This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
natapon

Class and Unlocks Rules

Only the following unlocks are ALLOWED. Unlocks NOT LISTED here are BANNED.

Updated as of 27 July 2011 0407HRS +8GMT

Scout x 2

Soldier x 2

Pyro x 1

Demoman x 1

Heavy x 1

Engineer x 1

Medic x 1

Blutsauger

Kritzkrieg

Übersaw

Sniper x 1

Spy x 1

I think there's still quite alot of unlisted weapon and items.

How about just list those that are allowed to be use, easier to reference that way.

Pain train banned? T_T

Exactly what i wanted to say, isn't the weapon somewhat balanced. Equalizer is more imbalanced then pain train, if pain train was banned then equalizer should probably have been banned too.

IMO i think one pain train should be allowed, and for the demoman, because it's the class most vulnerable to scouts. I think it's a fair tradeoff for the extra cap speed, as with the paintrain the demoman can start backcaps (E.g Gran 2nd, Badlands spire), in exchange for increased vulnerability against scouts.

IMO i think one pain train should be allowed' date=' and for the demoman, because it's the class most vulnerable to scouts. I think it's a fair tradeoff for the extra cap speed, as with the paintrain the demoman can start backcaps (E.g Gran 2nd, Badlands spire), in exchange for increased vulnerability against scouts.

[/quote']

last time i checked, the demo still can't dual wield. bummer.

This is like the cinnamon style that ETF2L did for this year. I have to say, I don't agree with it. I think weapons like, The SR, Paintrain, Direct Hit, and many more should be allowed.

In a normal game situation they don't provide an advantage and in most cases actually pose a disadvantage. When a team uses these weapons it is purely situational. These adaptations and tactics are what make TF2 such a deep competitive game. We shouldn't avoid the weapons that Valve puts in the game, we should make a list of acceptable weapons and learn to use them.

In pugs and scrims I like to develop tactics that throw the other team off to give us a chance. Whether that means using the buff banner, the paintrain, or a number of different weapons.

CEVO and ESEA in NA have a good list of banned and unbanned weapons that we should observe. It doesn't strip TF2 of all of the new weapons but still allows it to be balanced.

We should at least keep discussion open.

less discussion will result in more doing. Talk so much in the end also wont be able to come up with a consensus anyway. just follow wat the admins decide.

Sandvich and paintrain is the only unlocks I'd insist on adding. Utilities being run to deal with uber disadvantage is the correct way to play the game, rest are fine. Paintrain is also hardly a gamebreaker and some demomen like to run it to be cool. Let them be cool imo.

A big list of items allowed and disallowed would be something to work towards though.

well its time to learn to play the game without needing unlocks to cover up lack of skill so something as close to vanilla as possible would be better. gunboats and equalizer are still there for obvious reasons. bonk. Sandvich should be added i agree

unlock rules updated. future events may have additional unlocks allowed. for now the default rules are vanilla + medlocks.