Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Acel

Pub vs Pros Round 4

QNv7Y.jpg

[align=center]Credits to TEAL for the banner

ASIAFORTRESS PRESENTS:

9v6 PUB VS PROS ROUND 4!

The Pub victory count stands at 3, showing our Pros that they are no walkovers!

Will the Pros finally set the record straight this time round?

We shall see.

[/align]

[align=center]I planned the previous one and screwed it over. Time to make up for it.

[/align]

Introduction

This event has been done to promote our forums as a platform to our community. Do spread the word about this event to your fellow pubbers in the Starhubs/eClub servers, the more the merrier! This will serve as a platform where you will learn more about the game as a newbie to forming teams and getting involved in competitive TF2!

Pros

Sign up as a team with a maximum of 8 players. Provide your team's name, leader's contact name, members' names, leader's steam profile link and availability.

Definition of a pro: More than 1 month of scrim/pug experience

Registration Thread: http://asiafortress.com/thread-1422.html

Pub

Sign up individually in the thread provided (see link below). Provide your contact name, steam profile link, availability and classes preferred to play. (Main class, secondary class)

Definition of a pub: Not a pro

Registration Thread: http://asiafortress.com/thread-1421.html

Rules:

- Have fun

- Be a good sport

- No griefing

- Turn up for your matches if you actually sign up for them

Unlockables:

Only unlocks listed below are not allowed.

- Buff Banner

- Battalion's Backup

- Candy Cane

- Rocket Jumper

- Sticky Jumper

- Wrangler

- Sandman

- Unlocks that are released after 28th April 2011

Only 1 Pain Train will be allowed for both sides.

No full set bonuses will be allowed

Class limits:

Pros: 2 Scouts 2 Soldiers, 1 of everything else.

Pub: 1 of everything

Maps

Map 1: Pros to choose between cp_badlands and cp_granary

Map 2: Pubs to choose between pl_goldrush and cp_dustbowl

Tiebreaker: cp_gravelpit

Date of Event: 14th May, tentative. Might be delayed to 21st May depending on registrations

Registration closes on 11th May.

Only post discussion here. Please post in your respective threads for registration

Is this going to be late at night on the 14th? I leave the country the next day.

Normally the events take place from late afternoon until late night. I'd say midnight latest if a game goes too long but they normally start at 10.

Is this going to be late at night on the 14th? I leave the country the next day.

Normally the events take place from late afternoon until late night. I'd say midnight latest if a game goes too long but they normally start at 10.

Oh, well that's unfortunate then. Thanks.

Dude' date=' I rather you help me spam in public servers to attract more [u']ASIANS[/u].

Well they must be Asian if they want to play with a good ping.

Besides, it's a big event, must be advertised ( SPUF LOL ) ~ Even if those guys aren't gonna sign up they're gonna watch the event anyway, helps AsiaFortress gain recognition and all.

Dude' date=' I rather you help me spam in public servers to attract more [u']ASIANS[/u].

Just want to clarify this post for people visiting this thread outside Asia. We do take in players outside the region if you do not mind the lag trip. But the main focus here is to build upon our own community and to introduce them to the pugging scene (well sort of).

Acel, you can edit it/delete it if you want to.

I think it actually makes sense to use the winners of the mercs cup because as champions, they're truly representing the pros.

Wouldn't it make sense for people who want to play to sign up and then like a vote or pick for each class.

A poll could go up that says like:

Soldier

Options:

Benny

Kig

Atlas

P-Body

etc.

So you vote the most pro and then make a team.

I think it actually makes sense to use the winners of the mercs cup because as champions' date=' they're truly representing the pros.

[/quote']

I think it actually makes sense to use the winners of the mercs cup because as champions' date=' they're truly representing the pros.

[/quote']

I'm targeting our starhub/eclub public server players to start using our forums as a platform, as a form of communication/planning events. Not to watch the random pubs who just want to have fun get raped by pros who dedicate time to practice and become good at the game.

Wouldn't it make sense for people who want to play to sign up and then like a vote or pick for each class.

That sounds more like a popularity contest. So no.

yo i have problems with this statement.

"- Unlocks that are released after 28th April"

State what year please...

because if its after 28th April 2008.

That means no unlocks is allowed at all.

So please, edit that and state the year.

Also, the page should provide this link

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Item_timeline

So it be easier for them to check.

Your welcome :)

Edit: If possible, could you delay end of registration until 21st of May, thats when my school exam finishes and the PubvsPros can get a lot more participants. X) (cos got quite a lot of TF2 players here, 10-12)

If possible' date=' could you delay end of registration until 21st of May, thats when my school exam finishes and the PubvsPros can get a lot more participants. X) (cos got quite a lot of TF2 players here, 10-12)

[/quote']

Depending on registration. If there's enough participants as of 11th May, I'll just go ahead with the event and from the looks of it I won't be extending or delaying it.

If possible' date=' could you delay end of registration until 21st of May, thats when my school exam finishes and the PubvsPros can get a lot more participants. X) (cos got quite a lot of TF2 players here, 10-12)

[/quote']

Depending on registration. If there's enough participants as of 11th May, I'll just go ahead with the event and from the looks of it I won't be extending or delaying it.

alright cool no problem.

Btw, did you check out the suggested change for the homepage for the Pubz vs Proz?

Edit: you changed it already. All good :)

YOU'RE*

So please' date=' edit that and state the year.

Edit: If possible, could you delay end of registration until 21st of May, thats when my school exam finishes and the PubvsPros can get a lot more participants. X) (cos got quite a lot of TF2 players here, 10-12)

[/quote']

So please' date=' edit that and state the year.

[/quote']

He means after 28th April 2011?!? Why would you think it was 2008?