This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
HaXxorIzed

ASK ME STUFF

that usually means you have got some fundamentals wrong. setting up properly is important (so go and learn how to set up, there are plenty of guides), without the proper setup you are limiting yourself.

and as benny said mge is just for practice, good for warmup (like ammomod), other than that it's quite meaningless to 6v6 as the mechanics/meta are entirely different.

one good thing though is that you actually tried to play with someone that can destroy you 20 to 3 and that you bothered to come here to ask questions and seek insight. many newer players would avoid playing with such players altogether. you have taken a step in the right direction ;)

• Like 1

that usually means you have got some fundamentals wrong. setting up properly is important (so go and learn how to set up, there are plenty of guides), without the proper setup you are limiting yourself.

and as benny said mge is just for practice, good for warmup (like ammomod), other than that it's quite meaningless to 6v6 as the mechanics/meta are entirely different.

one good thing though is that you actually tried to play with someone that can destroy you 20 to 3 and that you bothered to come here to ask questions and seek insight. many newer players would avoid playing with such players altogether. you have taken a step in the right direction ;)

End of the day, you can't rely on anyone but yourself NoirSuede, so just keep going. Change a few things here and there, change mindset etc with every new MGE duel you play. Keep playing playing playing and if it means you continue to get raped then so be it, that's usually part of the learning process.

The real reason i came here was to use asiafortress as my first taste of comp (the guy who owns the Clamorous team (Xierra's team), recomended me this, but unfortunately AF doesn't have a HL league :( ).

MGE is it's own system seperate from TF2.

I wouldn't worry too much about "losing" there, especially if you are new. You aren't going to be very good. Just keep playing and practicing and see what happens. Keep a bright attitude, don't spend all day in an MGE server and see what happens from there.

I get home late from work these days. Makes attending scrims pretty hard when daylight savings is on. Last season, I was going to play with Winterfall, because I had more free time than I've had for like, 16 months and they were cool with late scrims/organising way in advance. The team didn't make it into owl though.

Haven't even looked at teams this season, was away for almost all the pre-owl time.

I've pretty much stalled in terms of game skill, and I feel I'm actually getting worse. Pubs are just a spam-fest, and playing there won't help me learn much(just look at me now), pugs :are: too high-level for me(really) and AFA is inactive...

Also, sometimes I can do pretty well when I start tf2 for the day, and play my first or second game, but after that it all kinda wobbles and deteriorates. What can I do to change this >>

• Like 1

I've pretty much stalled in terms of game skill, and I feel I'm actually getting worse. Pubs are just a spam-fest, and playing there won't help me learn much(just look at me now), pugs :are: too high-level for me(really) and AFA is inactive...

Also, sometimes I can do pretty well when I start tf2 for the day, and play my first or second game, but after that it all kinda wobbles and deteriorates. What can I do to change this >>

Quite a contradictory post, aloy99. Are you still playing with a shit mouse and shit sensitivity etc?

Search for YouTube videos like this and you might come to certain realizations and improve quicker. Good luck.

Eat healthy, don't play in periods that are too long together, get sleep and have a clear sense of life direction. These things can all get in the way of videogames.

Other than that, your problem is bolded. Either the pickup games in your community are deliberately barring you because you are bad (in which case I suggest you look for alternatives), or you aren't participating because of some preconcieved notion of your own ability. Get over it, quickly. Care less about how other people feel when you fail, and you might actually improve. Getting obliterated every day isn't easy to stomach for most people, but you will improve quickly.

@aloy99

watch more local matches/scrims to understand local metagame then watch more premier division games in other leagues on YouTube and try to understand why those players do what they do.

I can't seem to find any PUG servers in Singapore Area, any help?

I believe Joe has already replied to you. Also note that AF servers have passwords, and you will not be able to browse for them if you 'only display games without passwords'. You may also want to sort games according to alphabetical order so that AF servers appear near the top, if you are still using the browsing method.

according to fuzz findings, fps affects the netcode, capping it may make it feel more consistent for you? i don't cap mine, i too like to live dangerously.

according to fuzz findings, fps affects the netcode, capping it may make it feel more consistent for you? i don't cap mine, i too like to live dangerously.

This post describes the process pretty well.

If my memory of the thread is correct, why it works like this is because the Source engine is a distant relative of the Quake engine. Since the Quake engine was released well before the first commercially available household multi-core processor, it was programmed to run on a single thread, and thus made it necessary to have the rate at which your display outputs frames dependent on the rate at which your computer sent and received packets from the server. This had the added benefit of your frames being rendered to monitor in sync with the packets being sent between your computer and the server.

Early on, TF2 was also a single-threaded process, if I'm not mistaken, and even though it is now a multi-threaded process(3 at max, I believe), the engine code was not completely re-written to make the netcode and rendering processes independent of each other. So while the netcode and rendering may run on different threads on a multi-core system, they're still inherently linked.

Basically, cl_updaterate and cl_cmdrate should always be set at their maximum values of the TF2 dedicated server at 66(which is sadly lower than the newer Source engine games' servers at 100).For an FPS cap, find your highest, stable(framerate should not drop lower than this) multiple of the rates(x*66) and cap your FPS(fps_max x*66) at that value, which will ensure that your packet updates will happen on every frame(or 2nd, 4th, 8th frame as x increases) rendered to your monitor. What this results in is the illusion of "seeing" the results of key-presses, mouse movement, etc in sync with the input of said key-presses and mouse movements.

• Like 1

walk out right shutter, put sticky on right wall, just a little below your crosshair when looking straight (so you jump up), then jump straight (like badlands jump except you dont go down you go up)