Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
ceemie

Team Cataclysmic Interview

Do you want to see more interviews?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see more interviews?

Hey guys, this is Cee (alias as iamnotcee ingame), used to alias as ‘mie’ and ‘[Zouk] Chocolate Milkshake’. I have plenty of free time so as suggested by Brandon ‘yuko’ Ang, I did a little something for AFL, him and myself to boost a little bit of popularity.

It’s my first time doing this sort of thing, so I’m unsure as to what really needs to be done. Constructive criticism is appreciated! :)

Around 5pm in the afternoon today, I have with me, Team Cataclysmic for their and my very first TF2 interview. Representing Team Cataclysmic today are Xilver, Yuko and 2ragic. Hopefully this interview will give you readers more insight to this team.

Hey guys! Why don’t we start things off with some team introductions. Who are you and what are your classes?

x: Hi, I’m Xilver, Team Cataclysmic’s Captain and I play the soldier.

yuko: Hey I’m yuko. Team Cataclysmic is based in South East Asia, mainly Singapore and I’m the medic for the team.

2ragic: My classes are soldier and scout. Started with soldier but then now mostly scout.

Are you guys currently studying? How do you manage to keep your work and play time in tact and still train?

yuko: Yeah studying at the moment. just work and play – Don’t play too much and don’t study too hard.

x: Yes. Am studying and working part time currently. usually I'll try to compromise by making time for scrims, but most of the time I'd say its the members who accommodate me. To further elaborate, about training, scrimming is our only training. Sometimes, if the other team is late, we'd use the time to debrief the team, rollouts/tactics/strategies and all.

2ragic: Yes studying. hmm, I used to play more, but I only put aside time for pugs and scrims. Usually I don’t control well, so closer to submissions I stop entirely like, deleting the game.

Well, what makes you guys glued to TF2?

yuko: The competitive community – I mean they're really like fun people to play with, sometimes pure retarded and stuff like that. The competitive aspect of tf2 is more or less the best I've experienced so far. And Cata is actually a damn nice team to scrim with because we got people like Lena and Boom (who sucks cock really).

2ragic: hmm my obsession with games was only in TF. TFC was like the only game I played a lot of when I was in secondary school. Then when it died, I didn’t continue playing games. So I’m pretty much just a sucker for it. Reasons? Hmm, maybe its the classes and teams. That’s what sets it apart from most games. I felt TF2 really pushed itself. The designs really caught me off guard because the initial concept was to go realistic. So the whole art direction really works for me. I like that they spent a lot of time like managing the game, updates and shit. Hope it lasts longer this time.

x: what made us glued to TF2, I wouldn't dare say completely because of competitive TF2, but more towards the bonding in the team we have achieved through scrims/pugs and fun times in pub games.

Who founded Team Cataclysmic? Care to share some history how it all started?

2ragic: I’ve got no idea, this is reserved for x.

x: I guess that'd be me who created, and founded the clan, Team Cataclysmic. The history about the team goes way back. It all started from Toshihiko's low profile team, Signum Vires. It consisted of himself, Lena, Odium, Snide and myself. Soon later, we renamed ourselves to, Team Cataclysmic. I was the one who proposed the idea, of renaming to "have a new start". We then had Priss as our medic when Bran/Yuko wasn't around yet. Not long later, Boom/Xotic, Bran/Yuko, and Msc came in respectively.

-unfortunately 2ragic had to leave during this point of time-

Who are the members in Team Cataclysmic now? What classes do they play?

yuko:

Xilver, Toshihiko and Msc – Soldiers

Xotic – Demoman

Yuko – Medic

Raze, Odium, Lena, Adsf, Bright and 2ragic – Scouts

How do you guys normally prepare before a match begins? Any pub raping or pugging?

yuko: tbh, we don't usually prepare before a match/scrim. We normally end up playing HoN (Heroes Of Newerth) till 5 minutes before the scrim before asking for server deets. Though on unique occasions do, we pubrape together once in a while.

x: I don't think we ever did "prepared" for a match for real much really. I'd say we just warm up ourselves by being early in the server, moving around doing pretty much nothing. Sometimes, we do talk about what to do later on during the match, though just a brief conversation.

So what map do you think is your strongest, and which do you feel you have the most room to improve on?

yuko: I think we really don’t know ourselves. It’s not up to us to decide actually.

Could you share with me your thoughts as you get to the mid battles?

x: Just “where is the demo..”

yuko: We just decide on the rollout we're going to use 3 seconds before the round starts. Then I'll keep screaming at the scouts to crouch or something so I can buff the demoman etc. Or laugh at the soldiers who fail their jumps.

Okay, lets move on. With the upcoming Asiafortress League Season 2, and your current OZFortress League, which do you think gives your team more pressure?

x: I'm not aware of anyone being pressured.

yuko: I believe we take these 2 leagues in our stride. Though playing in the OZFL has kind of hyped up our team a little. It's not everyday we play in 200 ping servers etc.

In your opinion, which teams do you think you need to look out for from both leagues?

x: we all take scrims seriously, but I don’t know, lets see what bran has to say.

yuko: We don't really look out for anyone, because it defeats the purpose of scrimming to improve etc. Though the more obvious 'strong' teams would be SLP (Such Lovely Pancakes) and dizziness from AFL II and [@] from OZFL.

What are your expectations for both leagues?

yuko: Hopefully Top 3 in AFL II and Title Holder for OZFL?

x: I just want more scrims and experience.

Have you guys been practicing for both leagues or do you just see how it goes?

yuko: We haven't been practicing per se due to conflicting time schedules. But we do put in our best whenever we scrim.

x: post scrims. Work on rollouts.. etc.

One thing I noticed about you guys is that you have 2 roaming soldiers which is an unique team play. What is your rationale behind this strategy/play style?

yuko: We don't really call it double roaming soldiers but more or less our soldiers tend to be excellent at roaming and aggro-ing. Our demoman is really self-sustaining and can pocket equally well. We adapt pretty quickly to the different situations posed to us etc. Sometimes both our soldiers aggro, sometimes we fall defensively together. Sometimes our demoman flies away. But I do make sure a pocket soldier gets assigned to me just for the heck of it. Simply put, we adapt to all the scenarios given.

x: It’s not really 2 soldiers roaming. It isn't really completely 2 soldiers roaming. It is all based on situations, scenarios, locations and judgment. We do have pocket soldiers still, just that the two soldiers would swap roles sometimes. Actually, if you were to speak of 2 roaming soldiers, I doubt it will be x + msc, you should be talking about tshk + x. In other words, you can say the team has 2 roam and 1 pocket, within the 2 soldiers and demoman.

yuko: in other words, you can say the team has 2 roam and 1 pocket, within the 2 soldiers and demoman. <--- this!

How about your thoughts on the unlocks? Will we see some buffbanner and or shield-sword plays from Cataclysmic?

yuko: Fuck the god damn unlocks already, I forbid the shield-sword on our demoman, he’ll be like a little small happy kid who just got his 6th birthday present.

x: Doubt so, Soldier’s shotgun is important for finishing off opponents.

This is a question directed to yuko. As Cataclysmic’s medic, do you feel being “under-protected” at times?

yuko: Uh, schucks.

x: win.

yuko: It’s like, DUH! But yeah, definitely – I mean every medic would probably feel the same way I do. Despite being given the best protection your team can offer you, since I'm pretty sure that everyone in Cataclysmic would give their fullest when scrimming/playing matches, there will definitely be better players out there in this cruel world. Though occasionally I'll rage at my pocket for being unable to kill like one scout. "Eh, you got 6 second delay is it? It's just a fucking scout." It seldom occurs though, everyone in Cataclysmic can be considered self-sustaining. Also, we're more or less a really bonded team, a mumble clique per se. So, we can afford to joke around verbally, but still give the match our 100%.

Xilver, since you are the one always nearer with the medic, do you consider yourself as a pocket or still a roaming soldier?

x: I never could decide if I am pocket or roam.

To the team, what are your opinions of Xilver as team captain?

yuko: AHAHAHHAHAAHA GOOD QUESTION I LIEK I LIEK

.......... Xilverphobia

yuko: hmm, yeah. HAHA.

x: what the hell man. why, WHY!

yuko: : xilver, he's really a skilled soldier, but sometimes he's just goddamn soft over voicechat/mumble. Then he occasionally blames his apparent fail on incorrect sensitivity. He's a great commander though, the team looks up to him as a leader and as a friend as well. He's really serious when it comes to playing matches, much more serious than any of us really, but still half my standard though. He's trying really hard to get to my standard. Give him another 10-15 years. He'll get there. Really.

x: wow thanks bran.

yuko: ^

x: I like that fail on incorrect sens. _|_

yuko: Xilver's like excellent in any class except medic which is currently 1/6 my standard.

Can you guys tell me more about your future in the TF2 scene.

x: Hoping for a local tournament to happen again like TF2 WCG 09. In the future, you’ll most probably see us in OWL. And I’m sure the team is hoping another LAN Tournaments like 2009 had.

yuko: Uhh. Firstly we are hoping that TF2 Lan Tournaments will be organized in Singapore. Secondly we’re going to take part in the OWL : SE when the next season begins, we’re starting to branch into foreign competitive scene. We’ve been starting to scrim foreign teams from Japan, Korea, Australia, etc. Taking part in the OZFL was a great leap for us as team, and wasn’t really in my to-do list back then. Locally, we also hope that many more teams will arise and step up to the challenge in this (did I mention) cruel world. We’re also getting our own server soon, and we hope it will facilitate much more competitive play with foreign teams.

With that being said, will we be seeing a Frag Movie by Team Cataclysmic? :3

yuko: Frag Movie? We have yet to find a producer for our Frag Movie. None of us are technologically-savvy despite being the youngest generation of the IT age in present day society.

x: hmm, maybe not, because there’s no one to produce for us.

Any closing words or shoutouts you guys would like to give? :>

yuko: Shoutouts to all the Cataclysmic members for being such a whorish bunch. To the chaineese members as well for being such a great bunch to be with. Everyone who has scrimmed with or against cataclysmic. To the peeps who have gave us critiques and comments about our gameplay. To Digital from ex-panic! for watching our local scrim against chaineese and giving really great suggestions. To Chop Man from Tetris Time for watching our local scrim against FTN and being such a great cheerleader in mumble. To everyone who has helped us in one way or another. Thanks to everyone. Oh, and thanks mie for the interview. :>

x: hi

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope everyone enjoyed reading this interview. 8D

I know some questions are really dumb and stupid, most were from CommFT and gotfrag but whatever.

Lastly I want to thank:

Cataclysmic for spending their time with me.

Wendy and Jaradcel for helping me.

Hope you enjoyed this read! :)

With that being said' date=' will we be seeing a Frag Movie by Team Cataclysmic? :3[/b']

yuko: Frag Movie? We have yet to find a producer for our Frag Movie. None of us are technologically-savvy despite being the youngest generation of the IT age in present day society.

I iz here :> but yeah its up to you i dont have shit editing skills butt you guys just hate me =(

you're a pretty cool guy when you don't open your mouth :D

With that being said' date=' will we be seeing a Frag Movie by Team Cataclysmic? :3[/b']

I iz here :> but yeah its up to you i dont have shit editing skills butt you guys just hate me =(

The same goes for you ..........

The same goes for you ..........

Except that the majority of the public will definitely disagree =D

on behalf of prince hcaz and princess priss this thread is approved

and king yuko thanks you.