This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
Hackasaures

Is there a way to quickly switch between huds with a config?

you need to understand, the hud files are in use and constantly refreshed in the game as it runs, changing something in use by the system is difficult, if not impossible, its just like trying to rename a word document you are currently running

i suggest you do not get your hopes up, instead, try out new huds to find a suitable one

you need to understand' date=' the hud files are in use and constantly refreshed in the game as it runs, changing something in use by the system is difficult, if not impossible, its just like trying to rename a word document you are currently running

i suggest you do not get your hopes up, instead, try out new huds to find a suitable one

[/quote']

It's possible to switch out certain elements of a HUD. A simple example would be HUDs that can swap out 6v6 scoreboards with 12v12 e.g. broesel.

I could be mistaken, but if I'm not I can easily get to work and start scripting again.

its still very very hard to swap the entire hud using scripting alone :(

I think... I might give it a shot. I understand how Broesel's works but now I need a way to activate the switch. Broesel's uses a script through the menu during pause, it won't be automatic but it's still a good solution.

its still very very hard to swap the entire hud using scripting alone :(

I think... I might give it a shot. I understand how Broesel's works but now I need a way to activate the switch. Broesel's uses a script through the menu during pause' date=' it won't be automatic but it's still a good solution.

[/quote']

jyjy

Just a quick check up though. Which aspect of both HUDS do you like?

It's possible to merge the 2 and pick features to your liking rather then start with this cross HUD script. Would seem easier.

And thx for the support Darkie. Know any scripting yourself btw?

I actually just want KNHUD to show if I'm Red or Blu... I honestly keep forgetting and I always die because of it :P

Like having a picture of what class/team I'm playing on.

Oh well HELL That's loads easier then switching between HUDs in-game.

I'll work on it buddy.

pvhud has the option of using custom files

Technically all HUDs allow custom files, it's just that PVHUD gives you a GUI to do it.

@Hacka What say if I tried to re add the class you are playing as above say the number of HP you have left. since when it shows the class it shows your team colour as well?

e.g. You play as scout, pic of red scout above your health.

EDIT: Just finished it, I'm in college right now though so I haven't managed to test it. If it works I'll put it up here by today.

Preview here

Here you go 8).

I originally put the Player class above the health but since KNHUD puts the health in the middle I found it blocking a lot so i left it in the bottom left corner:>

Link is over here:soldier:

Hope it's enough for ya :oni:

This is GREAT! I love you man!

Could you tell me which file you edited? So I can be sure to not replace it when updating the HUD?

Hey no problem bro 8).

The whole HUD is in there, so just replace your resources and scripts folder with this one 8).\

The file I edited was HUDPlayerclass.res

Hope it's enough yeah?

Anything techie or script-like you can ask me so PM whenever:oni:

This is GREAT! I love you man!

Could you tell me which file you edited? So I can be sure to not replace it when updating the HUD?

Hey no problem bro 8).

The whole HUD is in there' date=' so just replace your resources and scripts folder with this one 8).\

The file I edited was HUDPlayerclass.res

Hope it's enough yeah?

Anything techie or script-like you can ask me so PM whenever:oni:

[/quote']

Can you do something for me? I want m0reshud font changed for the HP and ammohud. to something frankenhud-ish

Oh boy, I can do it Lil Pro but just be in detail on exactly what you want.

Last night you pinged me on steam wanting a lot of things, is it just the font you need now?

Oh boy' date=' I can do it Lil Pro but just be in detail on exactly what you want.

Last night you pinged me on steam wanting a lot of things, is it just the font you need now?

[/quote']

HP and Ammo count with the COOLVETI font (included with m0reshud)

and if you can, I want the ammo count (all 3 weapons ammo) on top of mah screen. but keep the ammo count at the right side too. can ya do it? :L

and if you can' date=' I want the ammo count (all 3 weapons ammo) on top of mah screen. but keep the ammo count at the right side too. can ya do it? :L

[/quote']

Coolveti font is possible. Ammo count of all 3 weapons... I am unaware if that's physically possible.:3.

Moving the ammo box is possible. And which HUD do you want me to mod? Just mod MoresHUD? 8).

You're not my team mate so I wouldn't build one for scratch just for ya :P

and if you can' date=' I want the ammo count (all 3 weapons ammo) on top of mah screen. but keep the ammo count at the right side too. can ya do it? :L

[/quote']

Coolveti font is possible. Ammo count of all 3 weapons... I am unaware if that's physically possible.:3.

Moving the ammo box is possible. And which HUD do you want me to mod? Just mod MoresHUD? 8).

You're not my team mate so I wouldn't build one for scratch just for ya :P

m0rehud with HP cross.

So basically MoreHUD with cross on the top right for ammo count?

nvm all that I said before, now lets just have the ammo count and m0rehud with cross at the left side stacking up on each other with some space between.