This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
natapon

AsiaFortress Academy 3 Ask-Us-Anything thread.

The current season is already underway. IIRC the hk players do organise highlander mixes from time to time (sometimes stacked though). I've been out of the loop for quite some time already, but unless you're already friends with a team leader or participant, looks like you're out of luck for now. gl finding a team ^____^

Thank you qjyap!

I've added And about to ask questions and stuff. (Hes a super nice guy!) I think I might consider joining the AF cup div 3. What exactly is Asia Fortress Academy? Is it like lower level pugs? I want to get some experience in the asian scene.

Thanks,

tokyo

Thank you qjyap!

I've added And about to ask questions and stuff. (Hes a super nice guy!) I think I might consider joining the AF cup div 3. What exactly is Asia Fortress Academy? Is it like lower level pugs? I want to get some experience in the asian scene.

Thanks,

tokyo

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Asia Fortress Academy(AFA) is a session thing like a competitive tf2 SCHOOL, which u will have the opportunity to learn about the basic mechanics of your intended class (scout, soldier, demoman OR medic). as far as i have been informed, AFA will be conducted in 1. Q&A session, 2. match/6v6/try out session

1. Q&A session

you will get to ask ur mentors anything u are unclear/u want to know, and ur mentors will try their best to clarify any uncertainty u have, so this is more of a theoretical class on basic gamesense and metagame

2. match/6v6/try out session

you will be assigned to teams and get to play a pick up game (PUG), which u can finally test what u have learnt and put them into practise. mentors will be spectating at the same time providing critiques/suggestions/verbal abuse(joking) in the same mumble as you are, trying to get u improve

this is different from wt u have mentioned 'low level pugs', as there will be mentors correcting ur mistakes and leading u, while the real 'low level pugs' may take place anytime, even a normal pug u see every day could be a low level pug so it really depends

if u would like to test the water u are always welcomed to join any pugs that happen every day, mostly starting from evening till midnight, one way to improve urself is to spectate games and learn from players, if u dont get picked dont get discouraged, spectate and learn, what ppl did, why they did so, etc etc

u are always welcomed to form ur own team/join any existing team and participate in the next AFC, yet if u are new to the asian scene, i would definitely recommend u to join our AFA first before u commit urself in any official competition, this is more likely to give u a higher chance in having a better performance in AFC, or even winning a prize

ps. pls be more casual and dont reply like writing a letter hue

I have a bit of a worry

I was watching a UGC video on how to create a team etc and it says you need a server to use on the day of your match.

Obviously I don't host my own server so where do I find these. I also need to STVs which I heard are easy to get from asia fortress if you use their servers. Where can I find/make a booking for the servers provided for people? Caldoran says their easy to get and i'm all worried.

Thanks

I have a bit of a worry

I was watching a UGC video on how to create a team etc and it says you need a server to use on the day of your match.

Obviously I don't host my own server so where do I find these. I also need to STVs which I heard are easy to get from asia fortress if you use their servers. Where can I find/make a booking for the servers provided for people? Caldoran says their easy to get and i'm all worried.

Thanks

nope you don't need a server. You could always just hop onto the hsp.hk highlander server or something. I ran two teams in Highlander UGC and for a while we just used the public ugc servers lying around. Asia Fortress does have easier access to STV's through a website Natapon set up (Asiafortress Servers) , but I'm sure other servers also record them, as long as you ask the right admins.

You should keep in mind that AFA is focused on 6's. HL is not something that most of us play, but I personally have some experience in it. To be perfectly honest though, most of the better HL players are from Korea and Japan, so it's hard to communicate with them and our meta game is still quite undeveloped.

Thanks for the valuable input, this actually really helped!

I'm making this team with a bunch of friends but I don't really have enough for a whole team. Do people from singapore tend to do 6s or HL more? I think i'll be able to find people who speak english or at least enough. Am I truly doomed language wise? Thank you again for your reply its extremeley helpful. Hopefully I can get everything I need sorted out before winter season.

Thanks

I'm very curious to know if I'm doomed language wise

Thanks for the valuable input, this actually really helped!

I'm making this team with a bunch of friends but I don't really have enough for a whole team. Do people from singapore tend to do 6s or HL more? I think i'll be able to find people who speak english or at least enough. Am I truly doomed language wise? Thank you again for your reply its extremeley helpful. Hopefully I can get everything I need sorted out before winter season.

Thanks

I'm very curious to know if I'm doomed language wise

there's a lot of players in both 6's and HL. English is pretty much the main language in Asia anyways, so you'll be okay. Even a lot of us HK people at least speak broken english :)

Don't worry, when you pug and meet more people, you will find that there are a lot of new players like you who want to form a team.