This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Otuzi

AFA pugs

It's possible with div.

It's rumoured he has dropped uber on rollout before, because of fall damage. Confirm/deny?

Emir, I have to say, I enjoy reading your essays.

I think we could use another pug server. As of yesterday, people were actually in a queue to join the afa pug server. And choosing teams gets rather insane when it's a full 24 in a server. Trying to form a proper list becomes a nightmare. Players fight for the med captain spot so they can get to play.

Then even after teams are picked, games are horrendously imbalanced because captains didn't pick well. The idea of taking turns to pick is so the teams will be balanced and the games will be fun, right? Ah but I see this problem in the usual pug servers anyway. =/

I'd like to think that these problems are here because there are a lot of new people that don't know what's going on (why didn't they read the rules on this site?), and don't know players, so can't pick well. So the first issue can be fixed by everyone telling their friends to please please read up on some necessary info on the site before joining a pug, and the second will hopefully be resolved as time passes and we all get to know each other and our positions and playstyle.

It's possible with div.

It's rumoured he has dropped uber on rollout before' date=' because of fall damage. Confirm/deny?

[/quote']

confirmed

i think nobody realised but sandvich fortress (ex afa) server bans div1 people from playing there,

k is trying to be nice to us AFA nubs so that our butts will be less sore :D

the afa peepole are improving well,matches are pretty much still balanced (unless medic anyhow pick), so far for today i only saw 2 steamrolls

and i still suck alot :<...dunno why

i think nobody realised but sandvich fortress (ex afa) server bans div1 people from playing there' date='

k is trying to be nice to us AFA nubs so that our butts will be less sore :D

the afa peepole are improving well,matches are pretty much still balanced (unless medic anyhow pick), so far for today i only saw 2 steamrolls

and i still suck alot :<...dunno why

[/quote']

what steamrolls im a noob explain plz

^ +1

i feel we learn more from getting steamrolled then playing with people our level,

after all, it is only when we see the tactics and playstyle of the better players do we learn something we can use in later pugs, if not, its just the same people over and over again playing the same two maps

getting raged/criticised at helps alot imo, it pressures players into remembering the critical points of gameplay

keep telling them its "okay, its okay" and they wont feel the pressure to improve

i dont mind. lols. another thing we have to solve is the players NOT using mumble during pugs. this reallly irritates me. a good/winning game will decide on whether or not the team has good comms/skilllevel w/e.

but i feel comms is really important. should we have a 'no mumble no play' rule? (tabi carried us all the way for the first match) :P