This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Summer

Summer - AMA

Hello guys, Summer here. Forums have been pretty silent and I feel like entertaining some questions, whether they are personal or regarding tf2.

Ask me anything! I will entertain certain troll questions too!

I started comp tf2 around mid 2010, with a team called Syck. We got 2nd in our first season which was a pretty decent achievement

His hair has gone through many awkward transormations over the years, in order to mimic his teenage years of angst and changes or whatever...

He would have no hair from next Monday on though

Why is the AsiaFortress forums "pretty silent" lately, and was it your fault?

If so, are you trying to rectify your mistakes by this thread, or as temporary consolidation for your guilt?

have you ever had a dream that you had you'd you wit you could you'll do you wit you want you could do so you want him to do you so much you could do anything?

• Like 3

SO MANY REPLIES:

Wolfcape and Dov: WTF are u guys saying lol

Obv: No, because you didn't manage to convince that shitty teacher of yours to let you guys perform in Dec

Lexxy: I'm sad because i just went through the NS medical and i'm dreading actually going for the real thing. It's unnerving and you feel so small and forced to conform no matter how shitty they treat you...

Kuma: After scrims, make it a point to find out what you did well or didn't do well, and talk about it before everyone just disappears. Another one of the things i've heard the most from better players is to watch their own demos and of others but if you find it to mundane, i guess watching competitive games and trying to understand their decisions would be good enough. Lastly i've heard countless times that MGE is useless but it really isin't. Tf2 is a game which requires you to kill people after all, and having good aim and survivability is always a good thing. Just don't forget that winning is a team effort and not play selfishly.

SO MANY REPLIES:

Wolfcape and Dov: WTF are u guys saying lol

Obv: No, because you didn't manage to convince that shitty teacher of yours to let you guys perform in Dec

Lexxy: I'm sad because i just went through the NS medical and i'm dreading actually going for the real thing. It's unnerving and you feel so small and forced to conform no matter how shitty they treat you...

Kuma: After scrims, make it a point to find out what you did well or didn't do well, and talk about it before everyone just disappears. Another one of the things i've heard the most from better players is to watch their own demos and of others but if you find it to mundane, i guess watching competitive games and trying to understand their decisions would be good enough. Lastly i've heard countless times that MGE is useless but it really isin't. Tf2 is a game which requires you to kill people after all, and having good aim and survivability is always a good thing. Just don't forget that winning is a team effort and not play selfishly.

it will be okay my son for you have my support

in your opinion, who was the better soldier in our team, Lid or Aycan?

SHIET JUST GOT REAL

Also, how does one go about surviving gran mid?

Both had their good and bad points... Lid had solid aim but not enough experience, Aycan's shotgun does only 3 damage and he didn't like to talk LOL. Looking back to that point in time, we were new to the game with no knowledge on strats and different types of advantages and how to use them, and we won't most of our games solely on dm and having the basic knowledge of "GUYS MED DOWN PUSH NOWNOWNOWNWO"

And to survive gran mid, just don't cluster behind the crates. Everyone must do their job to win the teamfight. Demo puts out enough damage at mid to prevent their combo from +fwding, scouts focus on tracking and poking whenever possible, but don't rush in stupidly for picks because they're not as expendable as people think they are (fastest speed, more cap speed, good vs soldiers and demos), Roaming Soldiers don't stay on the leftmost crate because that's where the spam usually comes in, and the opponent soldier would just bomb them. Either try working a pick off the scouts baiting, create opportunity early on with an aggro jump, or delay the jump to spam down onto the point. Pocket just follows up damage and protects the med from spam.

Most important thing is to be able to adapt and find ways to get kills or advantages. Also press tab often...

Now that you have an Asiafortress title, how do you feel both about your personal accomplishments and the community? I mean the reality is you are actually pretty good at this game and have "deserved" (on the quality of your individual play) a title for a long while. This season was a little more muted than the explosive last season, but again we had a solid final with a result which was pretty emphatic for the community. This is all the more relevant because of the trashtalking sectors of the community who have managed to do fuck all against the big guns of the community (aka nata/hcaz/xe or random australian mixes with some high div1 players snow amril + underrated guys like fat etc).

PS: "OH GOD I HAVE ONE MORE THING IN COMMON WITH SPAMMAH I MUST JUMP A WINDOW" is not an acceptable answer, even if it is a correct one.

Now that you have an Asiafortress title, how do you feel both about your personal accomplishments and the community? I mean the reality is you are actually pretty good at this game and have "deserved" (on the quality of your individual play) a title for a long while. This season was a little more muted than the explosive last season, but again we had a solid final with a result which was pretty emphatic for the community. This is all the more relevant because of the trashtalking sectors of the community who have managed to do fuck all against the big guns of the community (aka nata/hcaz/xe or random australian mixes with some high div1 players snow amril + underrated guys like fat etc).

PS: "OH GOD I HAVE ONE MORE THING IN COMMON WITH SPAMMAH I MUST JUMP A WINDOW" is not an acceptable answer, even if it is a correct one.

When you mentioned drama, I was hoping for more than the two first sentences of your post. Your edit does not disappoint.

With regards to the most recent season, I thought it was more exciting overall(the matches that were watchable) than last season, with the exception of a few matches. Also take into account the number of div 1 teams registered both seasons was the same, on top of which there were solid performances from all but two, and last season there were dropouts. Last season's semi-finals were unbeatable, and even though LSD vs. eXp was very close, I'll give it to last time's semis.

when will you stop playing this game and start to nurture real life skill such as cooking and making fire

no really when will you stop playing this game

• Like 6

Ugh fucking long day at work... let's see now.

Yukari: Of course it feels good winning the title, especially against a really strong team, but i still don't feel at ease because of the doubters saying stuff like "oh he joined lsd just for the glory..." and technically i only played in 3 matches, with one being a loss, and the other a draw. And i'm not that good at this game yet, though i know am once i get recognition from the fresh blood and foreigners.

As for the community in general, sure we have more players now, but how many are actually interested in competitive tf2? IIRC there were at least 2 pugs and a full MGE server while the grand finals was ongoing, and we probably had like only 30+ specs tops? Really irks that there is a lack of interest from the members of the community, and there is little support for their fellow members. There just isin't the same hype and bonding as before.

There is also an astounding lack of teams not just in the SG scene, but in most of Asia. Most of the top Kr players have entered army, the Japanese have only about 3 active teams, and SG only has 2 at the moment. The biggest reason for this is probably the lack of incentives for participating in competitions. Day after day, people just play mindless pugs and scrims but they do not receive anything in return... While on the topic, most new players are just happy playing amongst themselves, and for this reason alone i do not see most of them going far within the scene because there is no drive and passion to play the game well as compared to the days of V-Co etc. I'm fucking sleepy so i can't construct proper sentences and structure. :(

Gema: Will quit when i have other priorities. I can stop this game anytime i want to when i have more important things to do, but after a long working day you can't expect me to like do something like go out or hit the gym when i reach home at 8+/9... And though i like reading too i much prefer playing Tf2 with my friends. Besides being a fun game, the people i play with make it all the more addictive..

Candice: Because Queensland was cold :(

Cam: Biz park... CHICKEN CHOP ONLY WEDGES! And you've gotta by the drinks because they're cheap and the owners are so damn nice to you