This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
FIR

A rather pathetic question...

Enable multi-core rendering in video options.

Set cl_forcepreload to "1".

That's all I can think of.

Oh, and;

mp_fuckofffpsdips 1

record bran2pro

neverstop

fps_max 10000000

FPS dips can be fixed by various means.

Try closing all background applications as they sometimes tend to hog up the resources meant for HL2.exe

If your antivirus has a game mode then enable that when playing tf2 or atleast add your steam folder to the exclusion list. Exit or pause your antivirus for best results.

Defrag your steam files and if possible Defrag your HDD so that there are no access problems.

Disable Steam cloud in options.

If all of these don't work then you have to tune down your graphic settings a bit. You can use also use FPS configs but they make your game look very bad, you can check out m0re.nocrits.com for screenshots (if you want a config that doesn't bring down graphics a lot but removes the unnecessary clutter then pm me).

As TF2 is a very CPU intensive game increase your clock speed helps. So if you're geek enough you can try Overclocking your CPU. Even a minor OC will increase FPS significantly.

mp_fuckofffpsdips 1

record bran2pro

neverstop

fps_max 10000000

lolwtf.

Enable multi-core rendering in video options.

Set cl_forcepreload to "1".

That's all I can think of.

FPS dips can be fixed by various means.

Try closing all background applications as they sometimes tend to hog up the resources meant for HL2.exe

If your antivirus has a game mode then enable that when playing tf2 or atleast add your steam folder to the exclusion list. Exit or pause your antivirus for best results.

Defrag your steam files and if possible Defrag your HDD so that there are no access problems.

Disable Steam cloud in options.

If all of these don't work then you have to tune down your graphic settings a bit. You can use also use FPS configs but they make your game look very bad' date=' you can check out m0re.nocrits.com for screenshots (if you want a config that doesn't bring down graphics a lot but removes the unnecessary clutter then pm me).

As TF2 is a very CPU intensive game increase your clock speed helps. So if you're geek enough you can try Overclocking your CPU. Even a minor OC will increase FPS significantly.

[/quote']

I'll try all these out and see. Because the FPS dips are seriously affecting my game. From a nice 60-100 average, it dips suddenly to 9-12.

Defragmenting your HDD + closing antivirus helps a lot. Try Perfect Disk for best results, if you're looking for a free one then defraggler also gets the job done.

I an not getting a new HUD for the sake of my FPS' date=' the current HUD is already good enough for me to scan everything I need (ammo, health, capture point status, stuff like that). Plus I've been playing for 3 years now and this problem only recently surfaced.

What antivirus are you using? This is most likely the fix for you.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1093560

And try defragmenting your disk.

Defragmenting your HDD + closing antivirus helps a lot. Try Perfect Disk for best results' date=' if you're looking for a free one then defraggler also gets the job done.

[/quote']

I'll try get both of these done, though I thought defragging my HDD consumes insane amounts of time...

And Gamon, I don't know why I can't quote you here, but whatever it is, I'm playing on a laptop that can support Crysis on UltraHigh settings with decent FPS. I can run pretty much any game (and I dont mean that Dota crap) on my laptop with good/great/fabulous FPS. So I suggest you lay off my PC specs, I'm damn well confident it's not the problem.

Try updating your driver, but seriously you can't expect to be running TF2 on a laptop.

You can try setting your -dxlevel 81 or GET A NEW COMP!

I had a similar prob; took forever to realize it was an updated sound card driver that caused FPS drops. I had to roll back to the stock version for TF2 to work. Note that other games worked fine... with this sort of shit it could honestly be anything so good luck troubleshooting. As a last resort try reformatting or GET A NEW COMP!

I had a similar prob; took forever to realize it was an updated sound card driver that caused FPS drops. I had to roll back to the stock version for TF2 to work. Note that other games worked fine... with this sort of shit it could honestly be anything so good luck troubleshooting. As a last resort try reformatting or GET A NEW COMP!

YES GET A NEW COMP! Tell us what your comp specs are!!!

I an not getting a new HUD for the sake of my FPS, the current HUD is already good enough for me to scan everything I need (ammo, health, capture point status, stuff like that). Plus I've been playing for 3 years now and this problem only recently surfaced.

eh did you even see the last section its not about hud dude its about fps game booster and fps cfg ..........:<<<<

Try updating your driver' date=' but seriously you can't expect to be running TF2 on a laptop.

I aint a rich bastard like you, fyi.

This laptop of mine is powerful enough as it is. And the antivirus exception did wonders on my fps, I'm hitting 125-150 now (higher than usual O.o), thanks Nemesis.

And airshot, lol pm me next time, lemme see what you got, as long as you dont touch my HUD.

Try updating your driver' date=' but seriously you can't expect to be running TF2 on a laptop.

I aint a rich bastard like you, fyi.

This laptop of mine is powerful enough as it is. And the antivirus exception did wonders on my fps, I'm hitting 125-150 now (higher than usual O.o), thanks Nemesis.

And airshot, lol pm me next time, lemme see what you got, as long as you dont touch my HUD.

Yep, not a rich bastard but yet can afford a laptop that can support Crysis on UltraHigh settings with decent FPS. K

Unless your definition of decent fps is a slideshow

Yep' date=' not a rich bastard but yet can afford a laptop that can support Crysis on UltraHigh settings with decent FPS.

[/quote']

I had to work for that fyi. Ace my exams and shit like that. Maybe to you things are so free and you live a pampered life, but unlike you, I dont get everything I want, so please, fuck off with the trolling.