This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
spammah

AFL2 Map Picking

As the topic says. Please re-produce what you've suggested in the Mumble orgy here in text.

Priss, you suggested something of the sort of odd/even weeks with a map limit. Please elaborate it again in a post if you could.

Maps list:

Odd Weeks:

cp_granary

cp_freight

cp_gullywash

cp_yukon_final

cp_well

Even Weeks:

cp_badlands

cp_follower

cp_obscure_rc2

cp_prolane_v3 ---> cp_prolane (final version)

odd week with odd number of maps (5) and even week with even number of maps (4) :D

Maps list:

Odd Weeks:

cp_granary

cp_freight

cp_gullywash

cp_yukon_final

cp_well

Even Weeks:

cp_badlands

cp_follower

cp_obscure_rc2

cp_prolane_v3

odd week with odd number of maps (5) and even week with even number of maps (4) :D

The reason why it was 5 maps for odd and 4 maps for even weeks is: We wanted gravel pit in the even week line up initially, but after discussions, gravel pit was removed due to the time length of the game play (might extend to an hour or more) and the game play is significantly different from the rest of the cp maps.

1)

What I suggested, to implement rules such that each team have to play at least 5 of the 9 maps listed by the end of the league. That means, the clan leaders would have to keep track of what maps you have played and be responsible enough so as to not disqualify your team. The reasoning behind it is: we are trying to encourage teams to play more maps besides the usual ones (badlands, granary) without forcing you to chose maps. Meaning, if we are playing 2 maps per game, so as long as your opponent choses another map, you can still chose granary/badlands and still manage to complete 5 maps quota by end of the league.

2)

Another way Spammah thought of implementing it was...

You cannot chose odd/even maps consecutively. Meaning you cannot play Granary on 2 odd weeks in a row. You could chose granary at alternate odd weeks - meaning you can chose Granary - Badlands - Well - Follower - Granary - Badlands - Well - Follower - Granary - Badlands - Well - Follower etc.

Which suggestion do you guys think will be more efficient?

3) Don't control it. If they want to choose granary one week and badlands the next week...it's up to them. We've already engineered the options such that they will be bound to play the other maps because the other team will choose them, any more control is redundant. If they only want/ know how to play granary and badlands, they have a right to pick them. Some of the newer teams will only be familiar with gran/bad and they will be forced by their opponents to play other maps, at least give them a chance to choose something they can be familiar with and master.

somehow i think gravelpit is a very tactical map to play in.

it shouldn't be removed from the map pool.

after playing in round 16 of the OZFL, with the map being cp_gravelpit, i realised how strategic and tactical this particular map can be. so many different ways to attack / defend. so many sentry spots, or you might not even field an engineer at all. it's one of the more liked maps amongst aussies - and i can begin to see why too. defending B would require a good height advantage control etc, defending A would require much more compact team awareness etc.

just my 2 cents, gravelpit shouldn't be removed despite its potential into taking too long to complete.

Yes we did. gravelpit is out of round robin but in playoffs.

spoken to bran, all worked out. Unless anyone else has suggestion to make?

yeahhh!

where the fucks the thread to sign up for admin beech

PM spammah la. Read through the forums, you'd find a small chunk somewhere that reads "PM/Steam msg me regarding admin issues" or something to that effect.

I like to suggest koth_viaduct. The biggest problem of it at the moment is the MINDSET that many have of it being solely a "PUB" map. However, it should be noted that the North Americans in ESEA, are playing this map and their competitive community are very receptive to it.

dude. half the players don't even know obscure' date=' follower and gullywash and now you wanna play viaduct??

[/quote']

QFT

Keep throwing your suggestions in here people. If we just decide to screw it and roll with a slightly flawed map pick system, it's because we didn't know or hadn't been made aware of a better fairer solution. Time is of the essence. Get your ideas and opinions in here ASAP.

I think what cleric said the other day is fine. Just let teams pick whatever maps. With the current system of odd and even weeks, they will eventually be forced to play at least 5 of the maps anyway (i think?)