This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Memory Score

Please add Pyros to the allowed classes in MGE

http://www.reddit.com/r/westtoo/comments/g1g4w/mge_mod_we_got_ya_covered/c1k8glw

If for some reason you can't see the above link, it's

Right in the config file:

//"classes" "soldier demoman scout sniper" 
// Allowed classes for this arena. if player's class not allowed then player will be switched to first allowed class

Just have to add pyro.

Why Pyro? Simple. I main it (along with Medic, Soldier), and personally, I think my Pyro skills could give the average Soldier in MGE a run for their money. Soldier v.s. Soldier gets repetitive as hell. Scout v.s. Scout is a little better, but I'll probably get RSI fast. Am I saying I'm better? Maybe. I'd just like a chance to prove myself is all.

Also: https://www.google.com/search?q=pyro+%22MGE%22+tf2&qscrl=1

Lol feedback to the people at MyGamingEdge.com And personally i think a smart soldier would destroy a pyro.

Imagine gran mid or last, where the soldier has the height advantage on pipes or crate, or just distancing themselves and using their shotgun.

Even in a map like ammomod a good soldier could finish a pyro with the shotgun. Pyros lack of range is a huge disadvantage, but in scrims they can be used tactically to your advantage to defend ubers like in badlands last, or just rush enemies from the shithouse at mid

Lol feedback to the people at MyGamingEdge.com And personally i think a smart soldier would destroy a pyro.

Imagine gran mid or last' date=' where the soldier has the height advantage on pipes or crate, or just distancing themselves and using their shotgun.

Even in a map like ammomod a good soldier could finish a pyro with the shotgun. Pyros lack of range is a huge disadvantage, but in scrims they can be used tactically to your advantage to defend ubers like in badlands last, or just rush enemies from the shithouse at mid

[/quote']

There's no need for any feedback, you can enable pyro from the config files which is why I quoted the reddit post, and also why I'm making this post here because I frequent Asiafortress's MGE server regularly.

You're forgetting the Detonator, which good pyros know how to use to control range, and the airblast, which is pretty easy for regular rocket launcher speeds.

Pretty sure I would destroy the average soldier with detonator alone (afterburn: 60 damage; minicrit: 122 damage) on gran last due to how open it is. Gran mid is touch and go, but if you think solly as a class is that inherently good... nothing wrong with putting your opinion to the test now is there?

Also lol ammomod lol good pyros shut down soldiers completely with airblast. You do realise you have more HP in ammomod, right? And unlimited ammo? Which means I can spam airblast for every rocket you spam.

Lol memory score i'm not doubting your ability or anything but playing against a good comp soldier is really different from destroying pubbers in golddust and lowyat servers.

And especially in 6v6, when you're just waiting for soldiers to spam you you'll be eating splash stickies, scout chip damage and such without doing any real damage to the enemy

Imagine gran mid or last' date=' where the soldier has the height advantage on pipes or crate, or just distancing themselves and using their shotgun.

[/quote']

There's no need for any feedback, you can enable pyro from the config files which is why I quoted the reddit post, and also why I'm making this post here because I frequent Asiafortress's MGE server regularly.

You're forgetting the Detonator, which good pyros know how to use to control range, and the airblast, which is pretty easy for regular rocket launcher speeds.

Pretty sure I would destroy the average soldier with detonator alone (afterburn: 60 damage; minicrit: 122 damage) on gran last due to how open it is. Gran mid is touch and go, but if you think solly as a class is that inherently good... nothing wrong with putting your opinion to the test now is there?

Also lol ammomod lol good pyros shut down soldiers completely with airblast. You do realise you have more HP in ammomod, right? And unlimited ammo? Which means I can spam airblast for every rocket you spam.

release the THARNOS

AN ANCIENT TITAN HAS AWAKENED

kraken.png

LOL tharnos <3

But yeah, which admin here's in charge of the MGE server? It's a modest proposal that I'm suggesting, but I'd like for it to be implemented as soon as possible.

kraken.png

cant see anything?

your eyes to small liaoz.

at least people can spot my eyes

only thing people ever get to see about you is your teeth small son

kraken.png

cant see anything?

cant understand yellow english sorry

kraken.png

cant see anything?

doubt you would understand it cause no one could ever find you and tell the joke to you

cant see anything?

doubt you would understand it cause no one could ever find you and tell the joke to you

after long tired day at school, this shit made my day :D

+rep for you kind sirs

cant see anything?

didnt know that your creativity pool was as small as your eyes, my bad.

I used to main pyro, and I'm telling you it's not as easy as you think it is.

Same reason why you don't usually see pyros being used in scrims or pugs, because they're extremely situational.

My take on this is that while it wouldn't hurt to have pyros in MGE, it wouldn't make that much of a difference since the pyro is outclassed unless it can get up close, and even then all it takes to kill the pyro would be a rocket to the face, a scattergun blast to aforementioned region, or even-

Point is, that it'll usually fall back into bouts of W+M1ing before long.

Since we're at this why not add medics into MGE then

i suggest for nata to turn on pyro in mgemod and wait for memory to prove benny orange right/wrong

instead of telling people "nah, it can't be done"

why not just let him have a go?