This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
bigfoot

What mouse do you use?

Please include the model of the gaming mouse, brand, additional details (brand, dpi, whatever) and your experience with it. :D

Steelseries Xai, good all-around ergonomic mouse. Fits my hand pretty well and has some kind of inbuilt driver for profiles (although i don't tweak much). I like the looks as well.

Previous mouse was Razer Salmosa, good for a while but pretty shitty once the plastic feet got worn off.

I use the Ikari Laser, because i got it for free :D Like the Xai it has the inbuilt profile changer which i use to alternate between high and low sens (For games like cs)

My version is the older one which does not have a plastic grip, but more rubbery which has worn out and now the mouse is slippery... It's a pretty wide and heavy mouse, but i've gotten used to it.

High -2000 DPI

in-game 2

Low - 800 DPI

Hai, moved to off-topic.

i use a razer deathadder (3500dpi), which i got as a birthday present :D :D i love how gorgeous it looks, with the glowing logo and everything (yeah im a sucker for this kinda thing) One thing i dont like is the plastic part of the mouse though, it just sorta feels like cheap flimsy plastic (even though it's not). The plastic part also tends to get damn greasy after awhile cos my hands sweat alot during games...

before that i used some 20 dollar mouse so getting a real gaming mouse felt really great and helped up my game :D

Steelseries Xai' date=' good all-around ergonomic mouse. Fits my hand pretty well and has some kind of inbuilt driver for profiles (although i don't tweak much). I like the looks as well.[/quote']

@ 1600DPI

= 0.7 in game

6/11 windows

You don't need more than 1600DPI, but it feels so sweet in your hand.

Earlier used an IE 3.0 which was sweet, never had a better mouse (side buttons were always dodgy though). Switched to a Deathadder which was pretty good but used only 400 DPI as 1800 DPI was too much for me. Currently on cheap Logitech wireless mouse :(

razer deathadder 3500

450 dpi

6/11 windows

3/10 razer sens

0.6 ingame sens

well, its better than the salmosa imo.

Steelseries has the better "mice" in terms of quality and life span in my opinion.

I have been using Xai by Steelseries cause of its profiling features. I often play many games which requires different amount of DPI such as Starcraft 2 for Micro managements. On the other hand, TF2 requires a much lower mouse sensitivity for precision. Previously, I've used IE 1.1 by Steelseries as well for 4years, low DPI mouse.

Just my input on mouse choices don't hate on me Razer fans xD

lachesis, not shitty right?

6k dpi, ingame sensitivity of 6

isit just me or is my mouse way too fast....

everytime i wan to snipe a heavy i always miss by 1 or 2mm, dunno why

1st Gen MX518

same same.

mouse accel

razer something mousepad

you play with mouse accel? isn't that supposedly not good for aiming?

1st Gen MX518

same same.

mouse accel

razer something mousepad

you play with mouse accel? isn't that supposedly not good for aiming?

yeah' date=' its supposedly bad for aiming but due to the fact that you could not control the amount of accelleration. with the previous update of having raw input and custom mouse acceleration i can now control the amount of accel that i want. the reason why i use it is for better air control, dodging and the ability of looking around without using much mouse movement since i am a flick mouse user.

the ozfort discussion on topic

have fun tweaking

lachesis' date=' not shitty right?

6k dpi, ingame sensitivity of 6

isit just me or is my mouse way too fast....

everytime i wan to snipe a heavy i always miss by 1 or 2mm, dunno why

[/quote']

:@ I use lachesis, sens of 1.6k, in-game of 1.9. Dude, at your setting on this mouse its a wonder you can hit anything at all!

I had a high sens which was good for making close-range shots on scouts and stuff, but the fact of the matter was I couldn't hit other heavies or snipers - i.e. sad. Try lowering it...

Yeah just tweak your mouse until its comfortable, I've used drastically higher dpi and ingame settings (1600 dpi, 10 ingame) to much lower (900, 1.5). Soldiers need twitch aim but too much is bad :P

no mouse sensitivity is perfect, it's just how much you'd like to move the mouse

higher dpi does not mean 1 mouse is better, choosing the feel of the mice is always better

I used to play in 5600 dpi and 3.0 sens

before I tried tweaking and finally sticking with a 1600 dpi and 0.7 sens (very drastic)

Yeah just tweak your mouse until its comfortable' date=' I've used drastically higher dpi and ingame settings (1600 dpi, 10 ingame) to much lower (900, 1.5). Soldiers need twitch aim but too much is bad Tongue[/quote']

for me i like to use the whole mousepad to play so even infact i run out of mousepad space to move on