This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
hcaz

AF Amateur Cup

i'm thinking of running a double elim cup for the non pro teams.

all the pro teams will be barred from this cup. maybe an exemption for 1 pro player per team.

hey new players, what are you thoughts?!

• Like 1

round-table discussion between clan leaders to form a collective opinion to decide the line between pro and amateur.

quick question, are there at least 8 amateur teams that would play?

round-table discussion between clan leaders to form a collection opinion to decide the line between pro and amateur.

quick question, are there at least 8 amateur teams that would play?

I'm inclined to say no at the moment, but there have been a lot of new players trying 6v6 recently.

round-table discussion between clan leaders to form a collective opinion to decide the line between pro and amateur. quick question, are there at least 8 amateur teams that would play?

depends on what amateur would be, but in all honesty i dont think it can hit 8, maybe 4? sad to say that might even be tight

One of you reach out to eXtine or any other influential TF2 celeb and have him do a 5 minute talking session about an Asiafortress amateurs cup so all his asian followers are inclined to give it a try.

We could probably get sal to talk about it, or get sal to talk to extine. Sal will almost always listen to his followers on twitter/ comments on his youtube videos or whatever.

This is good, sandvichfort might do a better job at promoting this though, since they cater more to pubbers + new players

SVF doesn't run 6v6 comps afaik

you're very ill-informed about SVF. SVF doesn't cater only to pubbers or new players. they run highlander comps, prop hunt, fun events like their upcoming kritzkast lo-fi offclass cup which caters to EVERYONE including noobs like you.

don't have to generalize

• Like 1

Oh god, sandvichfort. Why the hell was a second website made in an already suffering TF2 community in Asia? Why can't everyone just pool in their resources and time and effort and help build up one project together to the benefit of all? I swear to god, the shit some of you guys do and fuck things backwards 5 years, I'll never understand.

• Like 3

you live in the middle east, you're 50 years behind by default.

SVF is already more than a year old and they are well established and they are already working together with AF now stop talking about shit that happened a decade ago. get with the times old man.

• Like 2

Shut up phailcunt. Who the hell cares if SVF is more than a year old (which I doubt they are)? They popped up AFTER Asiafortress, didn't they? So you fail to grasp or understand anything I've said.

Also I'm not the one in a satay-making country with totalitarian-like retarded laws and policies that makes whatever's happening in KSA look like a mellow high school TV drama. With the exception of a state or two, my country's pretty liberal on most sensible things in life. :)

Get with the times you ignorant little gypsy.

So what if they were founded after or before?

You are whinging about stuff that happened a year ago and instead of trying to work out things that has already been done, Instead you post meaningless shit in the forums to prove what? You're not even close after trying to rectify the situation but to just stir shit up for nothing. That is backward thinking.

My solution/suggestion : Work with what we have today/now. Stop whinging.

I felt sort of the same way about SVF as spammah does until I realised that they're not splitting up the community, but providing an avenue(intentionally or not is irrelevant) for people that may be intimidated by the AF scene to get in with more experience/recognition than new guys who just wander into 6v6 and have no idea what to do, who then get discouraged because no one knows them from anywhere else and never help them out.

When some of the HighLander guys started playing PuGs recently, they at least had enough gamesense(barring medic) to play competently and didn't get completely raged at the way new 6v6'ers get raged at by everyone.

So my stance on SVF; their events may not always appeal to me personally, but I think their efforts to give Asian TF2 another strong community(one that will possibly be less apprehensive about getting into 6v6) are great.

Wouldn't it be a great idea if everything was consolidated together? Best of both worlds all in one site.

Just saying. But what's done is done, so we're just gotta move on.

Shut up phailcunt. Who the hell cares if SVF is more than a year old (which I doubt they are)? They popped up AFTER Asiafortress, didn't they? So you fail to grasp or understand anything I've said. Also I'm not the one in a satay-making country with totalitarian-like retarded laws and policies that makes whatever's happening in KSA look like a mellow high school TV drama. With the exception of a state or two, my country's pretty liberal on most sensible things in life. :) Get with the times you ignorant little gypsy.

hey fuck you satay is delicious motherfucker

OK... Maybe I should break it down in bullet points. Clearly someone's not getting the message.

1. After checking and confirming this with some ppl, they were founded shortly after AFA.

2. Nothing I said constitutes as whinging. L2R

3. Stirring shit up is exactly how things are rectified sometimes. L2RealLife.

4. The current situation with two community sites, one of which is founded on some stupid assumptions and some mutual misconceptions, is sad, and burying/ignoring it is backwards thinking. :)

5. Being an armchair warrior is awesome!

kushh: I love satay too :-(

your solution : talk shit about another community

my solution : work with them

AF and SVF are already working together as we speak. there is no need to go on a circlejerk frenzy

Guest QJYap

plenty of asiafortress trolls around that kinda discourage not-so-skillful players

svf is much more welcoming imo

I feel that in all honesty the skill gap between players is pretty large in AF. o.o And the community is pretty exclusive.

Additional psychological effect on the players interested in trying out comp scene, deterring them.

Nonetheless, I think the idea of an amateur cup is great. :D If the timing of the competition (some new players are not ready to commit all their time) and other stuff are settled, and publicity is done successfully (really entice players, scout for pubstars who are interested in trying out comp), I do not see why we won't have 8 teams. Or more. .__.

I think ultimately more can be done to attract new players and grow the community. Our community is undeniably small. D:

• Like 1