This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
basalt

Removing bullets coming out of gun barrel and sparks etc

hi guys was wondering if this is possible, i want to have the same effect as using viewmodel_fov 0 but still want the viewmodel of my gun.

viewmodel_fov 0 is equivalent to having r_drawviewmodel 0 except without the bullets coming out when u fire and sparks removed. But i was wondering can u just remove the sparks and bullets and still have the scattergun on your screen ? =/ like it'll probably be something to do with the graphics.

i know this isn't major and it won't affect my play but i just like the visual effect of it.

can anyone help pls ? =D really appreciate if you did !

From what I'm aware. Those bullets are coded into the viewmodel as is, You can't remove the bullets without editing the particle files, which of course is not allowed in any competitive format.

I can easily give you the bullet particle with the bullets removed but you will not be able to enter any competitive server with these particles, even if you manage to enter the server will force you to use the official particles which will contain the bullets.

Good luck mate, hit me up if you're willing to disable the viewmodel entirely. If that's the case then it's easy to remove the bullets as well.

thanks for the reply =D sry i gave up on this thread long ago so i didn't check back anymore. Im using viewmodels now (70) decided that since i keep turning it back on after i disable it, that i liked the viewmodels too much anyways.