This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
sam

A little e-club issue.

Hi, as many of you might be knowing that I have been working on putting back the e-club match server. Thanks to pin who agreed to help, I had asked him to make me an admin so that i can host pugs on the server.

While fixing the server we faced many problems like putting on the configs and updating it on the SM. We couldn't manage it so I asked pin to ask Zach for help, I do not know whether he helped him or not but he said "Try not listening to him". Finally when we were able to fix the server and I think we had a pug there. Afterwards Zach removed my admin.

I asked pin "why has that happened?", he said Zach has his own reasons. On requesting the admin back and explaining him there could be know reasons greater than the spirit to cater the community, I got the admin back. But the same day I lost it again. Zach said he has a bad reputation.

Had it been so then i wouldn't be having a green 9 below my name (no arrogance). I wasn't going to make this public but well tell me what do you think.

Forum reputation means nothing. Look deeper into your reputation in the community.

"We learn from the mistakes we make"

Well, I didn't expect you guys to really read between the lines although I didn't mean anything. :/

If you truly are supportive of getting a server for pugs, we could try running a donation run server again. But the only problem here is getting a reliable server provider and a good middleman.

Actually, there seems like there's too many server around already, unless the connection of the server is different from the present servers, then maybe we should get it.

Anyway, back to his topic. he's reputation in the community might be bad but at least he has the initiative to try fixing the server when no one gives a damn about it. For that he at least gets a thumb up.

Way to move the community forward. What we need now is server environment consistency. Doesn't matter starhub, eclub, bfx, garena. Having consistent maps, sm_votemenu options, stable fps, good routing, proper configs will go a long way to running better events. Standards must be set.

I dont mind if i am not an admin but he said he wont making anyone an admin and he removed all the maps configs etc. which we worked hard to put on the servers.

Normally I'd say this kind of thing would be best handled in private, but I don't think anyone can deny there should also be a topic open to discuss servers for the community. Stable servers go alongside stable teams and admins.

Goddamnit, this thread didn't go anywhere. Stayed on this issue which sounds like a failed cause from the start anyway.

Anyway' date=' back to his topic. he's reputation in the community might be bad but at least he has the initiative to try fixing the server when no one gives a damn about it. For that he at least gets a thumb up.

[/quote']

Wow that seems like all of you already KNOW for a fact what happened to the servers.

It's not my place to give an explaination to what happened to eclub servers, but it was not a problem that anyone "external" could fix. Unless perhaps airshot wants to fly down to Singapore and go down to the data centre.

Ratsyc, too quick to pass judgement that "no one gives a damn about it"... because someone was running and maintaining the server voluntarily for the past few years.

Anyway' date=' back to his topic. he's reputation in the community might be bad but at least he has the initiative to try fixing the server when no one gives a damn about it. For that he at least gets a thumb up.

[/quote']

Wow that seems like all of you already KNOW for a fact what happened to the servers.

It's not my place to give an explaination to what happened to eclub servers, but it was not a problem that anyone "external" could fix. Unless perhaps airshot wants to fly down to Singapore and go down to the data centre.

Ratsyc, too quick to pass judgement that "no one gives a damn about it"... because someone was running and maintaining the server voluntarily for the past few years.

Nothing happened to the server, they are running fine and perhaps mr. vincent doesn't want them to be used for the pickup games just for AFL leagues, but i think zach doesn't want them to be used at all. Had someone given a damn about the servers we would be able to use it for the mercenaries cup?

Nothing happened to the server

I think you have said enough to show you know completely nothing about the e-club servers. Have you checked their bandwidth connections and physical connections for the past 2-3 years? If not... then... I think you're just saying all these for fun :D

I think I have dropped enough hints to what gone wrong with the e-club servers' date=' if any of you still insists or thinks that it was because "no one gave a shit" then........ LOL IGNTS (wow I haven't used that in years!)

[b']On "no one gives a damn"....[/b]

btw, if you remember clearly... e-club was the first few servers that offered to change cfg and maps and everything for the running of AFL (well duh since they're both run by the same guy)... so I'm not sure why you want to accuse Zach of not wanting to use the e-club servers for anything at all. Someone gave a damn about the server for past 2-3 years and played a HUGE part to Asia's TF2 scene aka ASIAFORTRESS........ *slaps forehead* Zach is the LAST guy anyone in this damn community to be accused of "not giving a damn".

Sorry if I'm getting a little defensive here... but I feel like waving at spammah and telling him "SEE I TOLD YOU NO ONE GIVES A SHIT WHAT PEOPLE DO FOR THE COMMUNITY" that kinda thing. and he would probably reply "I KNOW RIGHT"

btw spammah was the guy heading 1 or 2 of the AFL seasons, incase you forgot about him already.

This just went full retard

^

Another thumbs up.

Say, why does me praising airshot for having some initiative in trying to make the server better making you angry and went on defending zach?

Please don't bring up contributions to the community, like you said, no one gives a damn, but people who contributes doesn't do it for recognition but rather to make the community better.

I would just like to add that hcaz has messaged me regarding the use the eclub servers for the mercs cup. I am extremely grateful and touched by the support, but only in five days when I can confirm the event is a go with the support of at least four teams then I will look further into the issue of servers.

It is unfair to make sweeping statements like NO ONE IN THIS COMMUNITY CARES or WE CANT USE ECLUB FOR MERCS CUP OR FOREVER when all you see is one QQ post or a couple of flames here and there in some troll thread. People who used to care still care and people who don't care now care- if you care, and no one really cares if you care either.

And the fact that there are obvious personal undertones to why someone would insist on extending use of servers to include eclub and not just starhub, or maybe why one would be jumping to support anyone in defense of a non-existant offense just stirs more shit. I think we should be more careful about who to "give props to" or the people we pass off as bearing ill intentions.

people who contributes doesn't do it for recognition but rather to make the community better.

^This is the truth

Tl;Dr: UMAD CUZ UBAD?

Tl;Dr v2: Faggot shut the fuck up, you suck dick

can i troll here?

dropping hints is bad, not many smart people and hints are prone to misinterpretation or selective interpretation. why not be outright and say what's wrong in the most concise manner possible?

and there are no hints dropped here as to my intentions, clear as day, that I'm here to troll. It's something I've committed to provide in the past, the present and any forseeable future. Oh and don't go holding the existing forum data ransom again just because things are not turning out in positive favor.

damn! reading and writing between the lines is tiring!

th_u_jelly.jpg?t=1297754706