• asiafortress cup 14
thelousy

AFL5 Division Format Poll

Which Division system to you want to be in for AFL5  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which Division system to you want to be in for AFL5

• 2 Division System
    • 3 Division System

As mention in the queries thread, I will be opening a poll to let you guys decide which system you would prefer for AFL5. Please provide some points if you have them as to why you support either system.

Okay here's my 50 ringgit [That's 20SGD for you guys, I think] (because this is after a long thoughtful discussion): I honestly believe that a 2 division system would be better.

Pros:

Division 3 people will learn and we will not digress into some sort of mental inertia due to DM being the winning point in most Division 3 scrims. If us Division 3 people can play with Division 2 teams, sure we'll get steamrolled, but hey, it's not like we don't get steamrolled in Division 3. And if you get steamrolled in Division 2, it's good to know that at least you'll learn something compared to getting steamrolled in Division 3 would be: 'o gais, we nid to dm moar le'

Cons: It might get a little crowded.

These are however, the thoughts of an inexperienced 3-month-pugger so, my points might not be relevant in your opinion.

?r8algd3c4jpnl20Though i dream too much, I would have nightmares if there is a div 3 in the asian scene. If you tell me that we have enough ppl like aussies, we can afford to have up to division 4, BUT NO, THIS IS ASIA Not fisking Australia

tumblr_lq7i1axS6f1r04fkso1_400.gif

?r8algd3c4jpnl20Though i dream too much' date=' I would have nightmares if there is a div 3 in the asian scene. If you tell me that we have enough ppl like aussies, we can afford to have up to division 4, [b']BUT NO, THIS IS ASIA[/b] Not fisking Australia

tumblr_lq7i1axS6f1r04fkso1_400.gif

I once saw two div 4 scouts fighting each other. they ran out of ammo for both scattergun AND pistol, and took about 4 mins to kill the other with a bat. and crits was on. im happy to say even pubbers in asia can beat div 4 guys in Aus..

@mameshiba, I feel 3 divisions is better if they will be implementing relagation/promotion status. Those Div 3 pwners will soon get promoted to div 2, and they will play against people their level. the only thing im scared of is those people in a sort of div 2.5. better than div 3, but worse than div 2. they will float in between the lines, promotion - relegation - promo. so on. that sucks. but if you are implementing only 2 divs, there might be a surge of players, due to the div 3 players mixing with div 2. the number of div 2 players would be almost twice that of div 1, and this will cause big problems in the finals. div 2 will then require extra matches. and the top 3 or 2 of each div would be promoted, the bottom 2 or 3 demoted, and the top 3 for league 1 receive some prize. like hats, or metal or w/e. OR they receive auto-qualification for the next upcoming BIGBIG tourny. not small ones like VSH. i mean big ones like MASTERS.

hi im not really active in the forums but i would just like to contribute my 2 cents worth to the situation.

straight up i support the 3 divs for the upcoming afl because even though as those above me has mentioned, that inexperienced team would still benefit from good competition, TOO strong a competition is rather pointless.

I say this from experience because I AM an inexperience player (i scout) and i've played with teams who are better, much better actually and you really don't take away anything from the scrim because you just get rolled every single time you go to mid. so in the sense u dont get any chance at all to practise your strategies. i dont really just jump straight into the battle as a scout at mid so i can see very clearly what's happening.

so ya i hope caeta implements the promotion system, i think its good to promote teams to a higher division only when they are ready.

thanks =)

Hey all, I'll be putting all these points into consideration when it comes to selecting the number of divisions that are going to be played. Right now it will be tentatively be a 2 division system until I see the number of teams registered after registration closure.

so ya i hope caeta implements the promotion system' date=' i think its good to promote teams to a higher division only when they are ready.

[/quote']

FYI, he is not part of the AFL5 adminstrative team.