This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Summer

Summer - AMA

Gema: Will quit when i have other priorities. I can stop this game anytime i want to when i have more important things to do, but after a long working day you can't expect me to like do something like go out or hit the gym when i reach home at 8+/9... And though i like reading too i much prefer playing Tf2 with my friends. Besides being a fun game, the people i play with make it all the more addictive..

every addicted person says this

Russ: You organise la, last time also puzz was the organizer...

Cobalt: I've stopped for 6 months during my IGCSEs, before important days (exams, 6am class etc)

In my course (Hospitality & Tourism) I had 2 modules, one on Service and one Culinary Course which starts at 6.30am but you've got to go there early to change, etc

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Do you think you will ever stop playing video games when you're starting to work full-time; or as a high-earning but also constantly-busy job?

Will video games be one of the first few that you will drop from your life or will you always make time for video games unless it involves relationships/work?

Got back early from work today~

Mame: In 5 years, i'll probably be in uni i think? Local or foreign i'm not too sure yet.

As for gaming Idk man, I really enjoy gaming and i know quite a number of people with stable jobs and commitments but are still able to squeeze in gaming while making time for other things. Like Spammah would say it all boils down to time management and if you enjoy something you'll go through any means to make time for it..

I would probably slowly phase competitive tf2 out of my life and play games as a social thing.

Cobalt: I find this hard to answer as there are so few teams in the scene now that i have a hard time gauging this. Personally i'd describe my playstyle as 20% aim, 40% teamwork and 40% positioning. Having good position is an automatic advantage especially as a demoman because you're able to survive easily with defensive stickies, or do massive followup damage during pushes.

I try to take as little damage as possible (unless i have to help my teammates in better positions and can do more damage), and focus damaging targets according to the situation. I guess in general, it's about me being in the right places at the right time as a demo.

Some general demoman tips:

- NEVER die. Of course you will, but focus on minimizing deaths while helping your team dish out damage

- Play behind the combo; AF has seen many "Pocket" demos over the seasons, and the disadvantage of this is that the team is severely deprived of heals. Learn the best places to position yourself so that you will not get flanked easily (or able to protect yourself), and either 1) Deny Area, 2) Air-det stickies, 3) Spam Pipes

If there is a demand, i don't mind uploading some of my demos for interested players. Though i make stupid mistakes quite often, you guys can analyze what i did right or wrong, and if the outcome was positive, try and understand why it worked out.

Nata: Next AF bbq, you come with a nicely wrapped 120hz monitor for me and then we'll be in business :P

AGENT C: Stop pretending your phone ringing is the sound made by a washing machine

Yoo sorry for the late replies.

Crulz: Favorite demo? Hmm i don't follow the euro/NA scene until it's close to the LAN period, so i can't say for sure who it is. However i think b4nny is overrated as compared to platinum, who is so much more consistent with his stickies although he has fewer "wow" moments... b4nny's playstyle revolves a lot around being the core of the team, and he takes more heals and his team do more to let him survive, whereas plat is able to play off his team.

I do follow the Aus scene though, and my favorite demo to watch is prime/yuki. Termo has wicked dm but he's too heal dependent.

Anyway for the bbq a certain Teal didn't show up so we had 1 less girl, plus i barely talk to those girl pubbers so i can't invite them! Next BBQ will probably be in LATE JAN, so i'll promote it by saying Crulz will be serenading us all with his guitar skills :P

obv: What condescending mr dancer