understand that the HL mix is not together with the group(correct me if I'm wrong joe) The group is there to give us access to the server and to schedule HL PUGS. Yes HL PUGS. The mix on friday is NOT a PUG. So we CAN schedule PUG during the week but nobody takes the initiative to start a PUG and gather 17 other people to play. (More exerienced players are free to tell me where I went wrong cos I'm not that experienced myself)

qj soz if I got involved me or Joe won't mention you again. . And sogeking leave this issue with me and joe.... Its none of your business. And if you don't understand how the Americans exaggerate our sentence.adding up don't judge my English okay?Don't get involved in it.No offense,you are being nosy. It's Joe and I issue.Sogeking if you aren't blind,one of ny comment says I got my mac fixed. In conclusion, Joe and qj explained it to me clearly and thank you for clearing my confusion. I appreciate it. I am asking a lot of questions because i moved from NA and was fresh to this system.Now,I know how the system functions in asiafortress. No useless or insensible questions will be ask in the future atm.