welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
yuko

Change in clauses - AFL IV Ruleset

Dear all,

After an intense discussion held among a few admins of AFL IV, we have decided to amend some rules that have raised certain disparities amongst certain individuals who have kindly pointed these out. With immediate effect, these rules will be implemented for all your future matches (i.e. Round 2 onwards). Round 1 games which have been played will use these rules as well. I will be talking to the captains of the teams whose matches will be affected by this change in clause.

Change 1

Original:

Overall Points:

4 Points for an match win

1 Point for an match loss

New:

Overall Points:

4 Points for an match win

2 Points for a drawn match

1 Point for an match loss

Change 2:

Original:

[*]The home team eliminates one map from the list of five maps

[*]The away team eliminates one map from the four remaining maps

[*]The home team then picks one map as their map selection from the three remaining maps

[*]The away team then picks one map as their map selection from the two remaining maps

[*]The remaining map will then be the tie-breaker map which will be played only when teams tie 0-0 or 1-1 on both maps.

New:

[*]The home team eliminates one map from the list of five maps

[*]The away team eliminates one map from the four remaining maps

[*]The home team then picks one map as their map selection from the three remaining maps

[*]The away team then picks one map as their map selection from the two remaining maps

In essence, draws will be allowed in future matches and only two maps will be played every round. This is because the difference of points gained by a winning team and that of a losing team is too big per match. (4 for winning team; 1 for losing team)

Teams affected by this change in ruleset:

- Xtremely Generic Name

- Mister

- PGTF2

- icumloads

Regards,

nmy

It's a shame we have to reverse the call after the game is over... I'm guessing I can't appeal.

I would argue that because the rules were changed mid season it wouldn't take effect to game that was finished by the rules established at that time. It would still follow the new points format but it should still award the win to the team that played in golden cap. The more recent point system does make more sense, but that doesn't seem like it should change a win. Even if draws can be made in future matches round one should take the point rule but not the draw rule to carry over because a call has been made. The rules above say that future matches should be allowed draws.

I don't want to sound like an ass but, I'd hate to let the team down. We played over 4 hours to get these points, the other game ended in a forfeit. It doesn't seem very set in stone. I don't know whether calls will be reversed later etc.

Whether its about the points catching up or not, it should not directly change the result of a game. We should just adopt the point system without changing the standings. The points awarded was the source of the problem not how that game turned out.

If the admins can review the calls that would help clear it up.

why didn't you guys just use the scoring system in afl3 right from the start?

you made "changes" to what was used in afl3.

It's a shame we have to reverse the call after the game is over... I'm guessing I can't appeal.

I would argue that because the rules were changed mid season it wouldn't take effect to game that was finished by the rules established at that time. It would still follow the new points format but it should still award the win to the team that played in golden cap. The more recent point system does make more sense' date=' but that doesn't seem like it should change a win. Even if draws can be made in future matches round one should take the point rule but not the draw rule to carry over because a call has been made. The rules above say that future matches should be allowed draws.

I don't want to sound like an ass but, I'd hate to let the team down. We played over 4 hours to get these points, the other game ended in a forfeit. It doesn't seem very set in stone. I don't know whether calls will be reversed later etc.

Whether its about the points catching up or not, it should not directly change the result of a game. We should just adopt the point system without changing the standings. The points awarded was the source of the problem not how that game turned out.

If the admins can review the calls that would help clear it up.

[/quote']

Agree. It is unfair to those teams which has already played and draw.

Please? give us the reasonable answer?

Sign in to follow this