welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
rfnv

kids nowadays

Arent you a kid yourself.

Pro gamers dun make big bucks.

a. one who despises the consolefaggery that has come to fuck up the games we play

b. dem niggas who pley dem big tourneys and shit ainnit

Look at their prizes and you tell me if they win big bucks.

Look at their prizes and you tell me if they win big bucks.

REMOVE KEBAB Remove kebab

I hate how the term 'pro' is thrown around so much sometimes. Most people define a 'professional' gamer as one who is able to make a living off competing and winning in game tournaments (and partly, cash through sponsors). The only esport thats really profitable enough to do this is starcraft.

Also hi asian frens, when is the next AFL league starting?

i think this forum needs more discussion the necessity of forming stable teams that don't disband in the offseason and run away because a bunch of australians beat them while using hurtful words not out of place in a fourth grade insults slinging mudfest because someone got their justin beiber cd stolen

nvm

ps : at least the best teams aren't forfeiting the league because they can't deal with equalizer and bonk being unlocked kudos to you guys on that one

hello yukari !

this forum needs more cute azn bois and people that take charge of things and make news posts.

if you build it, they will come

As Seeker said there needs to be more consistency in drive to operate leagues. We need more people willing to spend their time running online video game leagues rather than other life commitments. Although this can be hard considering the dynamic high pressure life of the modern Asian youth but if you look within the region we can find the answer. Outsouce operations to a disenfranchised group of Hikikomori bois. Hopefully both cute and committed.

:oni::oni::oni::oni::oni::oni::oni::oni::oni::oni:

We need more people willing to spend their time running online video game leagues rather than other life commitments.

good luck in finding that yo!

:D:D:D

Fight for vintage was encouraging and I was intending to use it as a platform to assess team stability but Rev lost motivation which is most unfortunate. Then the Koreans start KTFL. Now I wonder wouldnt it be better if someone picked up fight for vintage and completed it?

The next AFL will only start when more stable teams are around. I'm particularly interested in the lower-tiers of Asian TF2. I hope more stable teams come out from there. Division 2 is what caters to such teams and we will be more strict with selection of teams for divisions. Meanwhile I guess its just cups for now.

It just takes a few hours a night, a few days per week to get a stable team going. What matters is finding the right people who don't screw you over after they commit to the team.

The community hasn't been going in the direction for a long while. There are not enough voices so nobody knows what everyone wants. Teams become dysfunctional before they even start. Players rather spend effort trolling than improving.

I think the only way the Asian community is to thrive is for all the countries to contribute. No one country will be able to sustain a decent league in the current conditions. We need more volunteers that actually do stuff. Right now there are too many leechers that don't help. Some of the volunteers disappear without a trace.

Take a look back at AFL season 2. Why can't we have something nice like that again?

Fight for vintage was encouraging and I was intending to use it as a platform to assess team stability but Rev lost motivation which is most unfortunate. Then the Koreans start KTFL. Now I wonder wouldnt it be better if someone picked up fight for vintage and completed it?

The next AFL will only start when more stable teams are around. I'm particularly interested in the lower-tiers of Asian TF2. I hope more stable teams come out from there. Division 2 is what caters to such teams and we will be more strict with selection of teams for divisions. Meanwhile I guess its just cups for now.

It just takes a few hours a night' date=' a few days per week to get a stable team going. What matters is finding the right people who don't screw you over after they commit to the team.

The community hasn't been going in the direction for a long while. There are not enough voices so nobody knows what everyone wants. Teams become dysfunctional before they even start. Players rather spend effort trolling than improving.

I think the only way the Asian community is to thrive is for all the countries to contribute. No one country will be able to sustain a decent league in the current conditions. We need more volunteers that actually do stuff. Right now there are too many leechers that don't help. Some of the volunteers disappear without a trace.

Take a look back at AFL season 2. Why can't we have something nice like that again?

[/quote']

This post is the complete and sensible truth, you've won back your credibility with this. Its really good to finally hear some updates with regards to AFL again.

As much as I hate to admit it, you're right about people putting in more effort to troll. And yet to answer your question, AFL2 was run in spite of the trolls- who can forget the first thread in this forum the HFFAC?

Every community will have its trolls. You're not supposed to feed or fight trolls. And when you strip people of their community mod and admin powers? Be more discerning.

That kind of commitment requires an equal and opposite pushback of support from the community though. I can't be the only one sick and fucking tired of one side/either side saying the other doesn't give a shit and they need to see results before they come aboard. Newsflash. All sides equally to blame for the mess this website/league/whatever, front players who refuse to budge on server issues to inconsistent administration to racism that needed to _STEP_THE_FUCK_DOWN_ aeons ago. Community and Institutions have both royally dropped the ball and there's far too much of an attitude that one faction "owes" another before some kind of yappy sugar-encrusted homosexual spammah-incited rubdown of mutual understanding occurs.

When you have a community built on casual pugs, teams that don't last two seasons and cannot maintain any kind of stable "roster", communication issues that need to be solved both by the staff here and by communities amongst themselves and all of the trolling, you get what you deserve. The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.

You have to do those things you couldn't though. This isn't a rebadging experiment in a marketing class, after all.

The reason your community is going down lower and faster than Monica Lewinsky on the Commander In Chief is primarily because of those reasons. What the community has to do is confront it, have teams that last more than one season, or take two pints of concrete and accept when ten or more players is necessary to ensure a team can be competitive for one season (BUT IT DIES AFTER LOL OFFCLASSING IS SO GUD xDDDDD ADMINS ARE SHIT), then anyone who cites the admins as the biggest issue are being master class fucking hypocrites to get shitty at people who match your commitment levels. The admins are as much a reflection of the community as anyone or anything else.

Teams have to last. Trolling and shit-talking beyond a certain threshold needs to stop (Australian, Singaporean, whatever) needs to stop. There needs to be a clear consistent line of behaviour from both admins and community teams about server and dating, not just slagging one team off and screwing them with the dates because X is a faggot who shit-talked your mother in some six month old pug nobody gives a fuck about. You try and make it easier for everyone, playing on their shitty servers from time to time. Everyone's guilty of a little bit of all of this.

You have to look at this from a counterpoint in the middle rather than as an administrator or a player. It's silly to ask of administrators a commitment level that's well above the average player when it comes to certain aspects. I know there's been massive shitfests over racism, server issues and scheduling. I also noticed a general level of expectation by a lot of people that the admins had to "come together" and solve that issue. But what exactly did the disparate scenes, player-groups and circle-jerks do while this all went down? Teams leaving solves the issue (in one way), but also damages/destroys it in another - and given the number of people complaining about the lack of genuine lasting leagues with mass appeal ... maybe, just maybe, teams leaving in protest/disbanding was not the right idea? Tell you what, I didn't see any public protest or open appeal to reason when that kind of thing went down. Yes, there is a communication gap; but you need to overcome that, not make it another excuse on the notch of reasons to leave.

So much of getting an administrator to give a damn (believe me, I have been one for multiple games) is attitude. You can't claim genuine discussion while everyone's taking a knife to everyone elses's back or hating on admins for past cruelties. Put eight teams in division one and eight teams in division two with solid lineups who do not disband afterwards, and you should find a lasting admin team that cares.

So what do we need to do and how please?how can teams last longer and seasons become successful, throw some light on that too please!