This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
pharg

I have a few questions.

how should i work on my tracking?

when do i know when to leak and when to hold as a scoot?

leak when your team is at a disadvantage, (player disadv, uber disadv)

dont fail leak and fail to make med pop like bran

lower sens for tracking, i lowered mine from 3.0 to 0.3 over the span of a month. 0.1 drop every day.

as for when to leak, leak when they ain't focused on you, if you leak in plain view you're just going to get shot down. going behind enemy lines can mean two things: you leak and you get something, or you distract them long enough for your team to regain ground or advantage, or you die and your team is one player down, and that usually means an uncovered flank or a push by opponents.

for me, i leak only when i need to give my team some sort of time/advantage, while at the same time trying my best to keep track of respawn timers so i can die and respawn and get back in the fight ASAP. scouts shouldn't be focusing on 'leaking' as much as 'holding flanks/providing cover/providing the necessary additional damage/cleaning up'

yuko what sens do you use as soldier? i was playing today and accidentally left my sens on 1. usually i use 1.47 but i noticed i could use shotgun more efficiently with 1 sens but i'm worried that if i use a new sens my rocket aim might be off because i aim alot by instinct and reflex rather than actual aiming.

yuko what sens do you use as soldier? i was playing today and accidentally left my sens on 1. usually i use 1.47 but i noticed i could use shotgun more efficiently with 1 sens but i'm worried that if i use a new sens my rocket aim might be off because i aim alot by instinct and reflex rather than actual aiming.

if you aim by instinct then you will never can consistently outdm people' date=' tracking is king [b']unless [/b]your consistency when reflex aiming is good.

I CHANGED IT

i think someone might have changed it

i think someone might have changed it

that makes sense. wonder who..

thanks deliaren!

how should i work on my tracking?

when do i know when to leak and when to hold as a scoot?

when to leak and when not to.

Ask yourself if you are a defensive scout or aggressive scout.

Defensive scouts play near to the combo and keeps the threats at bay for the combo.

Aggressive scouts moves forward but not more that the distance of half a control point to mop up the place after the team has done damage. Or to help take away some focus fire off the combo by distracting the enemy.

lower ur sens as much as humanly possible then start playing. ull suck for a bit then ull get better.

as for leaking, again THINK what are you leaking for? typical situation u are at 1 scout advantage, both you and your partner push hard at flank and try to break through to kill the other scout, now you 'leaked' behind and you force them to give up whatever their holding or take a v defensive spot.

if they have 2 scouts up and you know their roamer likes to hang around their scouts to help, whats the point of 'sneaking' past a sticky trap in plain view then getting 2 shot to death instantly. use your brain and think who on the other team reacts to a 'leak' or how your team should. if the reaction is - yo retard scout leak scouts go kill him fast then its a useless attempt. if the reaction is oh fuck i lost my flank my demo might go down in 3 seconds then you accomplished something.

and please if you leak dont just walk into me trying to +fwd the medic ill take it as an insult and splatter u. hang around, dont get killed, win ur 1 v1 scout dms, and get under the enemy's skin and u just did well.

When do you leak or whatever is too general a question.

You either have advantage or you don't. Your decisions should be made about you are fighting, you are fighting and what advantage or disadvantage you have - and yes, this means each situation is (gasp) different!.

As you know, you'd expect having a scout advantage attacking spire on badlands or attacking snakewater last with demo advantage + uber disadvantage should be.