This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
thelousy

AFL5 Queries

to add on nata's point on division separation, we will also take into account team experience and individual member's experience in the scrim scene if there are any point of contention when it comes to adjusting the team's divisional status. This is in the case that there is an over-subscription in the stated division in the registration.

Am I the only one who thinks that a new division will hurt the overall skill level in the long run? Besides we hardly have enough teams to make a proper division let alone two. The targeted five teams per division means there will be more winners than losers... I... don't think that is right...

Why don't we make it 2 divs. Slightly more of a slugfest but we did roll with even one division before, and it was still a fun learning experience for the lower skilled teams then.

Am I the only one who thinks that a new division will hurt the overall skill level in the long run? Besides we hardly have enough teams to make a proper division let alone two. The targeted five teams per division means there will be more winners than losers... I... don't think that is right...

Why don't we make it 2 divs. Slightly more of a slugfest but we did roll with even one division before' date=' and it was still a fun learning experience for the lower skilled teams then.

[/quote']

^

The community isn't big enough to warrant a third division. Also if a Division 3 has been set up just to satisfy and segregate the AFA teams into their own world, that's short-term thinking and just delaying the inevitable.

If you group up the AFA teams into Division 2 where everyone plays each other, they will get raped by some opponents and have close games versus others (other AFA teams maybe). Also everybody gets a lot of experience.

Division 3 isn't worth it.

The following reasons as to why I picked a 3 division system might not really make sense cause there are some things I just can't put into words, so I'll try my best to explain.

My initial decision was on the basis of trying to be fair to teams so that they can face teams of equal or close to equal skill levels. I did have thoughts on whether this might fragment the community (I'm assuming most players who pointed this out, are referring to the SG/MY community) further, but at the same time I had to look outside the SEA (or rather SG/MY) region on whether there are any other teams in KR/JP/TW/HK that could possibly have similiar skills levels at Div2/Div3 standards as well.

The next reason as to why I also decided on this was the promotion/relegation system which could be incorporated in future AFL seasons if the division sizes were smaller. This would encourage teams to work harder to get yourself promoted to get to the top, and for the higher division teams to work even harder in preventing themselves from being relegated. It is pretty much like how football leagues run, except without the money.

But of course, since this was raised early which I'm glad it did, I have decided to open a public poll to decide on this matter. Since AsiaFortress League is a league for the Asian community, it would be fitting that the Asian community decide whether or not they would prefer a 2 division system or a 3 division system since you guys are the one participating in it. This is also because, I myself worry about the fragmentation problem which was raised amongst some of you, which was not really brought to my attention during the decision making.

So therefore, please visit this link to decide whether your are with the 3 division idea or against the 3 division idea. It would also be great if you guys can give your opinion on why you picked this, and not say "^" or "cause xxxx said so".

Hi, also kinda new to this

Is this an individual registration, where people form/find teams suited for their skill level, or a team registration where you gather all the teams willing to participate in the tournament?

If it's the latter, please tell me how to get a team!

Team Registration' date=' basically you 1)get picked up by a current team that's around or 2)form your own scrim team.

[/quote']

Just saw the registration thing; just trying to get it right.

Soo... if you don't have a team (which I don't), you post your individual information on there and may or may not get picked by a team, and that team will register for the tournament, ammirite?

I don't understand the part of "Team size has increased to 9 members". Is it all the 9 members play in during the tournament or the 6 members play and the other 3 members are reserves?

Only six players are in a game at once. The other three are subs or reserves.

If you don't have subs then you are forced to use a mercenary which normally isn't very convenient and you can only have one.

I should elaborate better on the merc ruling since kig has mentioned mercs.

3.5 No mercenaries (Substitute player) allowed unless your opponent agrees

You are not allowed to use a merc (player that is not on your lineup) at any time of a match unless your opponent agreed to it. If you do not have enough players for a scheduled match and want to use a merc then make sure you contact the opponent in time. If the opponent agrees (they do not have to) then make sure you write a log of the agreement in the match comments. All mercs have to be registered on AsiaFortress. Teams caught using an unauthorized merc will receive a default loss and a warni

So this means that, mercenaries are players that are registered members of teams participating in AFL5. There will not be any official mercenary list. Also, to use mercenaries, they must be in the same division as the team that is in need of a mercenary player.

I should also add that any teams that are caught using a merc, when their mainstay/subs are actually online will receive an immediate disqualification of that match for dishonesty.

changes made to merc rule:

3.5 No mercenaries (Substitute player) allowed unless your opponent agrees* (changes made as of 21st November 2011)

You are not allowed to use a mercenary (player that is not on your lineup) at any time of a match unless you do not have enough players for a scheduled match and have contacted the opponent in time via the match thread. All mercs have to be registered on AsiaFortress. Teams caught using an unauthorized mercenary will receive a default loss and a warning.

-Mercenaries can only be used during regular season play.

-The use of mercenaries are disallowed in play-off matches.

-Mercenary must be a registered player in the same division for the season.

-Each team can only use a particular mercenary once (one match, 2 maps).

-Teams can only field 1 merc per match (2 maps).

Also kig, you can play outside asiafortress server.

it is the responsibility of both teams that the match be played under certified server conditions. you can request for admins for assistance, but do give ample response time. last minute requests don't usually work well.