This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
FredKillar

Replay Problem

Hey guys.... I ahve been saving replays and i want to edit them but when i click on the button, it says go to console to see problem..... I went to the console and they say that there isn't enough blocks to save the replays. I don't understand the meaning by blocks but can some one help? Thanks

Hey guys.... I ahve been saving replays and i want to edit them but when i click on the button' date=' it says go to console to see problem..... I went to the console and they say that there isn't enough blocks to save the replays. I don't understand the meaning by blocks but can some one help? Thanks

[/quote']

Blocks are what TF2 refers to as parts of a replay. There are 2 ways this error can occur:

1) The replay was downloading and you quit tf2 halfway leaving a corrupted replay file as the server doesn't store replays forever for you to redownload when you restart tf2.

2) The replay is old and no longer can be run with the current updated engine of tf2.

Solutions

To the 1st there really isn't one besides making sure that your connection is stable and that the replay is downloaded before you exit your game.

To the second you should back up you teamfortressmaterials and library gcfs to rerun old replays per update. simply replace the new ones with a backup and turn off steam tf2 autoupdate temporarily while you output your replay, then let tf2 update itself to the latest version when you want to play online again.