This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14

Look' date=' if anyone gives a shit, do something about it. If you feel some things are being done wrongly, use constructive criticism. The first thing everyone does is to point fingers. Complain that things are not going the way they should be going. If you have suggestions, give it. Instead of saying "oh lol u fail trololol"

How is anyone going to learn from their mistakes if no one tells them what to change, what to look out for, what to do right?

I know that a lot of you here are old players and it sucks to see the community dying this way. But if all this hate and flaming and trolling continue to exist thread after thread after thread after thread, what makes you think that pubbers are going to bother joining the community?

Stop complaining that the community is dying when any one of you doesn't give truly give a shit. Because if you did, changes would have been made/will be in the process of being made.

If the chatlog is an issue, fine. The purpose for the chatlog when I first read it was an explanation as to why the LAN event encountered problems. If the admins were to have just put "Oh LAN cancelled get back to you later." Questions would have been asked, and reference to the chatlog would still have been made.

Admittedly posting it wasn't the most "tactful" thing to do, but what's the point of using tact when everyone else in this forum doesn't possess that quality?

The way the community is right now is the reason why I, as a pubber of 3 over years, have never found the pleasure in belonging.

Be the change, for fuck's sake.

[/quote']

Community died long ago :U

Eh please give credit where you got the picture from. www.deadpris.com thanks for giving me more traffic :)

I'm not sure how I came into a target of trollers... but I'm sure it's got to do with helping to plan the tournament and contacting the LAN shop directly after some "individual" pull out of the tournament less than 1 week left to the tournament.

I don't know why benny and nata are getting flamed (or why the fuck I'm getting flamed) but the fact is someone organized a tournament and pulled out at the last minute and the admins of asiafortress are getting flamed.... LOL! I've been very quietly monitoring flames targetted at me, seriously, my conscious is clear so I'm sorry if I have hurt anyone's feelings or broken any little boys hearts to warrant such trolls on me :)

benny,

i saw the reply you typed in this thread abt editing stuffs to make this community a better place, so i edited your front post to make it sound a little bit better. hope you don't mind!

and removed GTFO The Mailbox.

Sigh.

I'm happy that our community isn't that petty to finger point at the bastard that pulled out less than a week before the tournament. I was pissed and annoyed.

I'm puzzled why benny and nata got flamed. And of course, I'm even more curious as to why people want to post pictures of me to troll me.

If what benny did was such an "unprofessional" thing to do, then the "professional" reply should be "benny you should remove the chat log". The unprofessional thing to do is to start hurling insults around - which was what our admins and players did.

The irony is the people that did not sign up for the tournament made the most noise. If you wish to contribute to the community, I suggest a few things:

1. Volunteer as an admin. Admins from hcaz to acel to wish to madman to spammah... has all slowly gave up caring much because everything they do are always under appreciated. Why don't you try being an admin?

2. Sign up in LAN tournaments and events. Honestly I am not for admins that join asiafortress when they are not competitive players themselves. Perhaps we can let them be forum admins, that's about it. You need to be more involved in the community to really claim you are a stakeholder and that decisions made affects you directly.

3. Advice your friends not to troll or pour oil over fire or stir shit. I'm sure these trolls have problems in their real lives and they rather take it out anonymously to online people. Heck, we all have our own concerns in real life. I don't totally disagree with admins trolling back because that's the only form of communication the trolls are used to.

If people like hanny, solaris and the others are kind enough to drop me a PM and let me know how I might have offended them, I can offer explanation and even apologize if I had did something against them personally. One time offer only :)

Thanks for editing my post Jazze. As for ^, everybody needs to stop trolling bolt seriously, if you wanna troll a little go ahead, but the level you've brought it to is close to cyber-bullying by posting his personal pictures and all the flaming in servers

Thanks for editing my post Jazze. As for ^' date=' everybody needs to stop trolling bolt seriously, if you wanna troll a little go ahead, but the level you've brought it to is close to cyber-bullying by posting his personal pictures and all the flaming in servers

[/quote']

dont worry, i have an alternate account to play on tf2 when people troll my main.

Hello, rmbed you posted sth abt no posting of pics so kindly remove mas selamat's pic from your avatar otherwise it's exactly the same as what others are doing. Thanks.

It's on Wikipedia. On public domain. Free to use.

Kinda hard to volunteer as admin or participate actively in pugs/scrims/tournaments/lans when you get raged at/flamed at/trolled/looked down upon when you don't perform "up to standards" as per elitism. Don't bother arguing, you know it's true.

Fix the attitude, get rid of that chip on your shoulders, then talk. Until then, regretfully, Asian TF2 is dying or already dead and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it except fixing your attitude problems.

Kinda hard to volunteer as admin or participate actively in pugs/scrims/tournaments/lans when you get raged at/flamed at/trolled/looked down upon when you don't perform "up to standards" as per elitism. Don't bother arguing' date=' you know it's true.

Fix the attitude, get rid of that chip on your shoulders, then talk. Until then, regretfully, Asian TF2 is dying or already dead and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it except fixing your attitude problems.

[/quote']

^ QFT x 2

I'll give an example; two new players recently started pugging (names won't be disclosed due to privacy issues.) . They basically ended up playing med/soldier for a couple of maps.

All I could hear in mumble was:

-> Who the f$%^ is this guy?

-> Why is he dropping ubers?

-> FML, this guy can't frag to save his life.

-> I'm never going to pick this idiot again.

-> Which idiot invited him to play.

You get the idea.

Are new people expected to join the "pug" community if this is how they're going to be treated?

just pull the plug admins...

you don't have to put up with this childish bullshit

i'm actually surprised at how the non-contributing spongecunts circlejerks flames those who tries to do something for the community

bad people!

Uh I don't think Mas Selamat plays tf2 in his detention centre or browse our forums...

With the same argument, anyone could go to anyone's Facebook and post their profile pics on the forums for others to troll.. Do we want our forums to be like that? If these people have no interest in making the game and forums fun, then as friends (wtftheyhavefriends?) we should encourage them to gtfo and mind their own business instead of having fun on the expense of others :)

but we're not their parents, we just ban.

Many admins here are noob tf2 players.. Acel Spammah Benny all very noob what :D as admins, we

Monitor forums, attend meetings, set rules, organize events, delegate duties, write to other companies for sponships or other people to contribute etc... No real tf2 skills involved :D please signup to help our community :)

i'm actually surprised at how the non-contributing spongecunts circlejerks flames those who tries to do something for the community

bad people!

^^^^ indeed

bad people!

you sir have to read ur pm!!!