This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Bob

Made a hud, need feedback and suggestions

I'm rawrlik. Most of you don't know me cause I don't pug often and not that active in this community due to school.(Fucking maths) I do bball alot.

Here is the link

http://code.google.com/p/rawrhud/

100% sure I forgot to edit something

May have unforeseen bugs and shit.

Like the title says, please try my hud out and tell me what I can improve on. Also finding a decent font for the health and ammo value.

Guest qjyap

Can I see a pic of the demo sticky count and class selection? Also the overheal bar kinda looks weird. Overheal colour could make it different too.

Looks really nice though

kk. I'll put in a screenshot for demoman. I'll try make huds with slightly different layouts. Broesel used a different font for almost everything so it looks smaller. I'm trying to find a clean-looking font other than the one available in tf2

yeah,they're recent. Still wondering if people prefer the tf2-style fonts or verdana. The buttons for the class selection menu is sometimes unresponsive so I'm going to edit them again and make the menu less intrusive. ._.

Is anyone interested in making their own huds? I'll write a complete guide on it if anyone wants. Flame's guide is quite brief and radz videos are quite a hassle to watch since they're damn long(around one hour +)

hey dude buddy me on steam!

hud's really nice.. kinda small but its ok maybe thats the style for this hud.

really clean also reminds me of oxide hud

only thing i will edit is the dmg text to make it bigger!

3 feedbacks

1) MEDIC-i think u can change the ubercharge meter to the middle instead of right side

2) DEMOMARN- the number of stickies laid, too near crosshair, very irritating to see, same for the charge

put both slightly lower near the objective, size also can adjust larger bar, small number

3) CLASS MENU- put picture of class, look more shiok i think

• Like 1

Some feedback.

1. I dunno if its just me but I like FrankenHuD's add-on font.

2. the ammo and health too much to the left/right of the screen

3. the time at the top is sticking out of the box

Wait. What is your screen's aspect ratio? Mine is 16:10 so that might be causing the misalignment. I'll try to fix it if possible.

Some feedback.

2. the ammo and health too much to the left/right of the screen

3. the time at the top is sticking out of the box

After a long time of thinking how am i supposed to solve this, I just realised that you most probably have minimal hud turned on. The hud I made doesn't have a minimal mode so the the entities would be misaligned cause there is no x-position and y-position stated for minimal mode.

not sure if you did this for demo, but make the sticky count gigantic like broesels

and if you really intend to be a serious hud maker, try to implement an autoupdater like pv's, its one of the reasons i stick to pv

• Like 1

Guest qjyap

not sure if you did this for demo, but make the sticky count gigantic like broesels

and if you really intend to be a serious hud maker, try to implement an autoupdater like pv's, its one of the reasons i stick to pv

u lazy only

• Like 3

lolz no need la, just update when got big update can liao :D ... the guide thing also no need la, whoever needs help in making the hud, just ask you can alr.. im sure its just a few

lolz no need la, just update when got big update can liao :D/> ... the guide thing also no need la, whoever needs help in making the hud, just ask you can alr.. im sure its just a few

ok boss.